Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2017, 09:12   #91

Re: Orient match thread

Monkey Hanger and inspector - I agree too. I started to feel a bit nervous for a while.

Had a look through the Orient forum and I do feel very sorry for them. Seems their team is just a bunch of kids out of their depth that can't defend set pieces. Someone even posted at half time "we will concede another from a set piece within the next 10 mins. We always do".

The second Sean goal must have been a massive kick in the nuts though.

Some idiot called "ASFC Nick" on their forum winding them up and being a classless arse on our behalf. There's a time and place for everything and it's not now.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2017, 10:15   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
'excellent game, but just one gripe, we seemed to relax too much in a 20 min. spell after our second goal and did nothing. if they,d had scored then it could really have been a different game.'

I thought this too. We picked up after Coley mad his subs. I thought Edwards should have been on 10 mins sooner.

Disagree with Coley assessment of game. Thought we were better in first half than second. Switched off a bit in third quarter and could easily have let a better/more experienced team back into the game.

Some cracking goals,skills and a big sigh of relief as we are now effectively safe.

Bit ominous when BBC described Matty P as highly rated. Is it time now to get a few of this squad signed up?

thats a good point as far as I can remember come the summer we will only have McCartan Chapman Shaw Brown & Gornell left under contract
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 10:20   #93
God Member

'

I thought this too. We picked up after Coley mad his subs. I thought Edwards should have been on 10 mins sooner.

so did i. scored the equaliser against doncaster then never gets a look in. even terry gornell got longer a couple of games ago and did nothing. would love to see edwards get more game time from now to the end of the season as at least he looks lively.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 10:45   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
[/COLOR]thats a good point as far as I can remember come the summer we will only have McCartan Chapman Shaw Brown & Gornell left under contract
I agree as we know which league we are in next season.... Matty has another year left with us though does he not? We turned down 250k from posh in the January window I hear.

Here is what I would do in coleys shoes;

Parish - release
Pearson - tie down as long as poss
Hughes - getting too show for me (borderline)
Davies - release
Beckles - keep
Clark - release if contract up
Brown - keep
Gornell - keep if coley can get him back to speed
Shay - keep
Sean - keep
Rodak - get back on loan if poss
Boco - release asap
Clare - send back to weds
Husin - need to see more of him looked ok last night
Lacey - release
Hewitt - release
Shaw - release not good enough by far
Chapman - keep as #2
Wall - release
Webb - release
Edwards - send back to hull
Sykes - release
Connelly - keep
Kee - keep
Donacien - release
Rodgers - I'd do whatever possible to keep but he will be in higher league next year
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 10:57   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Had a look through the Orient forum and I do feel very sorry for them.
Some idiot called "ASFC Nick" on their forum winding them up and being a classless arse on our behalf. There's a time and place for everything and it's not now.
Who is this moron?
We should be magnanimous in victory, not rubbing salt in an open wound.
Spent a enjoyable hour in the company of an Orient fan in the Crown after the game.
He's also one of our biggest fans & attends most of the southern fixtures actually supporting us!
These are loyal fans who are just trying to save their club, after being royally shafted by an absentee owner who's disappeared back to Italy.
We've always been regarded as a fan friendly club. Idiots like this can spoil all the goodwill we derive from our generous contributions to their fighting fund.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:19   #96
Senior Member+

is cashman's real name nick?

just wondering
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:22   #97
Senior Member+

Wow Mr Rocket
9 to keep in the whole squad - and you include Gornell............................
You've put Sykes on the release list. There were a few clubs in for him in January and the offers were turned down. Higher league clubs as well. One to hang on to for me.
Why Donacien and Clark on your release list ? Discuss.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 15-03-2017 at 11:26.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:56   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Wow Mr Rocket
9 to keep in the whole squad - and you include Gornell............................
You've put Sykes on the release list. There were a few clubs in for him in January and the offers were turned down. Higher league clubs as well. One to hang on to for me.
Why Donacien and Clark on your release list ? Discuss.
What is your source on Sykes? I heard nothing about clubs coming in for him.
Re: Donacien for me he just charges up and down and gets caught out then blames others, whilst clarky works hard I think we can get better in the summer. It's a buyers market and there will be lots of better free players in the summer I'm sure coley will be looking already
Old 15-03-2017, 12:11   #99
God Member

Isn't this verbal ejaculation about next year's squad just a little premature; what will we have to talk about in June and July?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 12:19   #100

Re Sykes
Only seen once (against Crewe) but played very well. I would suggest he's one to keep hold off.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 12:29   #101
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Lord Love Rocket;1190015] Matty has another year left with us though does he not? We turned down 250k from posh in the January window I hear.

according to fishy it looks like you are correct I had him as summer 2017
Lord Love Rocket likes this.

Last edited by accybeme; 15-03-2017 at 12:33.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 12:36   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Isn't this verbal ejaculation about next year's squad just a little premature; what will we have to talk about in June and July?
I don't think it is too early. I know for a fact that clubs are already making plans for next season and if we don't act we will be left with all the dross
Old 15-03-2017, 12:38   #103

Is 5-0 are biggest league victory margin since we returned to the football league in 2006? Last night was brilliant. So pleased for Sean mcconville after the stick he has had in the past. He has been better this season, his set piece Delivery is now worth his place in the team alone.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 12:43   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
I don't think it is too early. I know for a fact that clubs are already making plans for next season and if we don't act we will be left with all the dross
With our finances we always do its not rocket science, its what our management make from it, dont really matter what should happen, finance available dictate that fer us.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 15-03-2017, 12:47   #105

Isn't football brilliant?

There's so much I disagree with Lord Love Rocket's player assessment. How fans can have such differing views on practically everything is a wonder to behold.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..