Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2014, 19:36   #1
Senior Member+

Oxford (A) Match Thread

Oxford United FC News

Looks like Oxford will have their new signing Brian Howard, an expensive signing, his wages will not be cheap but I get the impression Appleton is under pressure and is desperate to turn it around at Oxford.

I hope as many of you as possible make the trip down, the dummy and the ventriloquist will be in attendance.

3 more points please, lets hope we are going home only needing another 40 to stay up.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2014, 20:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford (A) Match Thread

Went over to Manchester this morning watching the boys training,,,,they are absolutely buzzing and are all up to give Oxford a good old fashioned seeing too,Brett was training with the squad looked really sharp,must be a deal in the pipe-line..
Stevo was putting them through the wringer..the more he pushed the more they thrived,...they seem to have great respect for him....I just hope the directors think long and hard before they hand the reigns to a man who said he could take Stanley no further.As DAV has pointed out Brian Howard could cause a few problems tomorrow...but Adebayo Akinfenwa came all pumped up on Saturday but was sent home with his tail between his legs...
AccyMad, cashman, mab and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Chubbyman; 15-09-2014 at 20:06.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 10:05   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Went over to Manchester this morning watching the boys training,,,,they are absolutely buzzing and are all up to give Oxford a good old fashioned seeing too,Brett was training with the squad looked really sharp,must be a deal in the pipe-line..
Stevo was putting them through the wringer..the more he pushed the more they thrived,...they seem to have great respect for him....I just hope the directors think long and hard before they hand the reigns to a man who said he could take Stanley no further.As DAV has pointed out Brian Howard could cause a few problems tomorrow...but Adebayo Akinfenwa came all pumped up on Saturday but was sent home with his tail between his legs...
Just read Paul Stephenson's notes on the fishy.....Level headed , sensible, ttransparent,and honest , which makes a change !!.
From this I deduce that for tonight's match at least the Team are in good hands ...will a win
Prove to be 'Stephenson's Rocket ' to higher things in the soccer firmament ?...remains to be seen ! .

PS....Tom v Brian Howard ?...... no contest !!

Last edited by yonmon; 16-09-2014 at 10:08. Reason: galloping amnesia !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 11:09   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Just read Paul Stephenson's notes on the fishy.....Level headed , sensible, ttransparent,and honest , which makes a change !!.
From this I deduce that for tonight's match at least the Team are in good hands ...will a win
Prove to be 'Stephenson's Rocket ' to higher things in the soccer firmament ?...remains to be seen ! .

PS....Tom v Brian Howard ?...... no contest !!
I can only pray you're right Yonman,but i'm sure its a done deal with an announcement in the morning.In my view the board have totally bottled it.
Why if the team win tonight does anything need to change at the moment?We are cashed strapped but if they appoint JC & JB that approx. £100K down the drain.....give the cash to Stevo to carry on his master plan(he has one)instead of paying the money to watch the ball being hoofed up field and the officials verbally abused.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:14   #5
Senior Member+

Name me a management duo who have never bad mouthed officials?
Old 16-09-2014, 11:15   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Name me a management duo who have never bad mouthed officials?
Kermit and Miss Piggy
DAV007 likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:50   #7
God Member

Hylton will take some watching tonight. He used to give Stanley a difficult time at Aldershot in the past and he's one of those "unglamourous" players (probably still wears black boots) that always seems to perform better than you'd expect him to.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 13:20   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Hylton will take some watching tonight. He used to give Stanley a difficult time at Aldershot in the past and he's one of those "unglamourous" players (probably still wears black boots) that always seems to perform better than you'd expect him to.
I'd echo this. Certainly a player you'd rather have in your side than in the oppo. Our centre halves will have to keep on their toes and not make needless lunges as this guy will be playing for penalties all afternoon.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 13:22   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
..... this guy will be playing for penalties all afternoon.
So, hopefully, by the time the match kicks off tonight, he'll be too knackered to stand up.
yonmon, Div3North and smobile like this.
Old 16-09-2014, 13:52   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I can only pray you're right Yonman,but i'm sure its a done deal with an announcement in the morning.In my view the board have totally bottled it.
Why if the team win tonight does anything need to change at the moment?We are cashed strapped but if they appoint JC & JB that approx. £100K down the drain.....give the cash to Stevo to carry on his master plan(he has one)instead of paying the money to watch the ball being hoofed up field and the officials verbally abused.
Well if that turns out to be the case all respect i had fer the board will have evaporated.
Tommy McQueen likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 13:55   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
So, hopefully, by the time the match kicks off tonight, he'll be too knackered to stand up.
Bah, you obviously haven't taken into account the time difference between Oxford (aka 'the south') and the newly devo-max ruled People's Republic of Accringtonia!
Redraine and yonmon like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 14:16   #12
God Member

Shaker, having spent too long down here amongst the heathen I'd forgotten about the Ossie-time directive.
I'm a safe 50 miles down wind of Oxford but, if you're coming tonight, bring your pith helmet and jungle kit; it's as humid as the inside of Accy Baths today.
Old 16-09-2014, 14:27   #13

If it's a done deal with Coleman and Bell .Please Peter Marsden change your mind ,give Paul Stevenson at least a chance to show his credentials and give him at least four games .The entire team is behind him,and the majority of the supporters as well .If Coleman returns you will lose quite a few supporters , the man is detested by many .Can only be a backward step .
cashman likes this.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 15:09   #14
Senior Member+

Wrong,
You won't lose any supporters, you will lose fair weather Blackburn fans.
Old 16-09-2014, 15:17   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Wrong,
You won't lose any supporters, you will lose fair weather Blackburn fans.
Once again yeh demonstrate what n arrogant fool yeh are.
Tommy McQueen likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..