Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05   #46
God Member

Re: Orient

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Orient match day announcer unpaid and club photography not been paid since October, lofc staff are having too pay the match day officials, could we become the final club to play against them
surely something could be done by the sweet fa on a short term basis till the end of the season. not exactly a cash strapped organisation then something could be done over the summer. is the owner breaking any laws of the land by doing what he,s doing, if so prosecute him. don,t know anything about company law but i,m sure someone on here has a better insight than i do. interested to read any replies.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2017, 09:27   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
surely something could be done by the sweet fa on a short term basis till the end of the season. not exactly a cash strapped organisation then something could be done over the summer. is the owner breaking any laws of the land by doing what he,s doing, if so prosecute him. don,t know anything about company law but i,m sure someone on here has a better insight than i do. interested to read any replies.
He isn't breaking any laws with what he's doing, all he's doing is not paying bills, he paid players wages hence why the FA and PFA are staying out of it
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:57   #48
God Member

i might be wrong but if you don,t pay your own bills can,t you be taken to the high court and your assets taken off you to pay them. seems to work on the tele for call in the bailiffs or am i being a bit nieve.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:25   #49
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i might be wrong but if you don,t pay your own bills can,t you be taken to the high court and your assets taken off you to pay them. seems to work on the tele for call in the bailiffs or am i being a bit nieve.
That is one option for the creditors but in this case they decided too go down the winding up route, this has frozen all bank accounts and assets which will stop the club been sold until the bill is paid off
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-03-2017, 15:26   #50
I am Banned

Orients programme Tomorow has been cut down from 68 pages to just 24 pages due to the unpaid bill
Old 11-03-2017, 19:58   #51
I am Banned

No sky sports in any stands today, rumours they havnt paid the electric bill either
Old 12-03-2017, 08:43   #52
God Member

we thought things were bad at morecambe but surely this is another low in football.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 14-03-2017, 08:52   #53

Monkey Hanger - been thinking about this. Why doesn't the FA have some rules on funding and also, along the lines of your comment, have an emergency fund in case clubs fall into difficulty.
Obviously this means clubs/fans will end up paying into this fund but if it acts as a safety net for all then it's probably worth it.
This means, say, a club will have to work within some guidelines on overall investment and debt. Different guidelines as you move up the divisions. If the guidelines are exceeded the club is relegated. If the club needs to call on the emergency fund they are relegated two divisions.

Fans would no doubt me annoyed at relegation but it's better than going bust and it also could level the playing field a bit.

Probably this is just financial fair play rehashed, or things much discussed before and maybe it's just not possible to implement something like this?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 10:18   #54
God Member

More something for the EFL than the FA. The FA is concerned with the administration and laws of the game at all levels, but it's the League that should be putting its house in order as regards 'fit and proper' ownership, etc.
Only problem is that the EFL represents 82 competing businesses who don't really mind if their competitors sink or swim. Below those 82 are another hundred or so clubs who'd happily take their place.
Only the fans cling to (sentimental) notions of fairness and loyalty. Twas ever and, I fear, will be thus.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 11:19   #55
God Member

Only the fans cling to (sentimental) notions of fairness and loyalty. Twas ever and, I fear, will be thus.[/QUOTE]

without fans to attend games football would be dead in the water. t.v. companies might disagree but the game would really have a luckwarm feeling about it. try a non league game where there,s about 100 there and you,d see what i,m getting at. the thing with leyton orient is that its a friedly type of club, if stevenage or crawley were in this mess i think we might have a lttle smirk on our faces.
Old 14-03-2017, 14:28   #56

fans are generally happy when a new owner comes in and gives them some dosh.
The owner is actually putting money in instead of fans to HELP buy success.
When it goes wrong (and the owner is a crook, or just an inept businessman) in a bizarre way the fans do then have a responsibility to raise money to rescue the club - since they enjoyed the good times and if they don't their club will go under.

Since this could happen to any club it would almost be a good idea that each fan pays, say, a 10p levy on each ticket that goes into a big rescue pot. Can't be bothered working it out but I bet across the leagues that's a large enough amount to bail out the occasional club that hits the ropes. Like a big insurance policy.

Would that make an owner abdicate their responsibilities? Maybe there's ways and means to apply it?

Would it be possible to apply the levy? To collect the money from the gate receipts? (maybe it's only done on season tickets and electronic sales)

Beats having to rattle collection buckets though.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 22:51   #57
I am Banned

Orient unpaid still the club says it still needs afew more days, players threatening to strike
Old 06-04-2017, 04:52   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Orient unpaid still the club says it still needs afew more days, players threatening to strike
..Think they already were on March 14....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:50   #59
God Member

What good would going on strike do them, if the money's not there it's not there for goodness,sake.
I know it must be really hard for them, they've got families to look after & bills to pay etc but they're not the first club to be in such difficulties - I don't remember our lads talking about striking when we were in the same position or Morecambe for that matter.
And what if they did go on strike, would the opposition automatically be handed the points or would their fixtures be postponed?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:31   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
What good would going on strike do them, if the money's not there it's not there for goodness,sake.
I know it must be really hard for them, they've got families to look after & bills to pay etc but they're not the first club to be in such difficulties - I don't remember our lads talking about striking when we were in the same position or Morecambe for that matter.
And what if they did go on strike, would the opposition automatically be handed the points or would their fixtures be postponed?
If they went on strike the club would be fined hurting the owner abit more, not sure on the exact answer but I believe the game would be postponed and played at a later date, if they strike they can be fined and sacked, but on final score other day it was mentioned that when the club are relagated most of the players will be released anyway so really they would just be starting their hols early

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..