Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2006, 08:25   #31

Re: -OFFICIAL-Website Player of the Year

This is a toughie, shame that i can only pick one player, but for all the work he gets through every game, it has to be Paul Mullin.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:21   #32

My player of the year is Rob Elliot, because he is always the most reliable player on the pitch.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 17:42   #33
Senior Member+

This is looking like a done deal! I agree,it's gotta be Rob Elliott;a true professional in every sense of the word.He has saved our sorry a** on so many occasions this season and had to cope with some seriously woeful defending.I hope he stays with us but I fear there maybe more tempting offers heading his way! Well done Rob!
Old 07-04-2006, 18:03   #34
Member.

Rob Elliott. Reason should be self explanatory. That should detract the effort, commitment and passion of the rest of the team, every one them a professional Footballer, every one of them in Accrington’s debt. Thank you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 18:30   #35

Got to be Gary Roberts.

He has been the difference between being a hard to beat workmanlike team and a consistently winning team IMO. His pace and skill are a cut above and the goals he has chipped in with have been invaluable.

As for Rob Elliott, he looks a good keeper. I think this love in is a bit disrespectful to Darren Randolph though myself, he was every bit as good IMO.

Each to their own though!!
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 21:19   #36

I think Darren Randolph.............

If only for the best headline written about his leaving us just before Christmas

"RANDOLPH THE RED LOAN REIGNED HERE"

Pure class, as his performances were.

Saying that, I really have to go for his mate, Rob, as someone else said on here, he has turned losses into draws, draws into wins, with his superb saves at crucial times.
Was behind his goal, second half. last Saturday, & really began to appreciate how lucky we are to have had him for the last few months.....

Thanks, Rob, you (& Darren) have got us where we are at present.

I'm talking as one whose boyhood heroes were Frank Swift & Bert Trautmann!!!!
You're both too young to have even heard of them!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:46   #37
Senior Member+

Has to be Paul Mullin. The team can't play without him and tonight at FGR illustrated that perfectly. Without Mullin we have no plan B, so he has to be player of the season.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:40   #38

Paul Mullin for me as well please. Scored so many vital goals, always 100%, never argues with ref, an example pro
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:29   #39

Rob Elliott has done an excellent job for us since he joined the team and has saved us with some of his great acrobatics in the net and I can't fault him really apart from some of his wonky goal kicks ..........But, saying all that Paul Mullin is my player of the season, always gives 110% week in week out, I class him as our strongest player and I agree 100% with Tin Monkey we REALLY missed him at FGR last night...

AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 14:48   #40
God Member

I'm gonna go for Randolph and Elliott. Talk about a major turnaround when they joined, first darren then Robert.

cheers lads

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 18:29   #41
God Member

Sorry folks but some of you have voted for more than one player (Darren & Rob) in the one vote, there's only 1 trophy up for grabs so please can you choose one or the other of them otherwise your vote doesn't count
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 19:14   #42

Robbie Elliott

His vital saves must be worth 20 points this season and we'd have been embarassed on a few more occassions especially recently. The difference between this season and the previous two is that we have leaked far fewer goals well done Robbie
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 00:04   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Sorry folks but some of you have voted for more than one player (Darren & Rob) in the one vote, there's only 1 trophy up for grabs so please can you choose one or the other of them otherwise your vote doesn't count
it's really hard to choose as they both played a vital part but at different times, is there no way if they are picked we could have a joint winner, I am prepared to stump up for a second trophy!!!!!????!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
it's really hard to choose as they both played a vital part but at different times, is there no way if they are picked we could have a joint winner, I am prepared to stump up for a second trophy!!!!!????!!!
Sorry, I know it's hard to choose between the two of them but by the same token it's hard to choose any one player from the whole team so in effect we could end up giving them all a trophy.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:59   #45
Junior Member+

My player of the year is gary roberts. Elliot has done well but it is Gary Roberts for me

woody_2201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..