Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 19:19   #1
Senior Member+

Oxford United Match Thread

I am getting quite excited about the match v Oxford United on Saturday. We have been playing some great entertaining football and I have been trying to put the word out to a number of friends and relatives about the way Stanley are playing at the moment. I really hope that we get a good turn out of Accrington folk to get behind the team tomorrow!
The two goals that we scored on Tuesday against Yeovil were simply 'Scintillating'! I am still waxing lyrical about the goal scored by Crooks which took me back to the mid sixties when I had to watch Man United on the Stretford End and 'put up' with my all time favourite player Bobby Charlton smashing them in regularly from outside the penalty box!
More like that one please Matt!

Like Josh Windass, goals like this will add zeros to your value Matt. IMHO both Josh and Matt could play at a much higher level but I hope that we can hang onto them for most of this season, as with them I think we could get promotion. Of course Stanley is always a club that needs to sell players in order to survive and the inevitable will happen at some time!
I always feel a bit sad when we play Oxford as they were the team that replaced us in the league all those years ago when we went out of business in 1962 and we had to resign from the League!
Anyway! Tomorrow is another great chance for us to build a real challenge for promotion. The young lads at the centre of our defence did superbly on Tuesday and I hope that we can get a similar result tomorrow!
It feels a bit strange to have our little club up near the top of the league and it makes my stomach flutter with anticipation of the possibilities for the rest of the season!
Come on all STANLEY FANS tomorrow.....
SING, SHOUT, CLAP and CHEER our team onto another three points and help our brave little club defy all the odds!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad, Red-Osbornello and yonmon like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2015, 19:22   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oxford United Match Thread

Tomorrow it should be a cracking game i reckon, a good test for us, hope we can replicate tuesday nights form, no contest if we can.
Old 02-10-2015, 22:02   #3
Resting in Peace

Oxford fans are very wary of us on their forum, but only seem to be worrying about Joss's goal scoring prowess. Good. Maybe their players will concentrate on him and ignore our other potent weapons up front and in midfield! not to mention our transformed defensive powers. Hopefully.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 22:05   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good, joss scored a damn good goal on tuesday, but fer me, he aint our best finisher,
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 02-10-2015, 22:24   #5
Senior Member+

How about a brief word of praise and thanks to Buzzer at the start of this thread. His careful preparation and hard work has produced the playing surface upon which out team have been able to produce the best home performances we have seen for a long time, and created 'Fortress Stanley ' at the same time.
With this weeks fine weather and Buzzer's efforts I'm sure that another pristine surface will be there for all to see and for the REDS to provide another performance to gladden the hearts of all the fans !.
Mustn't be too complacent mind as Oxford will be looking to consolidate their good start to the season and really be up for it !.
ON STANLEY..ON TO GREATER THINGS !!!.
Redash, football19, sherry and 3 others like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:56   #6
Resting in Peace

I see Sean is guaranteed a start as Coley made him his MOM v.Yeovil, above Crooks. Does anyone else find that strange as the posters on here made special mention of 9 of our players in their reports, but nobody thought fit to mention our no.11? I only remember one notable moment from him when he failed to even hit the target when presented with an open headed goal from Piero's peach of a cross in the first half! Am I right, wrong, or just obsessed?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:55   #7
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Oxford United Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I see Sean is guaranteed a start as Coley made him his MOM v.Yeovil, above Crooks. Does anyone else find that strange as the posters on here made special mention of 9 of our players in their reports, but nobody thought fit to mention our no.11? I only remember one notable moment from him when he failed to even hit the target when presented with an open headed goal from Piero's peach of a cross in the first half! Am I right, wrong, or just obsessed?
Thought he had a good game and worked his socks off to press the ball,MOM?,not for me(Billy Kee),but his work rate was 50% higher than of late and i hope it continues as he and Pierro may have some competition
!!!
baldy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:58   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Thought he had a good game and worked his socks off to press the ball,MOM?,not for me(Billy Kee),but his work rate was 50% higher than of late and i hope it continues as he and Pierro may have some competition
!!!
I though he wasn't that good particularly in first 45.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:51   #9
Senior Member+

To be fair Cashy i think he gives us something different.
Cutting in from the left wing hes quite capable of putting the ball in the far corner and his touch is excellent.
His work ethic is sometimes questioned,but hes seems to have sorted that out,hes been consistent for me and is dangerous around the box.
chevyfire likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:59   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
To be fair Cashy i think he gives us something different.
Aye i think MoM on tues is taking the pish.But then i aint qualified.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:25   #11
Senior Member+

ain't it great when the MOTM is so questionable, what it really means is we have so many players having a good game that its a team performance, as cashy said in post 2 this game against a fellow form team should be a good test but win lose or draw I know its an exciting time for the reds
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 16:22   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Best side won, no doubt at all, there first was lax defending n atrocious keeping i thought, crooksy equalised wi another cracker,we then looked like going on to win it, until tuesdays so called MoM missed when it looked easier to score,Chester have been very fortunate i reckon, but well played Oxford, just one thing bugs me, WHY? do we play a home match wi 1 man up front? ridiculous i think.but then i aint qualified.
Old 03-10-2015, 16:30   #13
Senior Member+

I thought Sean McConville was lucky to stay on the pitch or lucky the ref and assitants didn't notice him kick out after being fouled. Ref to me won that game though, didn't give us anything but soon as an Oxford player tripped, fell did a swallow dive, it was a free kick to them. I also agree with Cashy, lax defending, but I won't blame Mooney for poor keeping. In fact, my thought is that OUFC were the dirtiest fouling team to visit the Wham this season. Every time the ball went near Billy Kee he was pulled, pushed etc etc out of the way. Maybe our players were to honest when to fall over and draw the foul would have been easier. Anyway onto Barnet on Saturday and start again. Oh and please Radio Lancashire don't make us a commentary game again this season.
Redraine and choirboy like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 16:32   #14
Resting in Peace

The defence looked uneasy all the match against a very good attack and we deperately missed Tom Davies. Balls out of defence were poor as well so the midfield struggled to get enough ball. Can't fault Conneally and Crooks though, who did their best to get us going. I don't know why the subs came so late as things needed changing much, much earlier - a familiar story when we are playing below par. Oxford deserved the points but left a nasty feeling with their cynical, diving play and time wasting. Not too much damage done in our table position and hopefully we can get back to the smooth machine we have become in the last 10 performances or so.
Old 03-10-2015, 16:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
WHY? do we play a home match wi 1 man up front?
This bloke's qualified.

Hodgson on the 4-4-2 formation - UEFA.com

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..