Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2011, 15:11   #16

Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
We must get away from this impression that we are all a bunch of supersticious(suspicious?) cynics!
- - - and I was just going to ask if it is a playoff for ownership of the club ! Regard my knuckles as being rapped then eh, Sherry ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2011, 16:02   #17

Never LLS! You can rap mine though for the none deliberate mistake (superstitious) .
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 16:59   #18

being marooned on a stickyout bit into the english channel, I am not in tune with events on the crown ground. Am I right in thinking that the atmosphere has diminished in a non-fire retardant sort of way ? If so might this forum be an ideal stage to sort this matter out with the club in a playoff push sort of way ?
Old 15-01-2011, 17:27   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
being marooned on a stickyout bit into the english channel, I am not in tune with events on the crown ground. Am I right in thinking that the atmosphere has diminished in a non-fire retardant sort of way ? If so might this forum be an ideal stage to sort this matter out with the club in a playoff push sort of way ?
Hi LLS if you are referring to the Flags & Banners they are back and really have added to the atmosphere at the last two home games.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 22:20   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
We must get away from this impression that we are all a bunch of supersticious(suspicious?) cynics!
I know you said that in jest, but having read back on some of my posts the past few days I've realised what a bitter person I've been made to look by the clowns running the circus. For the good of my health, (there's only so much blood boiling the human body can take ), it's time to distance myself.

Good luck for the rest of the season
Old 15-01-2011, 22:20   #21

thanks Pendle - brilliant news
Old 15-01-2011, 22:25   #22

hope you wrote that in jest Dave - I for one enjoy reading your posts mate so carry on carrying on please.
Old 15-01-2011, 22:41   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I know you said that in jest, but having read back on some of my posts the past few days I've realised what a bitter person I've been made to look by the clowns running the circus. For the good of my health, (there's only so much blood boiling the human body can take ), it's time to distance myself.

Good luck for the rest of the season
Now then, young Dave, like LLS, I sincerely hope you're having a little joke. We need your brand of amusingly wry cynicism and dry wit!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 22:46   #24

I second LLS Dave. Your posts would be missed not to mention your insight into events/notices
which sometimes elude we lesser mortals.

Plus opening the valve to release the pressure on the boiling blood is better for the good of your health.
:-**
Old 16-01-2011, 00:14   #25
God Member

Hang on a mo guys n gals...............Im pretty sure this is a typo error, surely it should read "push off and let us play?".............or am I being a little over pessamistic?(sp)

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 11:07   #26
God Member

It's funny or strange that the club has pulled this event out of the air putting it out there without any reason why or what it's to achieve??? I'm sceptical on motive like uk says jc usually just wants everyone to push off and let him play his way or is this call from dick n don I wonder? The problems ain't with the TEAM itself we have good players and prove our contention in the league well - the problem is off field and finance to back JC & JB!!

Just to confirm LD wasn't joking this time he has come to the end of the line as far as stanley is concerned, pushed too far and this is from someone who doesn't support Stanley but wanted better for Stanley fans whom are friends of his and importance of Stanley in our town, but feels all efforts are for nothing and the lack of gratitude when we all have done whatever we can for the club is thrown back when the club just won't adapt to change or learn lessons of the past going forward. I can see where he's coming from and feel the same way myself and sadness of it as a Stanley fan but hey ho it won't change apathy is set in.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 16-01-2011 at 11:10.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 12:05   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Just to confirm LD wasn't joking this time he has come to the end of the line as far as stanley is concerned, pushed too far and this is from someone who doesn't support Stanley but wanted better for Stanley fans whom are friends of his and importance of Stanley in our town, but feels all efforts are for nothing and the lack of gratitude when we all have done whatever we can for the club is thrown back when the club just won't adapt to change or learn lessons of the past going forward. I can see where he's coming from and feel the same way myself and sadness of it as a Stanley fan but hey ho it won't change apathy is set in.
i take it they still aren't paying their bills then?
Old 16-01-2011, 12:22   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i take it they still aren't paying their bills then?
It's not about just the bills it's more about the attitude, treatment of people, gratitude and appreciation for anyone who helps the club and keeping promises also transparency

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 14:33   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
It's not about just the bills it's more about the attitude, treatment of people, gratitude and appreciation for anyone who helps the club and keeping promises also transparency

Yet another local business that was prepared to get involved gets 'shafted', it really is beyond the pale..........Mel, Dave Im sorry its gone tits up so to speak, but thanks for everything you did for the club....................I would have given up months ago!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 14:53   #30

Unhappy Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Yet another local business that was prepared to get involved gets 'shafted', it really is beyond the pale..........Mel, Dave Im sorry its gone tits up so to speak, but thanks for everything you did for the club....................I would have given up months ago!
So say all of us who have even a little insight into the lack of respect shown to those who have done their best to support the club in many guises.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..