Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2011, 17:56   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Open Forum Event

Disgraceful that two people who have gone the extra mile for the club should be treated in this way. Even more galling when it happens to two mates of mine and many others in the Stanley "family".

My blood is boiling now and I think I'll end this post before I say something I may regret! But before I do, I'd just like to echo Cowboy's and Sherry's sentiments - thank you, Mel and Dave for all you've done for the club. We, the ordinary fans, appreciate it and won't forget it.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2011, 18:17   #32
God Member

Cheers friends, its not a sudden thing but over the period of time before the sos till this season, its just the realisation of things at the top not changing nor seemingly will do by many fans posts that its a like it lump situation and honestly do not want it to be about us -this is just our view of whats happened and how we feel about it and know the people that should be responsible wont accept responsibility for the way things are going. John Coleman & Jimmy Bell and their red n white army will get my support BUT the people who proclaim to own and run it DONT!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 18:39   #33
God Member

Just to re-iterate the point of posts we don't want it to be about us - it's a motion of something has to give at higher up maybe re-open discussions of the ownership, share issue that has been forgotten, relations between supporters, business and community. Some people have intermated that discussion is negative as is motion of change. If that kicks arse then so be it but doing nothing but winging is negative and is the point of post and why we have taken our stance and wish not to have sympathy, we always had support from people here and will return it No probs
- thanks it's just a principle of where the club is failing in the usual places is the point. What started last season till the fans meeting in aug/sept and then the drive just disappeared ....

My winging will cease and hope at some point I'll open my mouth when things turn upwards and change is motioned until then I shall remain quiet other than on pitch talk which is the only positive thing about Stanley other than the supporters

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 16-01-2011 at 18:43.
Old 16-01-2011, 21:51   #34
God Member

oops sorry Mel, didn't mean to open a potential can of worms but if i did then sod 'em! I'd also like to express my thanks for the efforts that the pair of you have made and attempted to make.

Unfortunately you are just another statistic of local businesses/individuals that have been shat upon by the Stanley powerbrokers and until that changes I have become one of the 'couldn't give a monkeys' brigade as well. I'll not part with a penny more than I have to whilst the current regime continues to make my club a laughing stock.

There have been so many mistakes - both deliberate and accidental made by the club over the past few years that I fear it will never be recouperable for the older generations of fans that we still may have been able to sway. And its not just walk ons that we need, we need the support of the business sector and I can summise that most of Hyndburn wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, through the lack of respect shown and also the fact that they aren't trustworthy. I'm not calling them thieves by any stretch of the imagination - but I couldn't trust them to do the right thing with any money given. Any success that Coley may or may not bring to the club is in spite of the hierarchy not because of it. Dav007 posted last summer that he wouldn't be going to home games because of it, and I have reluctantly joined that thought. Mostly because I'm skint but also partly because I'd rather my occasional games are away from home!

Roll on the regime change please ....
Old 17-01-2011, 07:11   #35
God Member

What a HUGE loss for readers of this forum to lose the wit and sarcasem of Lancashire Dave. Please continue to post here Dave, your absence will make threads just that wee bit less entertaining. I am not surprised the club can't satisfy all its creditors ontime, most business's can't, but to leave a smaller enterprise waiting so long AND not just any old company,one run by people who have the club extremely close to their hearts, is positively criminal. I just love my ASFC card Dave, its brilliant.
BTW, would Dave and Mels predicament sit well with Illyas (if he was aware of it)?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 10:12   #36
God Member

Thanks Macca u get the point interesting that u would prefer an occasional away game than home - that speaks volumes, we're all struggling with finances and where our money goes is taken more thoughtfully than before. Our little empire will still survive without Stanley (in fact better) it's the fact of the relationship between that and the club now ignored no continuity, despite free space in a prime spot in town centre was offered to the club, it's not all about money you know!

