Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2020, 16:02   #31
Senior Member+
 
yonmon's Avatar
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Kinda glad they didn't let us in now - one to forget
No you’re not !..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2020, 16:17   #32
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Kinda glad they didn't let us in now - one to forget
i aint perhaps fans coulda lifted them.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 16:57   #33
Member
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i aint perhaps fans coulda lifted them.
Spot on. Disappointed with the result but the closeness of supporters with the players and club would have helped today. Onwards and upwards.
cashman and pifco like this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 17:07   #34
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
No you’re not !..
No not really, that was just a gut reaction - can't wait to be back
yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 17:08   #35
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i aint perhaps fans coulda lifted them.
Definitely, I didn't mean it really - just frustration talking
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 06:21   #36
Full Member+
 
StanleyJosh's Avatar
 

Re: Oxford game.

different perspective than maybe people saw on iFollow as I can watch in the ground (PA with no fans to announce too, yeah strange I know!)

We missed Sangare picking up second balls from the strikers, first half everything went to Dions head or chest, he battled well to be fair but lots of loose balls that Oxford won every time.
Allan came us to as an attacking winger, must be hard for him playing more defensively; haven’t been too impressed with him however again it’s a new role for him plus men’s football so will give him benefit of doubt.
Rodgers seems to be our new Zanzala in the sense I want to love him but he is a completely different player to the one we first had on loan. I saw him at Nelson where their centre forward had him on string all game and at Padiham too. Both Zehn Mohammed and Regan Ogle looked much more composed and experienced in both games. He played on the right of a back 3 in those; and to be fair I still had hope for him in yesterday’s game as he played wing back; hoping for him to bomb forward like the Harvey Rodgers we had first on loan. Nope, he was out of his depth and looked shaky, confidence has been torn to pieces. Out of position, sloppy with the ball. Feel he would benefit from dropping a few leagues to gain minutes and confidence.
Clear we missed Conneely in the first half, Sama just didn’t get on the ball and get it moving, especially from Goal Kicks when the Oxford forwards blocked off the short pass to Hughes or Sykes, leaving an acre of space for Sama to receive and drive into.
Not a fan of Pritchard playing central, think he would actually make a half decent wing back, he excelled last season out wide in Sean’s absence and did well defensively , something we seem to be needing at the moment if Coley is to stick to his preferred formation (not a fan myself but then again I don’t have 4 promotions to my name as a manager...)
Bishop came on and won most of his arial challenges but again no number 10 attacking midfielder to pick up second balls.
For what it’s worth I’d of put Sama at RWB at half time, put Conneely on for Rodgers and put Allen in the hole with Pritchard out wide, and then Bishop for Cassidy.
Red card was baffling, from what I could see Charles shoved Eastwood who was trying to square up to one of our players. Eastwood retaliated and didn’t even get booked. Made me chuckle the Oxford commentators in front of me baffled it was even a pen when Rodgers got wiped out. Regardless that ok the punch was accidental and Eastwood was clearly trying to get the ball, he missed it and it was a late challenge so clearly a pen. Surprised that Bishop grabbed the ball initially but Cassidy took it off him after brief discussion.

2 wins from 5 this season. 1 in 3 in the league and we’ve played Peterborough and Oxford who I expect will both be up at the top end of season.
Another big 3 games ahead, all winnable and all losable. Imagine not liking football!
monkey hanger likes this.
StanleyJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 07:59   #37
Senior Member+
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
different perspective than maybe people saw on iFollow as I can watch in the ground (PA with no fans to announce too, yeah strange I know!)

