Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006, 10:01   #16
Senior Member+

Re: -OFFICIAL-Website Player of the Year

Rob Elliott for me. After the goalkeeping problems of last season and the problems of this he has come in and performed heriocs in a costantly changing defence!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2006, 11:41   #17
Senior Member+

I too think there are a team full of potential votes and I cannot split who I would vote for so for me it has to be shared between Darren Randolph and Rob Elliott for the same reason as most people are saying - they both kept us in games where we could and should have lost with some blinding saves.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 15:14   #18
Senior Member+

yeah on this one I'm going for Rob Elliott too. Purely on his performances, and his stunning array of cardigans!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 15:37   #19
Senior Member+

Its got to be Paul Mullin for me, If i'm honest i didn't think he would deliver this season but he has been absolutely fantastic, if this guy had pace he would have surely graced the premiership, so strong, intelligent and has the abiltily to head the ball sheringham-esque...Top bloke to and deserves to play in the league....
Old 06-04-2006, 15:37   #20
Senior Member+

rob elliot , been a rock in that goal , saved matches for us and kept us in the game when most needed! gary roberts is my second choice for pure class in midfield but in my case not consistant!
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 15:44   #21

same here a vote for rob elliot fantastic saves that have saved us this year and probs give us promotion
Old 06-04-2006, 15:54   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PEEL PARK GHOST
Bertrand Bossu
Ha Ha Ha.....................He's French but we don't care
Old 06-04-2006, 16:19   #23
God Member

Another vote for Rob Elliot. Look what happened to Man. Utd when Scmeichel left. Let's hope we can sign Rob for next season.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 16:36   #24

Michael Welch- Won everything in the air at the back.
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 18:49   #25
Senior Member+

Gary Roberts great goals and 995 of the time always on form

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 19:20   #26
God Member

I said in a previous thread that I would share it between Randolph and Elliott. For keeping the points always last minute wonder saves etc, Give it the goalies.

Due to rules allowing only one player name, it would have to be Rob for his commitment to the cause through injury and the fact that he has played more games than Darren.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 10-04-2006 at 22:03.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 19:28   #27

I have to be honest here, I wasn't sure about Welchy in the first couple of games I saw him play, but in my opinion he has done as much as Rob or Darren toward keeping the goals down. Great positioning, awesome in the air and has done it with a whole range of partners at centre back. A true unsung hero. I vote for Welchy.
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 19:46   #28
Junior Member+

A wonderful season in every sense of the word: so many outstanding contributions there are too many to mention. Every single player has come together this year to make true THE impossible dream.

Each and every player who has graced the Stanley squad this year will go down in history. Let's not forget Anthony Barry, Darren Randolph and Stuart Jones - all of whom are no longer at the club but are so deserved of a medal at the end of this momentous campaign.

So too the likes of Danny Alcock and Andrew Procter - the latter having battled back so admirably from injury; how it must of hurt him to miss out on Stanley's promotion year.

For all the plaudits the players will rightfully recieve come the final curtain, only one player for me will rise above the rest - a player who I have admired as a person and as a footballer every since I first came to Accrington. He always gives 110% (cliche I know but for him it is the ABSOLUTE truth), he never hides and rose above an early-season goal-drought to orchastrate the club's progression onthe field with his very presence - oh - and his goals too.

For me he is the greatest asset the football club possesses - a true leader in his own right, not to mention the most reliable and consistent striker in non-league football and always, always the first name on the teamsheet.

How fitting it would be for him to score the first goal back in the league. I pray for that moment - he deserves it.

My player of the year is

Paul Mullin

Last edited by Count Duckula; 06-04-2006 at 19:51.
Count Duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 20:52   #29
Senior Member+

It is so hard this season because it seems ages since we were on here whinging about Player A or Player B (Mostly after the Worcester & Stevenage games!) We 've had a brilliant 4 or 5 months which will culminate in Promotion for the third time in 5 years. It is testament to all at ASFC for a fantastic season & its very hard to pick out one player.

The goalkeeper situation was embaressing at times yet I reckon we have seen three of the best goalkeepers & the best since JAmo for cult image. Who can forget the rendition of Stay Now to Darren & Jonesy saying he's never seen fans like it! Robbie has & will always be one of the main reasons we are champions! Legend is too short a word

At the back we've been awesome from Welchy, to Leam Richardson, Cav they've all been immense.

In midfield the shining lights have been Ian Craney & Gary "nutmegged by me in the fans game" Roberts. Both will undoubtably, IMO, be offski in June but it was a pleasure. Ian Craney's dancing & Gary's Alcohol purchasing skills will be missed.

Up front, the man that strings it all together & is so honest it sometimes means he gets very little from the ref - Paul Mullin (The best thing to happen to ASFC since the Ormerod sell on clause & will only be bettered by the Clayton End Roof!) The man is so reliable, so strong, again a real Accy legend & obviously first name on the sheet.

That said, the man I believe to be player of the year, IMO is the guy who started with us as a boy. A man who is much maligned & sometimes ridiculed yet has been with us like Jimmy & John, from the start of the Coley Revolutio. A player who's game has come on in leaps & bounds yet is still young & still learning. A player who JC rates very highly & he obviously knows a player. A man with I believe has everything & only needs experience to go to the very top!

LAdies & Gentlemen (& Boggles!) I give you

Robert Williams (My Player of the Year)

PS I would personally like to take the opportunity to thank everybody at Accrington Stanley for this wonderful season. Players, fans, Management, BAckroom Staff (even Shultzy!) Groundsmen, Mascot, Bar staff, Coach Drivers the whole damn lot of you/us should be very proud! When the dust settles remember that we all had a hand in this little piece of history.

PPS & I don't just mean the fact we have won so many games, I mean th e whole experience this season has been A1! I love you all!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 23:58   #30
Senior Member+

Cant argue with any of the players people have put forward, for me phil edwards has been brilliant, ant barry was also, boco has been great some games but inconsistant, but my choice...

Ladies & Gentlemen (& men who tuck their bits between their legs pretending to be a lady)

Ian Craney, just for his battling and ability to change a game when he gets a little mad, scores now and again too.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..