Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2015, 22:04   #31
God Member

Re: Oxford United Match Thread

Sean will always be the scapegoat for some,no matter what he does -not saying he's always top notch or full value for money but no matter what he does in some folks eyes he'll never be good enough -
baldy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2015, 22:14   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sean will always be the scapegoat for some,no matter what he does -not saying he's always top notch or full value for money but no matter what he does in some folks eyes he'll never be good enough -
I agree.
Redash likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:58   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I agree.
Perhaps cos he isn't,never will be.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:01   #34
I am Banned

It's not just the players fault it's the officials aswell that was the worst refereeing I've seen all season how he, also I have to say and I know I'll get abuse for this but windass is rubbish, yes he can score goals but he's weak he's lazy he doesn't challenge for the ball incase he messes up his hair both him and mconville should of been brought off a lot sooner
Outback Ozzy likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:08   #35
Senior Member+

A disappointing performance and result for us. Oxford fully deserved their win!

That nuisance Danny Hylton seems to be a real 'Bogeyman' against us! Every time I have seen him against us he always seems to 'rumble' us! I finish up wishing that he played FOR us instead of AG'IN us! He is a clever player both in a creative positive way but also in a sly way, constantly pushing and nudging opponents and being quite unsporting at times! Grrrr!

I agree that Oxford in general were a sly lot and were adept at pushing opponents in nearly every 50/50 play! The referee was totally duped by this and it added to the disruption caused to our attempts to play football. To their credit though, Oxford did press us with their mobilty and speed of response and as some of our boys were a bit under par we never really got going. Oxford also seemed to get the run of the ball nearly every time it ran loose!
Coneely and Crooks were both very good again and Billy tried hard up front on hs own against a big and strong centre half.
Our distribution out of defence was poor and young Wakefields match got worse culminating in him giving away the penalty for Oxford's third goal...A match for the youngster to learn from and then file the match result away!
I agree that the two late substitutions were simply too late!
We missed the strength of Davies and Deano at the back although we did look a bit tighter when Deano came on as the first substitute.
Let's hope that Coley and our boys learn from this and then we can get back to top form soon.
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 04-10-2015 at 08:18.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:07   #36
God Member

they just about deserved a win but 3-1 was unjust on us. they seemed to score just at the important times when we were getting on top. first goal not long after josh,s lob landed on the top of the net and the second after the goalmouth scramble where we couldn,t put it away. the main difference was they were carrying no passengers unlike us. liam wakefield had a nightmare and our previous man of the match winner only came to life after he was fouled and then only for a couple of mins. not the end of the world though as when your are on a winning run you always turn up thinking is this the day it finishes. off back to Hartlepool for a few days so will be getting up dates on poor old Ronnie moore.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:55   #37

One thing that struck me yesterday is how negative a home crowd we actually have. 4th in the league having only lost one thus far and yet from kick off every misplaced pass met with a loud collective groaning sound from all areas. Same people who were ranting over beating Exeter 4-2 a disgrace. There are far more disgraceful situations to be in than a comfortable win.

As for Sean....he's this seasons scapegoat it seems. Joining the ranks of Joyce, Peter Murphy and Matt Crooks in seasons gone by. As the third goal went in a chorus of "mconville.....blah blah....jimmys nephew blah blah" began. Seemingly overlooking the fact that Jimmys son once played for us and was farmed off for not being good enough....this blowing a hole in the nepotism theory.

There were far worse players yesterday. Windass went missing for example.

At least when Proccy's back it will go back to being him.

As for the game...poor goals to concede. If that crazy goal line scramble at the Clayton ENd is poked in we win the game. On the balance of play they were quicker and stronger and deserved it. Let's not panic and change things too much for Barnet.

Coleman Out. I miss the days of 12 without a win.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:59   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Another using the word scapegoat, Just tell us this, if hes so good WHY has NO club kept him on? Certainly he can produce a good game, but few and far between, in other words "Flatters To Deceive" that seems to me to be the reason no club in the league kept him on.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:15   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
Jimmys son once played for us and was farmed off for not being good enough..
Are you sure about this? From what I read Bell jnr. was offered a new deal, turned it down and cleared off in search of regular first team football. I wonder if he found it?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:23   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
One thing that struck me yesterday is how negative a home crowd we actually have. 4th in the league having only lost one thus far and yet from kick off every misplaced pass met with a loud collective groaning sound from all areas. Same people who were ranting over beating Exeter 4-2 a disgrace. There are far more disgraceful situations to be in than a comfortable win.

As for Sean....he's this seasons scapegoat it seems. Joining the ranks of Joyce, Peter Murphy and Matt Crooks in seasons gone by. As the third goal went in a chorus of "mconville.....blah blah....jimmys nephew blah blah" began. Seemingly overlooking the fact that Jimmys son once played for us and was farmed off for not being good enough....this blowing a hole in the nepotism theory.

There were far worse players yesterday. Windass went missing for example.

At least when Proccy's back it will go back to being him.

As for the game...poor goals to concede. If that crazy goal line scramble at the Clayton ENd is poked in we win the game. On the balance of play they were quicker and stronger and deserved it. Let's not panic and change things too much for Barnet.

Coleman Out. I miss the days of 12 without a win.

I think you get negative supporters at most clubs win lose or draw they just like moaning as I was leaving yesterday Wakefield where did we get him from Doncaster I shouted back thinking do they know anything about any player but people pay there money and can say what they like I suppose and more through the gate and you will probaly get more moaners that,s football as for Sean McConville I can think of at least 4 or 5 players who had a worse game yesterday some players just are,nt liked what ever they do by sections of the crowd, I just try to get behind every one in the red and white of Stanley.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:27   #41
God Member

Here you are Alvin:

Accrington Stanley - Bell turns down new contract offer

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:36   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Last known club Marine 2009 probaly playing in lower leagues now if still playing.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:42   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
One thing that struck me yesterday is how negative a home crowd we actually have. 4th in the league having only lost one thus far and yet from kick off every misplaced pass met with a loud collective groaning sound from all areas. .
Not on the Clayton End! If it bothers you that much you should move.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:42   #44
Senior Member+

Now the dust has settled,for me it simple,just a bad day at the office.
We have defended well in the first ten games,but we got punished yesterday for a mixture of poor finishing and naive defending.
Its not that we are a bad team or the shape of the team is wrong,just errors at key times.
Positives,we created chances and looking at the bench,plenty strength in depth.
We just looked a bit open from the off yesterday,with passes going astray and struggled to build a head of steam.
It happens and we learn our lessons and move on.
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:02   #45

Was on the Clayton End actually. Moaning galore towards the left hand side although not to Main Stand standards. With a ground as compact as ours it must make a difference to the lads. Football19...even more evidence as we didn't rate him highly enough to offer a competitive deal.

A bad day all round. We shall regroup and smash Barnet with a Macca hattrick. 2 defeats in 11. I'll take that. Factor in we should really have beaten Luton and Northampton.....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..