We missed Sangare picking up second balls from the strikers, first half everything went to Dions head or chest, he battled well to be fair but lots of loose balls that Oxford won every time.
Allan came us to as an attacking winger, must be hard for him playing more defensively; haven’t been too impressed with him however again it’s a new role for him plus men’s football so will give him benefit of doubt.
Rodgers seems to be our new Zanzala in the sense I want to love him but he is a completely different player to the one we first had on loan. I saw him at Nelson where their centre forward had him on string all game and at Padiham too. Both Zehn Mohammed and Regan Ogle looked much more composed and experienced in both games. He played on the right of a back 3 in those; and to be fair I still had hope for him in yesterday’s game as he played wing back; hoping for him to bomb forward like the Harvey Rodgers we had first on loan. Nope, he was out of his depth and looked shaky, confidence has been torn to pieces. Out of position, sloppy with the ball. Feel he would benefit from dropping a few leagues to gain minutes and confidence.
Clear we missed Conneely in the first half, Sama just didn’t get on the ball and get it moving, especially from Goal Kicks when the Oxford forwards blocked off the short pass to Hughes or Sykes, leaving an acre of space for Sama to receive and drive into.
Not a fan of Pritchard playing central, think he would actually make a half decent wing back, he excelled last season out wide in Sean’s absence and did well defensively , something we seem to be needing at the moment if Coley is to stick to his preferred formation (not a fan myself but then again I don’t have 4 promotions to my name as a manager...)
Bishop came on and won most of his arial challenges but again no number 10 attacking midfielder to pick up second balls.
For what it’s worth I’d of put Sama at RWB at half time, put Conneely on for Rodgers and put Allen in the hole with Pritchard out wide, and then Bishop for Cassidy.
Red card was baffling, from what I could see Charles shoved Eastwood who was trying to square up to one of our players. Eastwood retaliated and didn’t even get booked. Made me chuckle the Oxford commentators in front of me baffled it was even a pen when Rodgers got wiped out. Regardless that ok the punch was accidental and Eastwood was clearly trying to get the ball, he missed it and it was a late challenge so clearly a pen. Surprised that Bishop grabbed the ball initially but Cassidy took it off him after brief discussion.

2 wins from 5 this season. 1 in 3 in the league and we’ve played Peterborough and Oxford who I expect will both be up at the top end of season.
Another big 3 games ahead, all winnable and all losable. Imagine not liking football!
Josh IFollow is quite a good view I said before kick off why was Conneelly dropped first mistake Allen not his fault played out of position but aside from that we were awful Oxford,s possession was good and we could learn from that and even through red and white spectacles we should have been deservedly 3-0 down at half time. Rodgers according to McConville had shone in training in that role so was given a start, but for me in this system midfield is crucial first half Sama was too static good tackler but he doesn't look comfy in possession, Butcher yet to impress and I agree missed Sangare in the creative role. He is out for 6 to 8 weeks so do we change the system don't know but we are a young side with a lot of learning on the job to do.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 09:12   #38
Full Member
 
Crown Grounder's Avatar
 

Re: Oxford game.

I like Sama. Don't think he's comfortable in the side yet at all. Probably a lack of competitive football (at any level). He's a defensive link up player, but at the moment only (able, willing or confident enough) to play short passes. The difference was when Seamus came on (full of confidence and plenty of competitive games with Stanley) he played better more forward thinking creative passes to teammates. Never thought I'd be making those comments about Seamus......what a good player he really is.

Oxford looked the bees knees today, can't think why they haven't won any league games until today. I suspect they were short of confidence before the game but as we didn't pose much of an attacking threat they gained in confidence, in possession and pressing us high without it. The first goal, somewhat of a scramble with us failing to clear the ball from our box. Their reward was the goal and it lifted them further. Even though we were much better second half they defended well. Not sure of the value of both teams on paper, but that and the difference in level of wages paid must have been massive. Still we can always say that with most teams we play, not meant as an excuse.

Difficult to comment on the bizarre incidents in the game. It all happens far too fast in real time and its difficult to see properly on one camera looking at a group of players. Dion's not a stamping kind of player. Would love to hear what the assistant referee actually saw, he must have been looking at Dion from behind.........Rogers punched after the ball had gone by their keeper not deliberately but late.....and the own goal, well they happen......Hughes clearance deflected off Pritchard and Toby has no chance.....we'll get one or two of those later in the season, all teams do.

