Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2017, 03:07   #46
God Member

Re: Orient match thread

Got home,started reading this thread and was appalled at the clubs stance. However, as it evolved, the decision was reversed and common sense has won out. Good luck with the bucket collection and your footballing future Orient, but not no luck on the field please.
cashman likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2017, 07:16   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
What's the latest on this Portuguese lad from tadcaster?
Still not got clearance as far as we know, probably cos its not premiership.
Old 14-03-2017, 08:22   #48
I am Banned

Don't see why we need clearance for him, last club he played at was in england
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 08:46   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
He should have done this, he should have done that... well actually what has happened is that Stanley has now been shown to have very caring fans and a management that listens to them. Plus, Orient have more publicity for their campaign as a result and more likelihood of a better collection tomorrow.

Maybe this can be filed under "storm in a tea cup"?
Although this has all worked out ok in the end, thank goodness & I don't want to drag it out further than it has been but the point is that there shouldn't have been any question in the first place that the collection could go ahead & yes, someone up above listened to the fans & got it sorted but I worry that the original decision to deny Orient this just shows that some of our new regime just don't get it, they don't get what Stanley or the footballing community is all about. Just my opinion & I'll shut up about it now.
Good luck to Orient with their collection tonight & on-going situation but obviously not gonna wish them luck ON the pitch, at least not tonight
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 09:06   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Although this has all worked out ok in the end, thank goodness & I don't want to drag it out further than it has been but the point is that there shouldn't have been any question in the first place that the collection could go ahead & yes, someone up above listened to the fans & got it sorted but I worry that the original decision to deny Orient this just shows that some of our new regime just don't get it, they don't get what Stanley or the footballing community is all about. Just my opinion & I'll shut up about it now.
Good luck to Orient with their collection tonight & on-going situation but obviously not gonna wish them luck ON the pitch, at least not tonight
Great post Di,sums things up perfectly. yer far more diplomatic than me, but were both singing from the same Hymn Sheet.
yonmon likes this.
Old 14-03-2017, 10:36   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
suppose health and safety was to blame at the outset. wrong colour buckets. buckets could be used as weapons of mass destruction and orient fans refusing to wear high vis jackets in their quest for survival. next thing the council will get involved as they haven,t a licence to collect within 50 yards of council owned land.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 13:44   #52

thinking about this some more, and the thought processes that might have been involved.... if I was the recently appointed head of a charity that had organised a 5K race and someone from another charity wanted to come and collect I would no doubt have an inclination to say no.

If someone pointed out to me that my charity had benefited from others in the past I would no doubt change my mind.

I would hope that me not grasping the context initially wouldn't instantly disqualify me (in some people's eyes) from running the charity, nor would my political views (providing they don't interfere) or background - and that I'd get some slack and support from within my charity?

Obviously this is conditional on generally doing a good job.

Maybe I'm being too forgiving, or being overly analytical, but that's how I see it.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 17:34   #53
Senior Member+

Come on STANLEY.
It's an important 'SIX Pointer' tonight.
A win and three points will help us to pull away from the relegation zone.
Let's hope for a good turnout from the Stanley Faithful and that they are all in good voice.
ON STANLEY ON
WITH JIMMY AND JOHN
AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 17:55   #54

The Don is ill and Clare injured.
Therefore the team picks itself tonight.
Old 14-03-2017, 17:57   #55

Team

ASFC: Rodak, Rodgers, Beckles, Hughes, Pearson, Clark, Conneely, Brown, McConville, McCartan, Kee

ASFC subs: Gornell, Boco, Husin, Hewitt, Shaw, Chapman, Edwards
Old 14-03-2017, 19:30   #56

Kee header from a corner 1-0 sounds like a good game end to end
Old 14-03-2017, 19:38   #57

It's men v boys.

What a great performance...so far.
Old 14-03-2017, 19:39   #58
I am Banned

Must say I'm starting too like golden boy abit
AccyMad likes this.
Old 14-03-2017, 19:56   #59
I am Banned

2-0 Matty p from a Sean free kick
Old 14-03-2017, 19:59   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Must say I'm starting too like golden boy abit
Get this post framed!! . .
Or moved to Impossible headlines'
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..