Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By andyd
  • 2 Post By stanleyhouse
  • 1 Post By andyd
  • 3 Post By cashman
  • 3 Post By Kiwi John
  • 2 Post By MikeA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2021, 17:19   #1
God Member

Online ticketing trail.

For the upcoming Portsmouth home game the club are trailing online ticketing sales for certain areas of the ground IMHO this has been a long time coming hopefully a success and rolled out for every part of the ground, not a great leap in attendance figures but it will help fans or otherwise buy tickets without going to the ground or facing long queues on match days.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2021, 18:27   #2
God Member

Re: Online ticketing trail.

Have to agree Andy, not before time

On another note, I find it strange that a game against Pompey - who will bring a few - is not priced the same as Wigan?

Maybe I am wrong, but it was done to make The Club money - I would have thought?

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:24   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats summat i could not weigh up also? mind i can remember pompey bringing 10.000 to peel park in 50s for a cup tie.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:31   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats summat i could not weigh up also? mind i can remember pompey bringing 10.000 to peel park in 50s for a cup tie.
Showing your age Cashy 😂😂😂💤
cashman likes this.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:36   #5

Rather than just for making money it was done to offset the costs of policing the matches.

Pompey will bring about the same as Ipswich, nowhere near the numbers Wigan, Sunderland ,Sheffield Wed or Bolton will bring, hence no rise in price.
Remember there are 4 matches with reduced prices (Adults £15) too to offset the increases.
Tin Monkey and cashman like this.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:16   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Showing your age Cashy 😂😂😂💤
i aint bothered about that andy i lived at bottom of Burnley Rd back then and followed them up to the match all were very friendly that i spoke to,
Old 05-10-2021, 13:47   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Rather than just for making money it was done to offset the costs of policing the matches.

Pompey will bring about the same as Ipswich, nowhere near the numbers Wigan, Sunderland ,Sheffield Wed or Bolton will bring, hence no rise in price.
Remember there are 4 matches with reduced prices (Adults £15) too to offset the increases.
Thanks for that Robert

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:11   #8
God Member

after their first visit to the wham portsmouth have brought less and less there as the seasons have gone by. think for some of em it would have been just ticking off a new ground for them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:15   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
after their first visit to the wham portsmouth have brought less and less there as the seasons have gone by. think for some of em it would have been just ticking off a new ground for them.
Also it's a long way plus an open terrace so not so attractive if it's whizzing it down, said before better the facilities and more will come back slowly getting there.
cashman likes this.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:28   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Also it's a long way plus an open terrace so not so attractive if it's whizzing it down, said before better the facilities and more will come back slowly getting there.
what always surprise me is that away fans still stand on the open terrace when there is room in a good stand to sit out of the rain. its a novelty i could do without even with good rain proof clothing that i own. years on an open terrace at hartlepool as a kid put me off that sort of thing for life.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:24   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
what always surprise me is that away fans still stand on the open terrace when there is room in a good stand to sit out of the rain. its a novelty i could do without even with good rain proof clothing that i own. years on an open terrace at hartlepool as a kid put me off that sort of thing for life.
it dont surprise me i will always stand until i cannot, really detest having to sit at a football match. must be loads like me i think?
Kiwi John, choirboy and ferret man like this.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:05   #12
God Member

Quote:
it dont surprise me i will always stand until i cannot, really detest having to sit at a football match. must be loads like me i think?
I used to be the same Cashy till I had hip replacement,s and transferred to the main stand and love it much better view of the games on the side wouldn't go back behind a goal unless you have too away from home

Last edited by andyd; 09-10-2021 at 10:07.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:15   #13
God Member

Quote:
" LUXURY!!. I recall 1,500,000 Aldershot supporters coming to Peel Park just to watch Stanley train prior to the weekends game- and they had to come in two x 12 foot canoes as all roads from south were closed due to heavy fog."
Kiwi John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2021, 10:58   #14
God Member

Quote:
can understand anyone wanting to stand if its undercover. the only worse thing than that are the places like stockport where away fans have to sit in the rain.
Old 13-10-2021, 14:18   #15
Senior Member+

I had visions of someone policing what happened to the tickets that people had bought. Then it dawned on me that this is about a trial, not a trail!
Tin Monkey and choirboy like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..