Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2017, 08:09   #61
God Member

Re: Orient

The problem with Orient is the money IS there, but the owner has sewn up his pockets
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:13   #62
I am Banned

The owner promised the courts 1 million would be spent on the club to save it from winding up, if he can't pay the wages maybe the guy living in the 22 million pound mansion can't afford to pay the debt, I believe the next court date is 23rd June where they could be wound up
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:27   #63
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1191669]What good would going on strike do them, if the money's not there it's not there for goodness,sake.
if they are not getting paid i,d support em on a strike action. if we didn,t get paid in our jobs i,d be on my way quickly or striking if we had a ballot. as someone else pointed out, the money,s there it,s just not being used.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:40   #64
God Member

I can understand them feeling like going on strike but, in reality, how would that affect the other teams in the league if for instance their strike goes on to the end of the season & they can't complete their fixtures?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:02   #65
God Member

It would be Sod's law if all the O's results are made null and void and Stanley lose 4+ on their GD!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:24   #66
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It would be Sod's law if all the O's results are made null and void and Stanley lose 4+ on their GD!
That would only happen if the club was wound up, failure to field a team would result in game postponement and be played at a later date
Old 07-04-2017, 11:47   #67
God Member

I realise that, but AccyMad was raising a thought about what would happen if the strike carried on beyond 6th May.
The season couldn't then end, the play-offs couldn't take place until Orient rearranged and played six games. If Orient are mathematically doomed by 6 May, and the next winding-up hearing is in June, who's to say the players could be made to finish their outstanding fixtures? Just a mess.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:30   #68
I am Banned

Quote:
I realise that, but AccyMad was raising a thought about what would happen if the strike carried on beyond 6th May.
The season couldn't then end, the play-offs couldn't take place until Orient rearranged and played six games. If Orient are mathematically doomed by 6 May, and the next winding-up hearing is in June, who's to say the players could be made to finish their outstanding fixtures? Just a mess.
The FA would force them to play if they still refuse 3 points would be handed to the teams they should of played
Old 07-04-2017, 20:01   #69
God Member

Interesting stat on the BBC Sports web site that, in the last financial year, Pompey paid the most money to agents of any League 2 club (£175K) but the second highest, at £83K, was....Leyton Orient.
This was ten times what Stanley paid, apparently.
Old 07-04-2017, 20:08   #70
I am Banned

Quote:
Interesting stat on the BBC Sports web site that, in the last financial year, Pompey paid the most money to agents of any League 2 club (£175K) but the second highest, at £83K, was....Leyton Orient.
This was ten times what Stanley paid, apparently.
http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefaco...lish-2017.ashx

All figures there
Old 08-04-2017, 06:41   #71
Full Member+

wonder which players were involved with that fee, asfc don't usually do agent fees do they
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:43   #72
I am Banned

Leyton Orient's team selection against Cambridge United is likely to feature a minimum of first team regulars (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

All of orients first team out injured
Old 08-04-2017, 08:26   #73
God Member

All of orients first team out injured[/QUOTE]

if people believe that well there,s no hope for the human race.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:59   #74
God Member

Who knows, maybe the youngsters of Orient will be up for taking their chance of first team football, do us a favour & beat Cambridge
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:08   #75
I am Banned

The PFA has told Orient players if they are not paid by Friday then they have every right to leave the club due to breach of contract
baldy and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..