Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2012, 16:50   #76
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Ok people let's take stock for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
true Cashy, but those home games included in the post coley era included such teams as Plymouth, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and Port Vale - all of whom would have brought significantly more than the average given of 404 (didnt Shrews bring 1800?)

I wouldn't read too much into that tbh
Attendace for the visit of Shrewsbury Town at the Crown Ground ATT 3275 which included 1616 Shrews fans
Old 30-08-2012, 17:24   #77
God Member

Why not try something straight away against Bradford who are doing better than usual this season and will probally bring 1600+ so why not try walk on prices for home fans only at half price so hopefully getting a large crowd with good amotsphere.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 17:40   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Why not try something straight away against Bradford who are doing better than usual this season and will probally bring 1600+ so why not try walk on prices for home fans only at half price so hopefully getting a large crowd with good amotsphere.
Couldn't see that working very well. yeh would get half of yorkshire in the stanley section that way.
Old 30-08-2012, 17:56   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
The league rules state that away fans must be charged the same as home fans in a comparable area.

There are some exceptions, like Rochdale who's fans seated in the main stand have 2 pillars holding up the roof so they have a restricted view, as the away stand doesn't have a restricted view, Rochdale are allowed to fleece the away fans by about a fiver.

EDIT: Well they did that last time we were there, on checking the Rochdale website, the main stand and the away stand are currently the same price (£20)

Last edited by Redash; 30-08-2012 at 18:00. Reason: facts
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 18:18   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
The league rules state that away fans must be charged the same as home fans in a comparable area.

There are some exceptions, like Rochdale who's fans seated in the main stand have 2 pillars holding up the roof so they have a restricted view, as the away stand doesn't have a restricted view, Rochdale are allowed to fleece the away fans by about a fiver.

EDIT: Well they did that last time we were there, on checking the Rochdale website, the main stand and the away stand are currently the same price (£20)
It is a rule, but I think each club is allowed a couple of matches a season to offer price incentives. Mr T will soon tell us.

I seem to think Preston got in trouble a few seasons ago with unfair pricing.
Old 30-08-2012, 19:43   #81
God Member

It is certainly worth looking at some of the various talking points and discussing at the next Supporters Club meeting and trying to work with the Club on some of the ideas and hopefully help bring some to fruition

Also I think dialect with the Club and also access to some of the Directors is also important and we do have that as fans in fact one stands in the Clayton End every home game

There are also some projects that are at there early stages but will hopefully help bring the Club closer to the Supporters and vice versa.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 20:50   #82
Super Moderator

Loads of good stuff.

Sorry can't give mega long answers; man named Cook has other projects at present!! Only just arrived home.

Neil, top idea lets meet at the OSC and discuss things in the open!! Neil when is the next meeting?

Yes on reduced prices we have to charge the same for home and away, although "local promotions" are available BUT we have to get FL approval. Bradford and other local games wouldn't be approved
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 20:54   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

Neil, top idea lets meet at the OSC and discuss things in the open!! Neil when is the next meeting?
Sept 10th 7.15pm. asked him the same question a couple of hours ago
Old 31-08-2012, 07:24   #84

As a Stanley fan I would not go anywhere else, but as a business model we have to ask a different question. It's all well and good asking why people DON'T attend home games, but the question is 'Why should they?'

The club are trying to attract the floating football fans who could go anywhere, so what do they get at AS. 1970s facilities, broken seats and disgusting toilets with no loo roll.

Against Torquay a few years ago the ground was packed with fans who had attended free of charge. That was a great opportunity to show the benefits of the club - but they didn't return, why?

2 years ago, I invited 8 friends to attend a home game, and none would come back unless the facilities were improved.

If the board ask themselves why people would want to attend home games, the answer is right there IMHO.
Old 31-08-2012, 07:36   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

In theory i agree Bob, in practice i aint so sure, Blackburn who have first class facilities, have lost 10.000 approx oer the last 2 years. The facilities we got are decrepit,but would spending brass we aint really got at the moment, make a worthwhile difference? i aint so sure.
Old 31-08-2012, 08:43   #86
Senior Member+

I don't understand this obsession about facilities. I know they could be better, but I go up Stanley to watch the match. And that to me is what its about.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 09:29   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I don't understand this obsession about facilities. I know they could be better, but I go up Stanley to watch the match. And that to me is what its about.
Same here Bernard, But there sure aint enough of us, which is the real problem.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:56   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I was talking to an older gentleman this morning who has one of the life season ticket jobbies, he doesn't go up as often as he could (free) because of holes in the roof. So facilities really could be better!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 12:30   #89
God Member

I can't vouch for the state of the ladies' at Stanley but the gents are fairly typical at unmodernised grounds: pretty disgusting. But then most men will put up with a lot of things as long as they can watch the match. However, (IMHO) most women, rightly, won't put up with toilets that are not clean.
My wife and I try and get to as many away games in the south as we can, and she has her own list of least-favourite grounds. It's not those where Stanley lost the points, but where she was faced with, to her mind, a disgusting toilet. Farnborough Town was an all-time low, I recall.
Those who are not die-hard fans, i.e. Stanley's missing customers, may be equally put off by squalid toilets.
In trying to encourage bigger crowds, don't under-estimate [1] women's ability to influence who goes where on a Saturday afternoon and [2] the importance of clean toilets to most women.

P.S. Given the subject, it was a real challenge to avoid using the word c**p.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 14:10   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I can't vouch for the state of the ladies' at Stanley but the gents are fairly typical at unmodernised grounds: pretty disgusting. But then most men will put up with a lot of things as long as they can watch the match. However, (IMHO) most women, rightly, won't put up with toilets that are not clean.
My wife and I try and get to as many away games in the south as we can, and she has her own list of least-favourite grounds. It's not those where Stanley lost the points, but where she was faced with, to her mind, a disgusting toilet. Farnborough Town was an all-time low, I recall.
Those who are not die-hard fans, i.e. Stanley's missing customers, may be equally put off by squalid toilets.
In trying to encourage bigger crowds, don't under-estimate [1] women's ability to influence who goes where on a Saturday afternoon and [2] the importance of clean toilets to most women.

P.S. Given the subject, it was a real challenge to avoid using the word c**p.
I'm not suggesting for one minute there shouldn't be decent toilets, or that there shouldn't be decent roof on the stand. Of course there should be. Its more the trend in football to things like corporate hospitality and other such things that I'm not over impressed with.

Last edited by Bernard Dawson; 31-08-2012 at 14:14.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

« Lancs Cup | Bbc »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..