Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2011, 20:25   #121
bdc

Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not sure what you mean by laoded questions ? Until one issue is resolved either way then the questions will always be the same no matter how many forums they arrange. Unfortunatley until somebody comes out and says something else, then the answers willl always be the same too
It seemed to me that a few questions being asked were to try and get something more out of Rob Heys to see if he has better ideas than just general ones such as putting signs out and about. Ie, putting flesh on the bones of it. I think the way they were worded was to try and make RH looks daft and to show that probably doesn't actually have a concrete strategy to back up the "Back the Boys" campaign.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2011, 20:35   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
It seemed to me that a few questions being asked were to try and get something more out of Rob Heys to see if he has better ideas than just general ones such as putting signs out and about. Ie, putting flesh on the bones of it. I think the way they were worded was to try and make RH looks daft and to show that probably doesn't actually have a concrete strategy to back up the "Back the Boys" campaign.

I guess it depends what people thought the forum was being held for, an ideas forum or a strategy forum. I thought from the advertising blurb as a campaign it was a planned intiative and therefore assumed the flesh was on the bones and the strategy was concrete.
Old 24-01-2011, 16:43   #123
Senior Member+

Unfortunately, those of us not on Facebook cannot contribute to the "101 Ways". I was rather amused by the third suggestion from Accrington Stanley : "Come to a game". I did that on Saturday, only to find that the club could not offer a game for me to watch. Yet another wasted round trip of over 400 miles.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 17:26   #124
God Member

Quote:
I wasn't at the forum but I don't see what the problem is with putting questions to a Chief Executive, especially if he finds them difficult. The question I'd like answered by someone who was there is - did the club management convince you that they have a realistic and achievable strategy?
If the answer is no, then Mr Heys would every right to look daft.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 23:00   #125
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I wasn't at the forum but I don't see what the problem is with putting questions to a Chief Executive, especially if he finds them difficult. The question I'd like answered by someone who was there is - did the club management convince you that they have a realistic and achievable strategy?
I don't have a problem with people asking fair questions of our Chief Exec as I thought his answers to the strategy were very general and wooly, things that any of us could've come up with. This is what concerns me about the campaign, its all well and good coming up with ideas it's the implementation that will define it. I think that the questions asked were good but were asked to prove a point hence why I was saying loaded questions.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 06:21   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
There is the press conference launch here Accrington Stanley | Facebook in audio in three parts.

What I would like to see is more ideas from the Club that involves them all, involving the fans is one thing in collecting ideas but the Club need to take the lead and come come up with the iniatives.

In the local Friday paper last week the Clarets had a two page spread entitled "Ready Eddie Go" which was basically local business's supporting the appointment of Eddie Howe as Burnley Manager.

That's the sort of thing that works as it shows cohesion between the Club & the local Business Community.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 12:38   #127
God Member

Quote:
I don't have a problem with people asking fair questions of our Chief Exec
Sorry, BDC, if it came across that way, but I wasn't implying you had a problem.

As for Stanley and the local business community, how many barge-pole manufacturers are there in Accrington?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 16:34   #128
God Member

Google Page Ranking, sorry mate but dream on! Our club has shot itself in the foot on more than one occasion as far as local business is concerned. If they, or anyone else thinks that local businesses are going to jump at the chance of getting involved then they are delusional. Change at the top has to come first, then and only then can the club start to move forward.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 16:46   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Google Page Ranking, sorry mate but dream on! Our club has shot itself in the foot on more than one occasion as far as local business is concerned. If they, or anyone else thinks that local businesses are going to jump at the chance of getting involved then they are delusional. Change at the top has to come first, then and only then can the club start to move forward.
Exactly !!!

Our club at the moment is doing the exact opposite to bfc and other top flight clubs as with burnley ( I have researched ) the club cannot exist without it's town and it's town cannot survive without it's club, if the club struggles as does it's town if the club is on the up the town benefits ( employment, economics and general wellbeing of the town is up - win=win situation - hence why it does play an important role, Brendan flood works on that forefront. We knew 48 yrs ago and given chance again not learning!! That's what's the problem.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 17:09   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Pete sorry if I didn't explain myself the point I was trying to make is the Club has to be proactive they have to be out there on the knocker. in peoples faces telling the Business's & community we do exsist and what can we actively do to encourage them to become involved.

Looking to put things right and not asking what you can do for your Club but what can your Club do for you!

Hope that clears my point up?

SFFS
Old 25-01-2011, 17:47   #131
God Member

Neil, I did understand your point, sorry if my reply seemed to say otherwise!

It is all well and good should the club actually become proactive, however my point still stands. Whilst Whalley, and to some extent O'Neil (SOS campaign cock up, lies etc) remain at Stanley, then no local businessman/woman in their right mind would touch us with the preverbial bargepole.

It is true to say that some change has occured at the club, you only have to look at what Lew has done with the shop, and what the Community team has achieved, however I am hard pressed to come up with any others.

Unless and untill changes are made at the top of the pile, then Im afarid that all the good ideas and objectives will amount to nothing more than false promises.............not because the instigators are paying lipservice, but because those above them, the people that pull the strings will, by the very nature of still being at the club, put off/hinder any local businesses looking to get invloved. Whether that involvement is financial or otherwise.............the old saying applies, 'Once bitten, Twice shy'

When you sit down and think about it, that really is a sad state of affairs................in laymans terms, the club is NOT trusted, and neither Whalley or O'Neil have done anything to improve that situation.

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 25-01-2011, 17:48   #132
God Member

But you mention whalley or find out whalley still is the owner - many businesses won't be interested. Trouble is mud sticks and still opinion that people won't come back to the club so still not ridding the problem that's why ownership is a big deal

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 25-01-2011, 17:50   #133
God Member

Same minds think alike UK lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 25-01-2011, 17:52   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Same minds think alike UK lol
LOL, yes, and trust you to say it in less bloomin words than me

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 25-01-2011, 18:19   #135
God Member

I take onboard and know the points of the ownership issues and like a one legged duck it keeps going around and around.

Can we as fans influence what goes on at the top?

Is there a way for us as fans to emphasise and support those points?

At the end of the day for me at the moment it's about the team on the pitch and I don't want to lose sight of that, that is something we can all influence and do something about by supporting them that surely is the common ground for us all?

SFFS

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..