Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2013, 19:52   #1
Senior Member+

Part Time

Does anyone know if the club would consider some part time playing staff?

it would appear some players are preferring to remain part time to bring in a full time salary.

I can understand the logic, becoming a full time footballer at the bottom of the ladder has risks where as a career brings a guaranteed income, has long term prospects, a pension and its worth mentioning some conference and conference north/south clubs are paying handsome part time wages.

I know Dagenham & Redbridge had a large portion of their squad part time in their first season in the football league.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2013, 22:30   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Part Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
its worth mentioning some conference and conference north/south clubs are paying handsome part time wages.
Can you tell us which clubs, please. And the precise wages being paid. Thanks.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 14:53   #3
Senior Member+

A recently promoted team to the conference are paying £500 for training twice a week and playing on saturday !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 14:56   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
A recently promoted team to the conference are paying £500 for training twice a week and playing on saturday !!
Bet they don't last long. no pit is bottomless.
football19 likes this.
Old 24-05-2013, 18:32   #5
Super Moderator

Loads of money, but players want FL appearances on their CV and managers want to see them as well!!

James Gray is a fine example of signing up for less to play in the FL.

He's got another contract and enhanced his international status
cashman, smobile, JIMSLAD and 1 others like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 16:56   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
its worth mentioning some conference and conference north/south clubs are paying handsome part time wages.
2nd request - for facts.

Can you tell us which clubs, please. And the precise wages being paid. Thanks.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 17:32   #7
Super Moderator

RR, whilst the information "interests" us all; I for one wouldn't want anybody's exact wages being disclosed in public.

However I know what you are getting at, lets have some facts rather than a few throw away comments!!

By the way it's a FL rule that the club has to be "full time" and certain key posts most be filled.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 14:32   #8

RR you have had your question half answered £500 for training twice and playing Saturdays. Does this statement mean that they get extra for midweek games? or do they need a job that gives them the time off to travel down south midweek. These figures have been shouted out since Chalky White managed Colne Dynamoes. Sure it is every lads wish to be known as a Pro Footballer but there will come a time when they get married, have a family and a mortgage then reality sets in. League 2 players will never get rich playing football, and some League 1 clubs have just realised that you cant pay out more than you are getting in. So enjoy it while you can ladsbut you all have a lot of living to do between 30/35 and 70 start planning now.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 15:09   #9
Senior Member+

Normally,the part-timers train two evenings a week and play saturdays.
Depending on the club,extra is paid/expenses for mid-week,but you have to book time off work.
I am sure our playing budget is around 500k,against the league two average of 1.2m,so its always going to be difficult,but you have to trade within your means,so they cant be critised.
Couple of lads at Acci have been completing there eufa b badges over the last few weeks,and all things being equal,could start on the coaching ladder whilst playing(academies at night and sunday games).
LTR is right and players should plan for the future as money is drying up down the leagues(unless you have a sugar daddy!!)
Old 28-05-2013, 15:15   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought i'd planned fer the future football19, Aint all its cracked up to be, I have just had me old age pension reduced, by a significant amount, fer the simple reason,i got a works pension. I would probably been better off,being a dolloper n never worked, would get everything going then.
Old 28-05-2013, 17:26   #11
Senior Member+

Take that on board cashy,change of career plan for me!!
Old 28-05-2013, 20:04   #12

Re: Re: Part Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I thought i'd planned fer the future football19, Aint all its cracked up to be, I have just had me old age pension reduced, by a significant amount, fer the simple reason,i got a works pension. I would probably been better off,being a dolloper n never worked, would get everything going then.
That why you've been such a grumpy ****** in the last few weeks?
cashman and lancsdave like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 20:33   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
That why you've been such a grumpy ****** in the last few weeks?
Last few weeks ? Where have you been all his life
MikeA likes this.
Old 29-05-2013, 14:14   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Would that be the same team Craig Lindfield has opted for ?
Old 29-05-2013, 14:29   #15

Something you wanna share Dave ?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..