Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2017, 18:47   #16

Re: Orient match thread

Overreaction creeping in here, in my opinion.
The Stanley decision has some sense to it - we are not a rich club. however I do tend to agree, based on this discussion, that we should accommodate their collections in some way.

People running organisations have to make decisions all the time, they don't always get them right at first. Generally in situations like this sense prevails, compromise is reached etc etc. give it time to see what happens.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2017, 18:49   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just been reading the Orient fans forum, if what they're saying is true I can't believe we've refused them permission to have a bucket collection - I know DB wasn't around when we were in a similar position but you think he'd have done his homework on how many clubs helped us out in a similar way & be only too glad to help out. What goes around comes around & all that . . . . .
At the end of the day it's up to each individual person if they want to contribute & we shouldn't be subjected to a blanket ban imposed by DB or anyone else
People like that Tory Burgess i have wiped better off the bottom of my shoe.
Old 13-03-2017, 18:55   #18
I am Banned

Decision has been reversed they are now allowed to collect, guess mr holt caught wind of it and bollocked burgess
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 18:57   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
The Stanley decision has some sense to it - we are not a rich club. however I do tend to agree, based on this discussion, that we should accommodate their collections in some way.

People running organisations have to make decisions all the time, they don't always get them right at first. Generally in situations like this sense prevails, compromise is reached etc etc. give it time to see what happens.
Being a rich or poor club has hee haw to do with it. For those who don't remember, this was what it was like in our hour of need http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ion-49215.html

That is what real football is about not people like Burgess. Thank god he wasn't running the SoS campaign back then!

It's not as if they are asking for the money from the club is it?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 18:57   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just read Independent Orient forum, Burgess has just rang and reversed the decision, now the Orient Lads can collect. hope the slimeball apologized.
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:01   #21
God Member

Quote:

You're right, we are not a rich club but I don't see what that has to do with anything?
Orient aren't asking the club to contribute to their cause, just permission to ask our fans to help out a little if they want to & that decision should be each person's - it should not be the club deciding for us!
Give it time you say? There isn't much time for the club to do a u-turn with the game being tomorrow night - I really hope they change their mind but even if they don't I wish the Orient fans the best of luck & if I see any of them with even a hint of a bucket I'll be putting my little bit in whether DB likes it or not
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:01   #22
I am Banned

Dan Jewell donating his match fee to Orient
Old 13-03-2017, 19:03   #23
God Member

Dan for CEO
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:04   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Dan Jewell donating his match fee to Orient
FANtastic gesture - nothing less than expected from one who knows.....

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:05   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

Dont make excuses for that piece of crap LordD. If that clown has no idea of what we went through, then he shouldn't be anywhere near Stanley as far as i'm concerned.
Kiwi John likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 13-03-2017 at 19:10.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:09   #26

From DB twitter he's changed his mind and is getting in contact with the bucket collectors quite few people must of messaged him
Old 13-03-2017, 19:11   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
From DB twitter he's changed his mind and is getting in contact with the bucket collectors quite few people must of messaged him
we know mate someone in the gods has hit him i reckon?
Old 13-03-2017, 19:12   #28
I am Banned

DB getting more buckets for them, hmm somebody's walking about with tail between there legs
Old 13-03-2017, 19:14   #29

Glad about the change of heart. Treat others as you would wish to be treated. I was going to make a special trip to the Crown to donate to the collection.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:19   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Being a rich or poor club has hee haw to do with it. For those who don't remember, this was what it was like in our hour of need http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ion-49215.html

That is what real football is about not people like Burgess. Thank god he wasn't running the SoS campaign back then!

It's not as if they are asking for the money from the club is it?
How much of the SOS campaign money went to pay the tax bill do you think then?
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..