We missed Sangare and Uwakwe.......lets hope they play more games than they miss and that they aren't prone to injury.

I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of the games this season and although I'm missing Home match days at the club. At least with iFollow I can watch the away games as well at 3pm on Saturdays....Brilliant......

UP THE STANLEY!!!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 10:07   #39
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Oxford game, we were poor....

At half time, Dan read out a Tweet from a Stanley fan, who was a season ticket holder, therefore was watching on ifollow for free

The Tweet said that at free of charge, they felt like they we not getting value for money watching Stanley

Highlight of the day

yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
__________________
JCFG

15 Years in the Football League



308

STAY SAFE
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 11:06   #40
Senior Member+
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I like Sama. Don't think he's comfortable in the side yet at all. Probably a lack of competitive football (at any level). He's a defensive link up player, but at the moment only (able, willing or confident enough) to play short passes. The difference was when Seamus came on (full of confidence and plenty of competitive games with Stanley) he played better more forward thinking creative passes to teammates. Never thought I'd be making those comments about Seamus......what a good player he really is.

Oxford looked the bees knees today, can't think why they haven't won any league games until today. I suspect they were short of confidence before the game but as we didn't pose much of an attacking threat they gained in confidence, in possession and pressing us high without it. The first goal, somewhat of a scramble with us failing to clear the ball from our box. Their reward was the goal and it lifted them further. Even though we were much better second half they defended well. Not sure of the value of both teams on paper, but that and the difference in level of wages paid must have been massive. Still we can always say that with most teams we play, not meant as an excuse.

Difficult to comment on the bizarre incidents in the game. It all happens far too fast in real time and its difficult to see properly on one camera looking at a group of players. Dion's not a stamping kind of player. Would love to hear what the assistant referee actually saw, he must have been looking at Dion from behind.........Rogers punched after the ball had gone by their keeper not deliberately but late.....and the own goal, well they happen......Hughes clearance deflected off Pritchard and Toby has no chance.....we'll get one or two of those later in the season, all teams do.

We missed Sangare and Uwakwe.......lets hope they play more games than they miss and that they aren't prone to injury.

I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of the games this season and although I'm missing Home match days at the club. At least with iFollow I can watch the away games as well at 3pm on Saturdays....Brilliant......

UP THE STANLEY!!!
Your comments on Sama are guite interesting personally think he would be better at right back maybe time to revert to a back four
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 13:11   #41
Full Member+
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Strange dropping the captain to the bench?
It is now he is playing better than he has for the last two seasons.(my opinion)
andyd likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 13:18   #42
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
It is now he is playing better than he has for the last two seasons.(my opinion)
mine also.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 13:20   #43
Senior Member
 

Re: Oxford game.

Still cannot get my head around that selection.
One good thing to come out of it ....... people starting to appreciate what they’ve got with Seamus.
Its going to be a long hard road.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 13:31   #44
Senior Member+
 

Smile Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Still cannot get my head around that selection.
One good thing to come out of it ....... people starting to appreciate what they’ve got with Seamus.
Its going to be a long hard road.
I said exactly that when I saw the lineup injuries piling up and you drop your captain odd still have to say again though we haven't got much upfront Charles puts himself about but Cassidy and Allen young lads learning their trade knocked of the ball by experienced older heads far too easily , only option to bring on Bishop who looks unfit and off the pace crying out for someone with experience to be brought in loan or permanent down to money has always but without options fear could be an uphill battle.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 13:39   #45
Full Member+
 

Re: Oxford game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Still cannot get my head around that selection.
One good thing to come out of it ....... people starting to appreciate what they’ve got with Seamus.
Its going to be a long hard road.
Its not a matter of people appreciating what we have with Seamus, its more that Seamus is using what he's got.
cashman likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.45581 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1