Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2020, 22:26   #31
Full Member+

Re: Oxford

Conneely was our best player.
Only one who moved the ball, picked up from defence and looked to play it out wide.
Anyone care to explain different?
Sykes was okay. Bishop battles but didn’t get rub of green.
Rest of team poor.
Opoku positional play is dire, Finley too sloppy.
Nothing went to Bishop.
Johnson, Clark and Pritchard so predictable.
Bursik should have done better.

Bolton will be a tough test .
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2020, 23:05   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Conneely was our best player.
Only one who moved the ball, picked up from defence and looked to play it out wide.
Anyone care to explain different?
Sykes was okay. Bishop battles but didn’t get rub of green.
Rest of team poor.
Opoku positional play is dire, Finley too sloppy.
Nothing went to Bishop.
Johnson, Clark and Pritchard so predictable.
Bursik should have done better.

Bolton will be a tough test .
Shouldn't be every ones beating Bolton, but then again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2020, 23:12   #33
God Member

Just watched Coleman's post match interview and how he can say we were better in every department is to be honest delusional defence all over the place apart from were they should have been midfield out muscled wingers not at their best , lest said about upfront the better, Ashley-Seal been disappointing so far Grant mysteriously left out?
Old 25-02-2020, 23:28   #34
God Member

What an embarrassment that was sitting in a freezing cold stand watching one of the more pathetic performances from Stanley this season.
If someone had said that the team in white had never played together before tonight I wouldn’t have argued with them. They seemed clueless as to where each other were or what they were about to do; lost count the number of times Stanley passed to no-one or, even worse, to the nearest colleague who was already surrounded by Oxford players within tackling distance.
The last 30 minutes was like a training session for Oxford who were fitter, faster, stronger, quicker thinking, more skilful, more eager, and made scoring look easy, three times.
There was more than a league in difference between the two teams tonight and, whilst a competent team, Oxford don’t yet look Championship standard.
cashman, yonmon, andyd and 2 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 06:24   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
What an embarrassment that was sitting in a freezing cold stand watching one of the more pathetic performances from Stanley this season.
If someone had said that the team in white had never played together before tonight I wouldn’t have argued with them. They seemed clueless as to where each other were or what they were about to do; lost count the number of times Stanley passed to no-one or, even worse, to the nearest colleague who was already surrounded by Oxford players within tackling distance.
The last 30 minutes was like a training session for Oxford who were fitter, faster, stronger, quicker thinking, more skilful, more eager, and made scoring look easy, three times.
There was more than a league in difference between the two teams tonight and, whilst a competent team, Oxford don’t yet look Championship standard.
And Stanley didn't look league 1standard.
cashman likes this.
Old 26-02-2020, 06:28   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Freezing cold stand it will be at Bolton on Saturday to good luck to those that attend surely Stanley can't be that poor again.
Old 26-02-2020, 06:57   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Tranmere won
Surprising as that was it was actually a better result for us than if the Shrews had won or even if it had finished in a draw - the only positive from last night
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 08:39   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Surprising as that was it was actually a better result for us than if the Shrews had won or even if it had finished in a draw - the only positive from last night
With Tranmere winning we now need 50 points 4 wins we have to play Bolton,MK Don's away Tranmere, Bristol Rovers at home they are your 4 wins on paper 12 points +39 would give us 51 really important games because the rest are all difficult against a lot of the leading teams.
Old 26-02-2020, 09:09   #39
God Member

Quote:
Freezing cold stand it will be at Bolton on Saturday to good luck to those that attend surely Stanley can't be that poor again.
thats why stanley are where they are. irratic players and results. the players are not that bad to get a few results to make division 1 mathmatically safe for another season. like a lot of sides you never know which one is turning up on the day.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 09:35   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
With Tranmere winning we now need 50 points 4 wins we have to play Bolton,MK Don's away Tranmere, Bristol Rovers at home they are your 4 wins on paper 12 points +39 would give us 51 really important games because the rest are all difficult against a lot of the leading teams.
i will be very shocked if we need 50 to survive, we will have to see andy,
Old 26-02-2020, 09:49   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i will be very shocked if we need 50 to survive, we will have to see andy,
I agree to a point Cashy but better to be safe than sorry can easily go on a losing run as you can a winning one, not sure Coleman knows his best 11 now some strange choices to me last 2 games.
Old 26-02-2020, 10:16   #42
God Member

Quote:
not sure Coleman knows his best 11 now some strange choices to me last 2 games.
think he knows his prefered team which for me isn,t always the best team. always seems to trust certain players more than he does others.
Old 26-02-2020, 10:16   #43

I must have watched a different game tonight.
To call it an embarrassment is quite frankly embarrassing.
For 50 mins we more than matched Oxford, in fact I’d say the better team. More chances and we actually looked quite decent. Suppose this doesn’t fit the narrative though.
Poor result yes, completely disastrous no.
We’ll still stay up and that would be a great achievement. Although I imagine for most people that wouldn’t be enough.
It’s became increasingly apparent the lack of praise when we won 3(!) in a row on here and the abundance of negativity after we have lost back to back games to top of the league and the best team I’ve saw this season in Oxford.
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 10:31   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it was a poor result yes, the main difference was oxford could finish when they came forward we could not, certainly not a disaster to me,
Old 26-02-2020, 11:03   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it was a poor result yes, the main difference was oxford could finish when they came forward we could not, certainly not a disaster to me,
same for me. football is about scoring more goals than the opposition and not who actually plays the better football whatever anyone classes what better football actually is.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..