Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 08:45   #46

Re: Paddy Lacey

should we really pass too much of a harsh judgement on him anyway? He took some drugs like loads of people do. He compounded his error into a huge cock up - like most of us do occasionally, especially younger ones - because he's a footballer. It could have been me, could have been you, a son or a daughter.

Sounds like (unless Dav knows better) that the club had no choice but to sack him - if he's admitted his guilt. Depends how you judge these sorts of things but support and sympathy to accompany that would seem appropriate to me. He's lost his (relatively low paid) job. I imagine he may have worked hard at Stanley to try to break through, like many players do. Can't be a bed of roses being a fringe player at Stanley.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2017, 09:00   #47
Senior Member+

And the fact are ? Dav ?
I guess we've all got our contacts and the way I'm hearing it - no excuse.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:02   #48
I am Banned

There is no excuse for taking drugs, he had people at the club he could of confided in if he had any problems but no he goes and does something stupid and brings shame to the club, no sympathy for him
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:42   #49
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1193828]should we really pass too much of a harsh judgement on him anyway? He took some drugs like loads of people do

I'm not passing any judgement, just (as Davo would say) looking at the one fact that we know for sure.
If you employed him, Didders, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to you if your employees used drugs. But athletes and sportsmen and women risk losing their jobs and reputation if they get caught taking drugs. They know that, and they know they get tested. His employer has a clear standard. He failed to meet it. He was sacked. No judgement on the rights and wrongs of drug taking.

.... (unless Dav knows better)
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 14:16   #50

Yeah, they'd be sacked if it affected their work (although if someone had just said they'd had some coke at the weekend they wouldn't). They'd be sacked if we were a safety critical company or a football club.

But they would get my sympathy. We've all been young and daft, or old and daft. We've all made mistakes.

I'm not criticising the club in any way, and realise that some people see this entirely differently - but that's how I stand.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 16:03   #51
Senior Member+

Lord - you talk as though hes done it once and get caught.
That's not what is out there.
He's been on the gear.
See you later son.
Old 08-05-2017, 16:07   #52
Full Member+

I just hope he gets the help he needs, This curse of drugs has infiltrated all levels of people in all walks of life. The dealers should simply be shot. A young lad like Paddy will be scarred for life by this. He need to use his ban time wisely and take all the help available.
DAV007 likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 16:36   #53
God Member

Lots of people have problems, some can deal with them better than others - just read Billy's article on the fishy site, good on him for speaking out so frankly about what for some is a taboo subject.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 17:07   #54
Senior Member+

Good old Rodney.
Delighted he's finally come out about this which is the right thing to do.
Old 08-05-2017, 18:20   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well done Billy, that will help him come to terms with summat thats horrible to deal with.
Wynonie Harris and nige b like this.
Old 08-05-2017, 18:44   #56
Senior Member+

Well done Billy not the easiest thing to do especially as a footballer very courageous and great to see he's come out the other side just proves that the Paddy Lacey route is not necessarily required...nice one Billy!
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
Old 03-08-2017, 18:44   #57
Senior Member+

DAV007 - why did you defend him ?
Old 03-08-2017, 20:24   #58
Senior Member+

What do you know twenty eight?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 20:37   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What do you know twenty eight?
Everything, apparently.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..