Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 22:57   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oxford Match Thread.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Hope he doesn't waste his talent cashy,but you never know what's between a players ears !!!!
Exactly my sentiments.
Old 04-12-2012, 00:28   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think deans banned on Saturday ......
You're right, he is - 5 bookings (but it's Sunday, don't forget )

So is Kevin McIntyre at Coleydale!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41   #33
Full Member+

For me...the first goal was totally Toto's fault. Their lad nicked possession from right in front of where I was sat and easily brushed off Nsiala's attempts to get the ball back. Toto had an opportunity to lump the ball out of play before the situation was irretrievable but for some reason (probably known to the lad himself ) he chose not to???

As Leam said....we're a young side and learning. Mistakes are unfortunately teaching us the hard way at the moment. With a full season behind these lads, next season holds great promise ( for me at least ) IF we can keep the nucleus of the side together. Winning the replay may that goal help financially!!

The keeper had a decent game though I'm wondering how this emergency loan lark works (can we keep renewing for the next few weeks till the window re-opens in January???)

We certainly missed Atkinson's presence at the back. I did read on BBC teletext (a couple of days ago) that we are supposedly looking at making a move to sign him permanently in January??? Now he would be a good addition to the squad!

The tie is not dead, we've hopefully learned a bit from Saturday and they've lost two players to injuries and by the way Wilder was talking about them on teletext... they are key players. They've an extra game to play this midweek in the J.P.T. where they might pick up another few injuries and suspensions. And we've certainly played a lot better this season than we did on Saturday!

Add to that the incentive of a big game where the Blades will probably bring 2000 or so for a third round game at the Crown.....reason for hope.
Revived Red and smobile like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:15   #34

[QUOTE=football19;1030533]I think the key to good defending cashy is getting touch tight,

Dean must have long arms!! For me,Toto was drawn across to the full back area far too often,Rotherham's second goal as well,reasons why, I don't know enough about defending.We also get pushed back down the middle due to lack of a tackler/pace in the midfield,to get close to the opposition,could Bohan Dixon be a presence in front of the back four?

As is said you defend from the front ,so need the front 2 to close the full backs down.

Team for Sunday !! Bit experimental but something different?

Keeper
Lindfield Eckersley Murphy Liddle
Dixon
Miller Joyce

Amond Beattie Molyneux
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
[COLOR=black]All
[COLOR=black]I think it could be a good idea to put Deano at centre back with Toto and play Craig Linfield at right back where he was a revelation last season. This could enable Peter Murphy to be used in midfield where he might be more combative than some of the other guys there. Peter is also always likely to pop up and score a goal from a more advanced position in midfield.
Good thinking, Bob. I like your idea of Murph in midfield a lot more than Football 19 having him at full back, where he reminds me of a supertanker. According to Rochdale's so called "in the knows", Proccy is set to join the Accy exiles at Spotland, along with our very own Deano!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:27   #36
Senior Member+

thats news to me redraine!!!,cant see that happening unless Acci release him.
Anyway his mum wouldnt let him anyway.
Going back to fourth officals points on what was happening on saturday,he was very observant !!.
At the start,they played two up top and in Rigg and Potter two wingers.
The fullbacks tucked in initally,but there wingers were getting space to turn and run the fullbacks.
At one point,both teams were playing 4-2-4 !!.
To try and stop this,the fullbacks pushed up to close the space and the balls were then played into the areas left(see first goal).
Personally,i would have keep the fullbacks(mainly dean) tucked in and got linney to engage Rigg(whos a very good player).
We seem to do this effectively in the second half,but it put linney under as its hard work doing two jobs,and he run out of steam.
Thats what managers get paid for,and it nearly came off
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:48   #37
Resting in Peace

That's good to hear.
Wow, I wish I had your insight into systems and formations, Football, it makes me feel dizzy. Most of the time it looks like schoolboy footie to me with everyone just running after the ball! Especially when at goal kicks all 20 outfield players gather in a square of about 30x30 metres!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 13:16   #38
Senior Member+

not many teams "make the pitch big"(barca excluded),because if you lose possession you get punished.
Not many teams have out and out wingers as they tend to get isolated.
To be fair,Cookys footballing ideas were a bit of risk and reward,as he liked for lads to stay wide(devitt and grant spring to mind)and fullbacks pushing on,but if you dont have top, one on one defenders, you will always conceed.
Makes for good entertaining games tho
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 13:24   #39
God Member

Quote:
To be fair,Cookys footballing ideas were a bit of risk and reward,as he liked for lads to stay wide(devitt and grant spring to mind)and fullbacks pushing on,but if you dont have top, one on one defenders, you will always conceed.
Makes for good entertaining games tho
You can tell he learnt his trade from Stan Ternent. Tactics = we score more than you, game won
Old 04-12-2012, 13:32   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Team for Sunday !! Bit experimental but something different?

Keeper
Lindfield Eckersley Murphy Liddle
Dixon
Miller Joyce

Amond Beattie Molyneux
I think it will be an experimental team - and I would like to see Eckersley and Dixon given a chance. I doubt if Beattie will play, given the importance of the replay next Wednesday. Maybe Moly rested too. Chippendale deserves a chance. By the way, is your omission of Rommy deliberate? He could well be rested on Sunday.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 14:11   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I think it will be an experimental team - and I would like to see Eckersley and Dixon given a chance. I doubt if Beattie will play, given the importance of the replay next Wednesday. Maybe Moly rested too. Chippendale deserves a chance. By the way, is your omission of Rommy deliberate? He could well be rested on Sunday.
Forgot about Rommy,prob swap him for Beattie.
Old 04-12-2012, 20:57   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official;1030613[B
]Forgot about Rommy,[/B]prob swap him for Beattie.
How ??

Last edited by yonmon; 04-12-2012 at 21:03.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:28   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
How ??

Rommy on right of front three,Podge central,Moly left.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..