Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2011, 22:22   #76

Re: Open Forum Event

kick out dead wood borad then have a meeting. see 500, try to get into club bar then.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2011, 22:35   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
kick out dead wood borad then have a meeting. see 500, try to get into club bar then.
Spot on mate sure would be many more then.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:34   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As far as I understand ( and I'm sure one of them will correct me if I'm wrong ), their remit is to get involved with the youth of the community.

With regards to the rest of the community I know John and Jimmy said the players were available to take on some of the work, but who is organising that ?
When the community side was an FITC then its focus was purely the youth of the community and involving them in football activities, however they are no longer just an FITC, they are now a Community Trust which is something entirely different! The remit now is to create and run sustainable projects that wil benefit the community. This can pretty much be anything, ranging from multi skills sesions with kids, to gardening for the elderly!! Over the space of the coming months the ASCT will be starting new projects on a regular basis specifically aimed at meeting the needs of the community as a whole.

Keep your eyes open on the fishy site for more ASCT information about events and schemes in the local area.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 08:03   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
When the community side was an FITC then its focus was purely the youth of the community and involving them in football activities, however they are no longer just an FITC, they are now a Community Trust which is something entirely different! The remit now is to create and run sustainable projects that wil benefit the community. This can pretty much be anything, ranging from multi skills sesions with kids, to gardening for the elderly!! Over the space of the coming months the ASCT will be starting new projects on a regular basis specifically aimed at meeting the needs of the community as a whole.

Keep your eyes open on the fishy site for more ASCT information about events and schemes in the local area.
I did say somebody would correct me if wrong

Gardening for the elderly ? Does that mean they will come and sort mine out ?
Old 20-01-2011, 08:59   #80

OOOOO! That was a big step Dave - admitting to being old!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 09:03   #81

Hopefully there is a little light on the horizon as we saw on Tuesday night from the windows of the new control tower.

Rob Heys did confirm that the next phase of the 'capacity plan' would begin on the 3rd February.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 09:21   #82
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Hopefully there is a little light on the horizon as we saw on Tuesday night from the windows of the new control tower.

Rob Heys did confirm that the next phase of the 'capacity plan' would begin on the 3rd February.
The 'capacity plan' should have been completed by 31st December 2010
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 09:42   #83
God Member

Quote:
OOOOO! That was a big step Dave - admitting to being old!

You could at least have called me a liar
Old 20-01-2011, 10:34   #84
God Member

After the meeting my opinion and mind remains unchanged! Had to bite my lip several times and my faith in John and jimmy stopped me walking out I do have respect for them and the playing team. Nothing is much different and unrealistic on some ideas they had. Don't think John and jimmy knew the real scale of the SOS after effects that plague today. Basically sense that gate increasing was important but the underlying issues as to why they decreased (nowt to do with playing team stuff or JC and jb ) which was duly brushed under the carpet quickly!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 10:42   #85
God Member

Quote:

Good news - unless of course we have any more 'bad weather' between now & then, after all there was quite a heavy frost this morning
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 11:06   #86
God Member

Smile Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is utter crap as far as i'm concerned, Those who do know are saying sod all n treating people like imbeciles.
I see you are back Cashy!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 11:10   #87
Senior Member+

I think that people working at the club have got a massive job on their hands to 'sell' this scheme to the public, especially in light of all the background issues [ownership, Ilyas, Whalley, etc]. I understand that they have to keep on trying, but I feel that the public/fans have been so badly treated in recent years that it'll take more than yet another dose of rhetoric to yield positive results.

I won't harp on again about my reasons for staying away, but I know that I'm not the only one who feels the same as me [Bagpuss & Shurm have already stated their feelings].

The danger is, the longer this whole debacle continues, the less chance there is of existing 'stay-away' fans coming back to the club when things are eventually resolved. Being honest, even though I intended to stay-away from games this season, initially I found it very hard and went on 3 games earlier in the season [33 years of habit is hard to break]. However, over time it's become easier to stay away and now I'm actually doing things on matchdays that I prefer over football. I couldn't imagine saying that in the past.

The longer this situation continues the more damaging it is to the club as a whole. I'd be very surprised if this latest initiative is any more successful than previous ones, but I hope I'm wrong. I don't blame anyone for trying, but the longer term solution won't be found in these schemes, however well intentioned.

I'll crawl back under my rock now.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:19   #88
God Member

Quite true TM and they don't realise that the damage done is getting bigger, especially when die hard fans are slowly fading away from the crown, myself included going last nite was painful and im concluding to fade away too can't simply take anymore crap IMHO.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2011, 11:25   #89
God Member

Did anyone feel happy to have their question fully answered particularly from rob, being only off field rep there on the panel ? Found it weird to have JC answer off field points lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2011, 12:56   #90
Member.

OK. Although I'm distant from much of what goes on off pitch and I don't have sufficient contact within Accrington to hear the gossip it still troubles me to ear this level of continual discontent, more so to hear dedicated fans staying away.

Rather than pointing a finger and crying out for understanding I thought I ask a couple of questions mainly for the club.

It's the 20 January and already the club has had its first CCJ of the year. Why do we continue to go the expense of court before paying bills off. cheaper to pay them before the CCJ occurs.

Where is Ilyas. Why is there no communication and reassurance from him that the fight goes on and hope is alive. I know that sounds dramatic, but with so much being said in public before its hard not to miss the fact that there's so much silence now. I don't always agree with what is said, but I do respect him for his actions and have hoped that a permanent solution is found for the future of the club and a prominent role for Ilyas in it.

It's time to work together or we all suffer.

And on. Last night we had the forum with around fifty bums on seats; What about the other 2000 or so of the Stanley Family world wide. Would it not have been prudent of the club to video the meeting or at least have something on PowerPoint to share with the rest of us. I know it's about getting out into the community, but there is an extended community beyond the township and we can have an impact if we are included.

I know peoples opinions on here and on face book, apart from that we know sod all.

What I'd like to see is a multi disciplinary working group focusing on the problems at the club. Not to dictate, but to work out how to move everybody forward and benefit the club and the town. It's been said before and its so easy to do, most of it is listening and that pursuing positive outcomes for the club and community.

It should include: Supporters pro and against. The Club. Business. Council. Interested Community Groups. Police all working together in the open.

The odd forum and tatty press release will never do it. It needs working at, long term and openly.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 20-01-2011 at 12:59.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..