Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2012, 10:26   #226

Re: Paul Cook

Sorry to be pedantic but not quite. He also took charge of the Rotherham game post Gillingham where we lost 1-0.

Also no Jimmy Hinksman in that list Macca?
Old 27-10-2012, 10:41   #227
God Member

although he had been confirmed as mnager for the Rotherham game it was stated at the time that Leam would choose the squad and take the game - its down as a Leam game on my stats, although as it makes his stats worse I'd be glad to change them!

as for Jimmy Hinksman, well spotted young man. I forgot that the first two seasons or so I haven't got proper stats as I cant find complete lists anywhere. Believe me I've tried but LFA haven't got them, FA haven't got them and the Accy Observer archives don't list every game due to the playing of many games in a short spaces of time owing to bad weather. I have a couple of leads still to follow up but its looking grim. Stats are complete from 73 onwards I think
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 12:14   #228
God Member

From the 'Telegraph'

Cook: I had to leave Accrington Stanley for my career (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 12:25   #229
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Excuse me i'm just goin to throw up.
Old 27-10-2012, 12:48   #230
Senior Member+

No protection for our players in the deal then.
Quote taken from The Lancs Telegraph
(((The Reds received a five-figure compensation deal for Cook, although it is understood the agreement does not include a clause preventing Stanley’s old boss from coming back for players in January.)))
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 12:53   #231
God Member

not arsed, if he wants them in January he'll have to pay dollar for them. If Leam gets us anywhere near early season form then we should be tying them up to extended deals anyway.

If Cook has gone there because he seriously thinks he can aim higher (double the budget etc) then his targets should reflect that. £100k you can have Boco, £200k you can have him and Podge. As a makeweight I'd throw Toto in.
Old 27-10-2012, 14:47   #232
Senior Member+

Radio Sheffield reckoned Cook would sit in the stand and leave Tommy Wright in charge for his last game. He has come down from the stand and has been shouting from the touchline.

Radio Sheffield speculated he was thereby taking ownership of the performance. When last I looked the opposition were having the lion's share of the possession.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 15:50   #233
Senior Member+

Chesterfield 0 Barnet 1

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 27-10-2012, 15:53   #234
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Chesterfield 0 Barnet 1
And Barnet bottom of the table too.
Old 27-10-2012, 15:55   #235
God Member

that'll do
Old 27-10-2012, 15:57   #236
Senior Member+

Full time Chesterfield 0 Barnet 1

Old 27-10-2012, 16:04   #237
God Member

That's Ironic, Cook leaves us when we are 16th in the table, and then puts Chesterfield in 16th after his first game.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 16:04   #238
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
that'll do
Quote:
Schadenfreude anyone ?
Old 27-10-2012, 16:11   #239

Well done Stanley and well done Barnet
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 16:20   #240
Full Member+

Quote:

The first step towards his P45 !!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..