Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2019, 10:05   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Our neighbours..........

Even Stanley’s model is somewhat due to Andy Holt personal finances and the fortune of cup runs; another season like last season with no cup runs will not help matters.
While Andy hasn’t budgeted on a cup run or a sizeable player transfer; it’s clear they are the reason he has been able to pay for the majority of ground improvements.

Let’s hope by May 2020 we are safe in league 1, have a player or 2 moving on for a 7 figure sums and have got through to the 5th round of the FA cup and possibly had a tv appearance on the back of it.

Andy Holt deserves credit for spending any ‘bonus’ (aka player sales/cup and tv revenue) on long term infrastructure rather than short term signings and wages; he has made the clubs long term interest and sustainability his priority.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2019, 10:49   #122
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer S Unfortunately, it doesn’t just apply to football clubs but to all types of ‘business’, where the law seems allow crooks and conmen to run up massive debts, fold the company, and set up a new one the next day with virtually the same name and no sanctions.

really true that exile and is fact. know a vehicle repair garage in batley who just did that a few years ago. the fat con man owner told us exactly that the friday before it happened telling us his new address and phone number.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 12:31   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I was saying as much the other day, I doubt we'd have got too much if any leeway in 2009 either
After what allegedly occurred in 2008, surprised we would be expecting any favours. We were hardly on the EFL and FA’s Christmas card list in 2009.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 14:41   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
After what allegedly occurred in 2008, surprised we would be expecting any favours. We were hardly on the EFL and FA’s Christmas card list in 2009.
I wasn't saying we should have expected any favours, neither should any club, but Bury & Bolton seem to have had more leniency (so far anyway)
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 14:44   #125
God Member

Bury deal collapsed looks like it's over for them I,m afraid.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 15:18   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Bury deal collapsed looks like it's over for them I,m afraid.
What a surprise!
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 15:37   #127
Full Member+

Looked liek publicity seeking to me as stated ealier in the thread. No one would buy Bury if they weren't a fan in their current state.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 16:06   #128
God Member

It would need more than a fan. It would need a very, very rich fan who doesn’t mind spend several millions of his/her pounds, with no prospect of any return, taking on a risky mortgage, and doesn’t care to think too hard about such things.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 16:38   #129
Senior Member+

There were a few options and offers floating around.
One local businessman who openly admitted he know nothing about football etc was prepared to chuck £750k at it for the sake of the community.
This lunatic / current owner has delusions over value but I have to say I’m shocked the Campbell bid has failed.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 16:55   #130
God Member

Unfortunately I'm not shocked they've pulled out, the timing of the bid seemed very odd - almost as if Dale was just running the clock down
Old 27-08-2019, 17:54   #131
Senior Member+

Joseph Cala who claimed he purchased Morecambe but failed a fit and proper person test (think he tried to buy Portsmouth as well, he also took a Italian club to the cleaners ) is now trying to do a deal with Dale.

Dale just confirms today he has turned down 2 offers from Cala but they are close to agreeing a 3rd offer if Cala pays him what he’s due.

Selling it to Cala could be the ultimate insult
Old 27-08-2019, 17:55   #132
Senior Member+

The EFL needs to do the right thing, stick to its deadlines and allow both these clubs to fold so the fans can begin the process of setting up Phoenix fan owned clubs.
Old 27-08-2019, 17:56   #133
Senior Member+

Pay him what he’s due ?
Would that be £1 ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 18:17   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Joseph Cala who claimed he purchased Morecambe but failed a fit and proper person test (think he tried to buy Portsmouth as well, he also took a Italian club to the cleaners ) is now trying to do a deal with Dale.

Dale just confirms today he has turned down 2 offers from Cala but they are close to agreeing a 3rd offer if Cala pays him what he’s due.

Selling it to Cala could be the ultimate insult
If I was a Bury fan I think i’d prefer expulsion rather than another owner like this one.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 18:19   #135
God Member

Cala is the one responsible for Gateshead being refused their licence to play in the National League last season, there's no way the EFL can possibly allow him to buy another club surely??
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..