Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2017, 17:16   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Our first league fixture is .............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
What more do the people of Accrington want? Diego Costa on a free transfer???????????
Not sure about Diego Costa, but I reckon if you offer them free Costa coffee ..... well!
Old 21-06-2017, 17:23   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not sure about Diego Costa, but I reckon if you offer them free Costa coffee ..... well!
Be cheaper to sign Diego
AccyMad and DaveinGermany like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 17:43   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
... What more do the people of Accrington want? Diego Costa on a free transfer???????????
Who?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 17:43   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Unbridled optimism indeed!
Impressive new kit!
A veritable feast of pre-season friendlies, including 2 premiership opponents, all at bargain basement prices.
What more do the people of Accrington want? Diego Costa on a free transfer???????????
I'll settle fer Jimmy Ryan.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-06-2017, 17:56   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'll settle fer Jimmy Ryan.
Me too, no contest
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 19:51   #36
I am Banned

https://dailystevenage.wordpress.com

Stevanage fans still being bitter
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 20:36   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post

Yeh but we must make allowances for half wits.
Old 22-06-2017, 15:59   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post

Actually, I think they (or rather he /she; I can't imagine the entire Satanage fan base wrote it) are being fairly amusing. Some of the other pieces are mildly amusing, and wittier than some of the usual rantings from footie forums.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 16:06   #39
God Member

couldn,t be bothered to read anymore after the piece on stanley. this hatred for a club is usually reserved for another local club not one about 200 miles away. hope they follow the likes of new brighton into oblivion.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 20:11   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
couldn,t be bothered to read anymore after the piece on stanley. this hatred for a club is usually reserved for another local club not one about 200 miles away. hope they follow the likes of new brighton into oblivion.
That's a shame MH as the Stanley feature is just one of a quite hilarious list of satirical 'spoof' footie based newspaper articles.
I read quite a few of the journalistic inspired stories & the cruellest satire is reserved for Stevenage Boro itself.
Accrington's name crops up in other stories which were laugh-out-loud funny.
If you give it out, you've got to be prepared to take it.
Our forum has been dishing the bile against 'Satanage' for years, so perhaps it's only fair to be on the receiving end.
At the end of the day it's just a bit of banter
'Sticks & stones' etc.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 20:37   #41
God Member

We never hated Stevenage historically, but the nasty stuff that came our way, whence it became apparent we were Champions elect in 2006, ensured that quickly joined the Barrovians at the top of the stink pile.

Council House/Ground troglodytes, shandy drinking Frenchmen (south of Chorley) the lot of them. Even the women. And their pets.
Old 23-06-2017, 22:31   #42

To be honest that was actually quite funny in the context of the whole site.

As I've said before the animosity was because they were refused entry to the league with a ground far better than we had and we got far more leeway than we deserved in comparison. It is still only a few of their bams that feel it in the same way as it's a small percentage of ours. In general most don't care and it's a decent trip down there.

Plus given the choice, without the football, I'd rather live there than accy having spent time in both if you exclude the football
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 11:36   #43
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We never hated Stevenage historically, but the nasty stuff that came our way, whence it became apparent we were Champions elect in 2006, ensured that quickly joined the Barrovians at the top of the stink pile.

Council House/Ground troglodytes, shandy drinking Frenchmen (south of Chorley) the lot of them. Even the women. And their pets.
Chorley used to get abuse for being Southern Tw*** about 27 years ago from stanley fans as our main rivals at the time.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 12:11   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Chorley used to get abuse for being Southern Tw*** about 27 years ago from stanley fans as our main rivals at the time.
at least they are fairly local. having a main rival 200 miles away in towns most fans have never been too is beyond me no matter what happened in the past which fans had no power to do anything about. going back to the play offs stevenage players for me were no worse than afc wimbledon and they seem to have got off scot free from us.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..