Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2016, 23:58   #1

PA announcer here

Hello!

This is my first post on the forum, I'm one of the people you hear over the tannoy on matchdays. So far I've done the games against Exeter, Burnley, Crewe, Portsmouth and Cheltenham.

I'm just looking for some feedback on how you are finding the volume and the music, it sounds okay from my end but it's almost guesswork when it comes to knowing how loud it is around the ground. If you're struggling to hear, I'll try and up the volume for my next game.

In terms of music, I use a playlist but I'm always open to suggestions for songs to add to it so let me know if there's any songs you want to hear.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I am quickly becoming a huge fan of Accrington Stanley and hopefully it will be a really successful season

Jake
JWarrior95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2016, 11:38   #2
God Member

Re: PA announcer here

Good luck with your efforts, Jake.
As I'm sure you appreciate, the issue of the PA volume is a tricky one. Needs a fine balance, and/or extremely good speakers, for people to be able to hear announcements/music but still be able to talk to neighbouring fans.
Worst places I've encountered, in more ways than one, are Cheltenham and Stevenage where the PA is so loud you can't even talk to someone sitting in the next seat. Perhaps whoever set up those systems only ever communicates to those sitting next to them by text.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:56   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarrior95 View Post
Hello!
In terms of music, I use a playlist but I'm always open to suggestions for songs to add to it so let me know if there's any songs you want to hear
Not sure many would want to hear it but, for this Saturday, The Kinks' 'Autumn Almanac' might be apt. "I like my football on Saturday...I go to Blackpool for my holiday..."
Old 10-10-2016, 12:17   #4

Hello Jake,
Your services are much appreciated. Perhaps a slight increase in volume for all us old duffers behind the Clayton end who are a bit Mutt & Jeff.
However, I think you could greatly help to increase the atmosphere created by our low gates by leading the crowd with shouts such as 'Offside ref!', 'Red card ref!' and 'Penalty ref!' at maximum volume. Obviously, this only applies to the opposition.
For our lads, may I suggest; 'Get into em!', 'Shoot!' & 'For f*~#s sake!' - for those occasions where we miss a golden opportunity to score, eg - free kicks, penalties etc.
Yours truly,
Sir Rodney Stiffupperlip
KFC & Bucket
LongLostSon and Lord Didsbury like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not sure many would want to hear it but, for this Saturday, The Kinks' 'Autumn Almanac' might be apt. "I like my football on Saturday...I go to Blackpool for my holiday..."
I'm not doing the Blackpool game on Saturday but I'll mention it to the person who will be

My next game is the Newport one in a few weeks.
JWarrior95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:37   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its certainly improved lately no doubt at all, i'm one of the deaf owd duffers on the clayton end, so think louder a touch please.
JWarrior95 likes this.
Old 10-10-2016, 13:30   #7
God Member

[QUOTE=JWarrior95;1178749
My next game is the Newport one in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Given the problems at Rodney Parade, then it has to be Tom Jones' "The green, green grass of home".
Old 10-10-2016, 13:30   #8
God Member

As long as any increase in volume is just for on the announcements & not on the music please - at times last season in the main stand you couldn't hear yourself think because of how loud the music was
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 14:31   #9
Senior Member+

Jake, if you ever need,to take the day off, I am happy to stand in and do the PA

I look forward to reading out numerous classic posts from accyweb along to some jazz backing music
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 14:49   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Jake, if you ever need,to take the day off, I am happy to stand in and do the PA

I look forward to reading out numerous classic posts from accyweb along to some jazz backing music
For the love of god Jake don't take A day off
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 14:50   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
For the love of god Jake don't take A day off
seems davs after everyones job.
Old 10-10-2016, 15:13   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems davs after everyones job.
I think he should change his name to Yosser - "I can do that...gi'us a job".
Old 10-10-2016, 15:18   #13

Hi Jake the tannoy in the main stand towards the gazelle lounge is very low ,unable to hear any announcement,so a little more volume would be appreciated.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 21:02   #14

Please can you play "Sugar Baby Love" by the Rubettes as loud as possible? Thanks in advance.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 22:08   #15

On Saturday, if you will kindly play that classic pop hit - 'With my little stick of Blackpool Rock' by the master of mirth Mr George Formby, I promise to bring my ukulele.
:
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..