Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2005, 16:15   #1

Unhappy Our Strikers

Does anyone else feel that we are severely lacking in firepower up front?
I mean we have always had a ferocious striker running for every ball and chasing defenders down (for example Lutel & Evil) to counteract with Paul Mullin's finishing and 'being in the right place at the right time' abilities.
However since losing McEvilly, it seems we are lacking in this ferociousness up front, for example David Brown is a pacey striker with good finishing qualities, yet he seems to duck out of headers and not pose so much of a threat towards opposing defenses.

Anyone got Roscoe D'Sane's number?! haha
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2005, 19:49   #2

Re: Our Strikers

I know what your saying especially when mullin went off injuried the other day but the young lad wearing smithys 15 shirt looked handy does anyone know who it is??
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 10:03   #3
Senior Member+

He's called Ben Lloyd (David Lloyd's son) strong lad but he's not good enough for Conference level didnt play well at all against Radcliffe or Runcorn we need an experienced and proven striker at this level not a young and un-experienced striker....

He played well against Burnley when he came on, yes, but he wont be good enough for us
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 11:02   #4

Hey smiffy you should know they have to start somewhere. You rate Robbie but not that long ago I wouldnt have give him a chance either you know what I mean mate I thought he looked like he had something about him and strikers need that. It would be good to see him play again against someone more like our opposition if you know what I mean!!
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 13:27   #5

I saw that we Have Karl Noon as a trialist,
this kid is definatley worth a look. Ex Liverpool Academy player, quick and great in the air,
Can run all day work rate is excellent, Give this kid support and service from the midfield
He'll score goals and frighten alot of defenders.
Tosh0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 13:29   #6
Senior Member+

Have we seen this Karl Noon play in any friendly's ????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 13:54   #7

He got a first half run out against Burnley , did well but I think its hard for trialists,
they've got such a short time to impress, hardened fans want the finnished article
give this kid time to gel .
Old 24-07-2005, 14:10   #8

If you want any more information on him just run him through your search engine
He's just played in an FA representative side in France also Liverpools Academy
Player of the year, placed third but apparently they have not kept him on.
Old 24-07-2005, 20:56   #9
Senior Member+

Yeh I think Karl Noon is one of the good trialists we have at the mom along with Ian Latham.....wouldnt mind if they both signed
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..