What about those that have given their free time to help the club with selling programmes, 50-50, clearing pitch help fixing the various areas of the ground - what value does the club give in appreciation, do they feel valued for their time?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 17-01-2011, 11:27   #37

Going off subject just a tiny bit, BUT, Does anybody know what has happened to our "Transparent" Saviour ?, (has become very transparent ).
Old 19-01-2011, 12:14   #38
God Member

Back to topic! Is anyone going? I don't know if I want to or not just don't have a good feeling about it altho welcome any chance of communication about our club, last time we had any sort of fans forum was the SOS apeal and been even longer since JC has personally held one, I've no real complaints of JC and what the manager needs from us. Tho after last nites result maybe we're pushing it too early Just a bit confused about the note of 'special offers' so denote it's a financial push as well, is it asking our support or is it wonga related ?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-01-2011, 12:19   #39
God Member

I suspect both Mel, am in two minds whether to go or not tbh. If its just a 'support the lads push', then I fail to see any benefit as the lads get our support regardless, however if it is support the lads by buying x.y.or z, then Im afraid I would find that a bitter pill to swallow.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 12:30   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I suspect both Mel, am in two minds whether to go or not tbh. If its just a 'support the lads push', then I fail to see any benefit as the lads get our support regardless, however if it is support the lads by buying x.y.or z, then Im afraid I would find that a bitter pill to swallow.
Not only me then same feeling if it is monetry support I wouldn't be able to swallow the pill - that's what's worrying me about going is the latter & I'm sure I could point them in the direction of how to unburden the money woes but suspect they won't take and looking towards the supporters wallets & that worries me especially in today's economic climate even more so after last time. I can't see anymore other support we can give John other than Stanley at heart.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-01-2011, 13:45   #41
Resting In Peace

I also think that the begging bowls will be out for this Push for the Play Off Campaign. Probably should be re-named Push for the Pay the Bills Campaign, or Push for the Keep out Ilyas Khan Campaign. I, personally, and I suspect the majority of supporters will not be contributing until it is re-named Push for the Whalley Out Campaign.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 13:48   #42
lew

Hi,

Just to put minds at ease, this isn't an SOS appeal, nor is it a money pot scenario. We are opening up the internal club departments for people to interact with and see just what goes on behind the scenes.

We aim to outline some principal ideas on just how we are aiming to galvenise the town and it's surrounding areas as well as showing our supporters that we are very positive about our future and indeed showing you the fans how we can help you save money for the remainder of the season.

We are opening the doors so to speak so you can see what we do, as well as have a chance to meet and talk to the management team, players and staff. As Jimmy Bell mentioned in the Press Conference this morning "there are 101 ways to support your club".

As it is a forum, we are encouraging your ideas to help us move forward for this season and next so please come down to see us. You might just be surprised.

We are extremely busy preparing so I would encourage any ideas to be shared at the forum. (which opens it's doors at 6pm with the forum beginning a little later to allow people to arrive from work.)
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 13:50   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I also think that the begging bowls will be out for this Push for the Play Off Campaign. Probably should be re-named Push for the Pay the Bills Campaign, or Push for the Keep out Ilyas Khan Campaign. I, personally, and I suspect the majority of supporters will not be contributing until it is re-named Push for the Whalley Out Campaign.
You aswell jeff I was thinking I was being too suspicious for my own good WOC has new members lol. Are u going tonight ?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-01-2011, 14:00   #44
God Member

Thanks lew for expansion on details, would of been handy to have that part of the storyline on fishy site - would of eased the Stanley fans mind as to agenda. Tho the things you wish to aim to get ideas has already been voiced particularly on here and thro other means, so means another re-iteration of same ideas for improvement raked over again. Tho a good example of Stanley positivity within town and community is shown thro our community team atm, matt and fearo watching them grow independantly is great promise and praise. Thanks for clarifying things for us Lew

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-01-2011, 14:16   #45
God Member

Deleted for cyniscism reasons

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..