Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2015, 00:10   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Out of contract players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Gutted about Lids being released - when he's been given the chance on the pitch he's never given less than 110%, good luck Michael wherever you end up - big mistake letting you go IMHO
You are so right!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2015, 10:40   #17
God Member

Good luck for the future to the lads who have been released Always liked Lidds..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:43   #18

I was disappointed that Liddle was released, when he plays he always seems committed. He is also fairly quick, which is always an asset!
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 13:09   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very disappointing to see Lidds going, not shocked though, after all he aint a scouser.
Old 03-05-2015, 13:35   #20
Senior Member+

As Joe said Wish all the released players the best in their future careers.
Did like Lids,so I presume Coley has something up his sleeve!!.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 14:57   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Did like Lids,so I presume Coley has something up his sleeve!!.
Maybe something from Corals or the like?
yerself likes this.
Old 03-05-2015, 15:00   #22
Senior Member+

Typical cashman, focuses on bitter pathetic negative rubbish such as which region the lad is from.

Plase give me 5 names, just 5 names of players during Coleman's time in charge that he has released that have gone on to bigger and better things?
baldy likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 17:42   #23
Full Member+

Who ever he brings in I would suggest we bolster the defence. It is always sad to see players go, especially when you know they have contributed to the club. But the reality is we finished 17th in the league which is just not good enough. If we want to increase revenue through the gates we need to be battling at the top. we also need a good cup run. If you look at the squad we had, on paper we should have been in the play off's at least. JC seems to know what is needed. whether he can afford it or not is another matter.As a supporter you can do your bit by joining the supporters club, buy a share. help out at a stall or event. this will just reinforce the feeling that together we are Stanley.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 18:25   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Typical cashman, focuses on bitter pathetic negative rubbish such as which region the lad is from.

Plase give me 5 names, just 5 names of players during Coleman's time in charge that he has released that have gone on to bigger and better things?
This got me thinking!

3 names I can remember are Alan Navarro (MK Dons, Brighton and Swindon) Will Buckley was in our youth team (Watford, Brighton and Sunderland) also seem to remember Keiran Westwood had trials with us but was unsuccessful (Coventry, Sunderland and Sheff Weds)

Always going to be players that slip the net with the amount of players that come through a club and I think Coley has found more gems than the players that have slipped the net!
maccawozzagod and DAV007 like this.
Old 03-05-2015, 19:40   #25

just a thought - maybe the gaffer wants more height at the back to defend corners. Liked what little I saw of Lidds - but wasn't a tall'n. Good luck Michael.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 20:57   #26
Full Member+

joel byrom springs to mind,
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 21:15   #27
Senior Member+

Some interesting choices and comments, pity we can't keep the personal comments out after all, we are all Stanley.
Chimer, keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 22:17   #28

James gray comes to mind also!
Old 03-05-2015, 23:26   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
This got me thinking!

3 names I can remember are Alan Navarro (MK Dons, Brighton and Swindon) Will Buckley was in our youth team (Watford, Brighton and Sunderland) also seem to remember Keiran Westwood had trials with us but was unsuccessful (Coventry, Sunderland and Sheff Weds)

Always going to be players that slip the net with the amount of players that come through a club and I think Coley has found more gems than the players that have slipped the net!
I think there was a issue with Kieran Westwood's wage demands which made it a none starter.

Can someone provide more infomation on why Westwood didnt sign for us?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:52   #30
God Member

Billy Kee a free agent.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..