Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2022, 22:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Owl Spanking Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Good result for The Stanley!
Broken the run of away defeats!
Fifty Points achieved!
All in all a good night for The Reds!

... and Crewe can't finish above us
choirboy likes this.
Old 16-03-2022, 08:46   #17
God Member

would have took that result before the game started so i,m happy.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 11:29   #18
Senior Member+

I found the whole night flat as a pancake to be honest.
There was little or no atmosphere and the home fans moaning and groaning from start to finish.
I thought we did ok ....... just ok.
Our opponents to think did Cambridge for 6 the weekend before were poor.
Battling performance .... on to the next one.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 12:05   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There was little or no atmosphere and the home fans moaning and groaning from start to finish.
Interesting to read your comments. I watched on iFollow so missed the atmosphere in the ground. I thought the Owls looked more likely to score throughout the game, but we managed to prevent them from doing so with lots of effort and good defending. Savin made some crucial saves, but I expect our keepers to be able to make those saves, its there job.

As for the crowd, the attitude of the home fans of "so called big-clubs" always amazes me. Their superior attitude only goes to hinder their own teams performance.

All in all a good point (for once!) away from home. My view from iFollow was that the referee was quite fair and not tooinfluenced by the large home crowd. How did you think Lewis did up-front?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 12:39   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
we did well i thought, why was it flat? perhaps cos yer namesake never started? i wonder,
andyd likes this.
Old 16-03-2022, 14:03   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Interesting to read your comments. I watched on iFollow so missed the atmosphere in the ground. I thought the Owls looked more likely to score throughout the game, but we managed to prevent them from doing so with lots of effort and good defending. Savin made some crucial saves, but I expect our keepers to be able to make those saves, its there job.

As for the crowd, the attitude of the home fans of "so called big-clubs" always amazes me. Their superior attitude only goes to hinder their own teams performance.

All in all a good point (for once!) away from home. My view from iFollow was that the referee was quite fair and not tooinfluenced by the large home crowd. How did you think Lewis did up-front?
Playing Lewis upfront was a huge gamble and to be fair he tried hard but looked lost, now Longelo on the other hand looked good played the ball on the floor and offensively looks good, we were good at defending and Savin made several crucial saves but time and time again we just lump balls upfront to frankly no one if we could pass it better we would take the pressure off the back three. But having said all that it was a good point against an inform side
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 14:05   #22
God Member

Quote:
When you have to pipe fan noise through speakers speaks volumes about the crowd at Hillsborough could hear Stanley fans throughout and I,m deaf.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 21:48   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
... and Crewe can't finish above us
But then on further reflection, we can't catch Rotherham
Old 17-03-2022, 09:18   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we did well i thought, why was it flat? perhaps cos yer namesake never started? i wonder,
Strange comment. I don't have a namesake at Accy.
I'm a Sheffield lad.
What has the atmosphere got to do with Accy's performance ?
As I said we did ok and battled well.
The comment was more aimed at the "massive" club we faced.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-03-2022, 09:21   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post

I think its fair to say he struggled mate.
Glad to see you get the point I was making about the atmosphere unlike others. When 300 or so make more noise than 19700 moaners .........
Old 17-03-2022, 09:51   #26
God Member

Its the final result that mattered far more than any atmosphere the game created. Stanley could have got beaten say 5-1 and their fans would have been much louder with the place buzzing more. Did anyone really want that.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2022, 07:54   #27
Senior Member+

Could not attend the rescheduled game as it was my Mother's birthday in Cheshire so had to settle for Iplayer.

Is it me or were the Hillsborough floodlights poor? Cannot recall that problem in Championship and FA Cup games there.

A friend who is a season ticket holder in Row F behind the Wednesday dug out appears to have nurtured a strong grievance against Ross Sykes during the game. Didn't notice much myself and not seen any criticism of him or Stanley on Owlstalk. Someone did make as if to take a throw in too far up the pitch but cannot particularly recall who it was. Consensus was Stanley did their homework.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..