Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2016, 15:57   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oxford United Match Thread

All over 2-1 a great 3pts for Stanley, well done lads.
Old 20-02-2016, 16:01   #32

Special win. Takes real determination and desire to come back from 1 nil down away.
monkey hanger likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:03   #33
Senior Member+

Great win...Oxford hammered !!. Only 3 points behind with those two games in hand !

Keep the faith !!
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:03   #34
Senior Member+

Simply magnificent !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:04   #35
God Member

Bloody brilliant!!! Slightly dampened by Tom's red card & the injury to Joe Wright but an amazing win - not sure i can cope with these dizzy heights
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:09   #36
Senior Member+

We are safe and it's still Feb !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:15   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
A very tough fixture away to Oxford United today.
Stanley have a few injury problems and two key suspensions which will severely limit the choice of players available today.
I think that it is unlikely that we will get any points from the match today.

ON STANLEY ON
Bob, mate, you are just going to have to be more POSITIVE!
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:20   #38
God Member

For God's sake would someone stick their arm out the window,stretch it over the oceans and pinch me while yelling "YES KJ,its really happening ! "
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 16:27   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Bob, mate, you are just going to have to be more POSITIVE!
Reverse psychology at its best!!
choirboy likes this.
Old 20-02-2016, 16:27   #40

Consider it done KJ!
Kiwi John likes this.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 17:08   #41
Senior Member+

AN ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WIN TODAY!
Ended up looking after my two Grandsons today and they 'hogged' the computer all afternoon playing CBBC games! I was struggling to follow the match and when I looked on the BBC Teletext at half time and saw we were one down I thought that we would go on to loose by another goal or two...... HOW WRONG WAS I THEN!
IT MUST HAVE BEEN A MAGNIFICENT SECOND HALF PERFORMANCE BY OUR BOYS............
....../What with the enforced changes and the sending off but how superb for 'Debut Boy' Brown to get the winner when we were down to 10 men!

I said at the start of the thread what a big match this was and I should not have doubted the Squad's ability to cover for the personel changes!
Now we need to consolidate by not slipping up against the lower teams in the league!
SIMPLY THE BEST RESULT SO FAR THIS SEASON!

ONWARD AND UPWARD.
ON STANLEY ON.
AccyMad, Redraine, cashman and 1 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 17:54   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Simply the best squad weve had since the return imho.
Old 20-02-2016, 18:46   #43
God Member

One of the best performances I've seen from Stanley, especially under the circumstances of injuries/red card absences and an extremely strong wind blowing right through the end where Oxford, if only they weren't such a tinpot outfit, should have a stand.
First half Stanley let Oxford play with the wind, and they probably had, slightly, the better of the half. But there goal was a fluke cross (never a 'shot') that simply bounced through defenders and attacker and caught Etheridge flat footed. Other than that, Etheridge was very impressive and commanded his entire box, and sometimes beyond it, well. Second half started perfectly with a great cross from McConville and a Billy Whiz header from, I'd guess, 3.5 yards out at the far post. After that Stanley were superb, playing some delightful close, one-touch inter-passing that made Oxford look flat footed. Their fans started to get at them and they started making more mistakes.
The two 'new' boys, Messrs Boco and Brown, looked a little off the pace at times, not surprisingly, but played their part and can surely only improve with more game time.
Invidious to single out one player as MotM as there were so many to choose from. The back four really controlled a lively and strong forward line, Halliday and Pearson both immense in stifling their attacks down the wing. Messrs Davies and Wright also handled their big front man with assurance. Davies took his first yellow card for the team, after Brown tripped over the ball and let Oxford in, but his second was rash on his part. However, it was also great to see how well the defence handled the enforced changes before and during the game, with Matty Pearson moving into the middle, and Wakefield slotting in perfectly. Even McConville reverted to an emergency left back; by the way, he had a cracking game and showed some maturity throughout. Nice to see Pierro and Sean Mac switching wings and both getting at their defence, Pierro yet again usually having two opponents closing him down whenever he got the ball. As ever, Billy Kee was unbelievably good up against a guy twice his size, battling for 90 minutes and fully deserving a goal. Really liked the look of young Shaw who nearly announced his arrival with what would have been a cracking goal.
But, as Professor Coleman suggested, yet again Captain Conneely was simply huge today. What a team, what performance. What a great result.
Redraine and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 19:35   #44
Senior Member+

Video up already (again)!
Oxford 1-2 Accrington Stanley | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 19:35   #45
Senior Member+

Surely must rate as the best win of the season under the circumstances, character plus, what a performance and there was one prediction said we were going to loose 3-0, no confidence you twit.!!!!!
deeayess likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..