Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oxford (H) match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Completely Agree Cashy! Need someone in the club to do it until then there will be no real commercial focus.

Beyond his wrong doings Rob Heys had it spot on commercially because he had the nouse and passion for Accrington Stanley
Funnily enough ash i said exactly that about Rob Heys to Dave yesterday morning, Think he would make a good commercial guy, when his bans up, Thats certainly more him than CEO imho.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:50   #17

His ban must be up at the end of this season, I for one expect him to be back in some capacity.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:53   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Funnily enough ash i said exactly that about Rob Heys to Dave yesterday morning, Think he would make a good commercial guy, when his bans up, Thats certainly more him than CEO imho.
The role his made for him.... Just like manager position is made for Coleman. Stanley through and through. Stood by us in times of struggle (forget the obvious issues with rob) that Man put his mortgage on the line for the club when we were in dire straits and I'm sure Coleman went a few months without payment! That's why we can't turn our backs on any of them!

Sorry to off on another tangent
DAV007 likes this.
Old 10-02-2015, 14:29   #19
Senior Member+

Some good points Ash. It is this kind of committment to the club that you have highlighted that makes Stanley the wonderful 'Little Club' that it is!
Results have not been going our way recently but that just highlights the need for ALL of us on the terraces to be fully behind the club, the manager and the team........So.......
Once again the 'Next' match tonight against Oxfrord becomes the new......'Biggest match of the season'.
We need to be VERY VOCAL AND VISIBLE IN OUR SUPPORT TONIGHT.
It is my 'old call' again......
BE LOUD, BE COLOURFUL, SHOW VISIBLY THAT WE ARE ALL BEHIND THE TEAM. SHOUT, SING and please WAVE THOSE FLAGS ON THE CLAYTON END as we welcome the team out at the start of the match and for the start of the second half and of course when we SCORE!!!!!!
ON STANLEY ON
BELIEVE
KEEP THE FAITH
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 16:28   #20
Senior Member+

Official website still not working???
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 16:38   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Some good points Ash. It is this kind of committment to the club that you have highlighted that makes Stanley the wonderful 'Little Club' that it is!
Results have not been going our way recently but that just highlights the need for ALL of us on the terraces to be fully behind the club, the manager and the team........So.......
Once again the 'Next' match tonight against Oxfrord becomes the new......'Biggest match of the season'.
We need to be VERY VOCAL AND VISIBLE IN OUR SUPPORT TONIGHT.
It is my 'old call' again......
BE LOUD, BE COLOURFUL, SHOW VISIBLY THAT WE ARE ALL BEHIND THE TEAM. SHOUT, SING and please WAVE THOSE FLAGS ON THE CLAYTON END as we welcome the team out at the start of the match and for the start of the second half and of course when we SCORE!!!!!!
ON STANLEY ON
BELIEVE
KEEP THE FAITH

Didn't you forget to mention that, if like yourself, fans are fortunate enough to have a Vulvazulu in their possession, then these should be blown at a maximum Decibel level ?.
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 17:58   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Didn't you forget to mention that, if like yourself, fans are fortunate enough to have a Vulvazulu in their possession, then these should be blown at a maximum Decibel level ?.
I believe that it could be 'dangerous' to blow into a 'Vulvazulu'!
Actually Yonmon, my 'horn' is just a little thing that I bought for one of our FA Cup matches about 15 years ago! I certainly couldn't cope with one of those much larger 'VULVAZULUS'. Heh heh!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 20:41   #23
God Member

Great result tonight. Phew. Well done all.
17 shots! Brilliant for Gornell to bag the winner in 'Murphy' time. How did Snr.Bruna do?
Can't wait for comments, drunk or sober.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 10-02-2015 at 20:46.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:03   #24

Rob Heys back. Please no, he is a criminal end of. Even before he was found out for what he is, he was pretty damn useless at his day job. Let's bring Cav back to. Just cos he's a true fan doesn't make him untouchable.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:05   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Rob Heys back. Please no, he is a criminal end of. Even before he was found out for what he is, he was pretty damn useless at his day job. Let's bring Cav back to. Just cos he's a true fan doesn't make him untouchable.
Do you read the Daily Mail?

Brilliant result Stanley. Well done.
Red-Osbornello and AsFc62 like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:10   #26
Resting in Peace

Wow, what a performance! Anyone querying our team spirit should have been there tonight. Every man jack pulled their tripe out for the cause and nobody took a backward step against a very tough and accomplished side. All 3 new signings were great and I was particularly impressed with our Real Madrid "reject" who showed more skill on the ball than I've seen for a long time in a Stanley shirt ( Piero excepted maybe!). I can't really pick out individuals as I would have to name 11 players. I hope we can build on this and we shouldn't fear any team on this form. More shots on goal than I can remember, also twice hitting the bar, their goalie making fine saves and several shots whistling just wide or over made it a night to remember. Well done Coley for getting them fired up!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:15   #27

Wahey now there was a performance - see what we can do now we have a striker!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:18   #28

I agree it was a good hard working performance.
We had better of game after 1st few minutes but oxford had a few close calls including the open goal. Phew!
Agree all players played there parts. Though my man of the match would be Rob Atkinson. He was solid at the back and made many important clearances. Sometimes he's a bit of unsung hero. A vital win.
Revived Red likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:25   #29

I listened to it on Radio Oxford and there sounded like there was a lot more passion both on and off the pitch. The team looked a lot more balanced with players playing in positions that suited them and a striker up front not a shoehorned loan signing playing out of position. We asked for Coley to learn from earlier mistakes and it sounded like he has. Hopefully we can take it into the next game and again the results near the bottom went not to bad for us.

As a side note the commentators on Radio Oxford weren't happy chappies at the end grumbling about the injustice in true local radio style
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:30   #30

A gritty battling three points for Accy. Bruna was magic. Anybody who thinks that lot aren't playing for JC is on glue. Davies was solid and Tel W's the target man we've been looking for.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..