Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2012, 19:21   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Paul Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the media is there to get the facts and relay them around in which ever way it sees fit, thats being done. Slagging off Rob Heys or anyone else for that matter is out of order - they've got better things to do at the moment that keep Accy Web up to speed - when there's summat to say maybe they'll say it? Robs only real crimes ever have been committed under amateur 'owners' when he has had both his hands and testicles tied as to which lies he can tell and which he cany deny - thats not his fault. His behaviour and work is pretty exemplorary considering what he has to work with so back off him.

As for Cook, sling yer hook
Finally a good post!...What would you like Rob Heys to do?...Update fishy site every 30 mins or get on with running a football club and get the best deal that suits the club?

Yes we all want to know whats going on etc but i'd rather wait until its a done deal...It will only lead to us asking more questions if we are fed little bits here and there!
Old 24-10-2012, 19:25   #77
Senior Member+

Heys couldent run a hot bath, never mind a professional club !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 19:43   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Heys couldent run a hot bath, never mind a professional club !
Smudgie, on most Stanley subjects what you have to say is interesting and thought-provoking. On the subject of Rob Heys, you spout mindless invective at the least (or in this case, no) provocation. Did he knock your pint over in the bar once or something?

You're aiming to be a reporter, aren't you? Try getting some balance into your output occasionally.

Only my opinion, as Cashy would doubtless say.
Old 24-10-2012, 19:46   #79
Senior Member+

Nope, im just sick to death of his mis-guided non-communication with us the FANS.
We play his bloody wages, he is supposed to be the CHIEF EXECUTIVE and yet, we hear yet again NOTHING from him.

Sick to death of the bloke and have been ever since the classic...........

"We are 9/10 of the way there"

Remember that one???

What a clown he is.

OUT !
Old 24-10-2012, 19:52   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Macca, thanks for the post and as ever, it is a commonsense one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't agree more Joe !!... and with all the practice that we've had shouldn't 'reading between the lines' come as an easy task for all Forum users ??.
We all know what is what and shouldn't really need any official utterances to confirm our beliefs, and knowing of the Club's tardiness relating to press releases ( Which I think, might have formed the basis of one or two threads in the past !) I'm again surprised that the absence of these where our Managers future is concerned should cause any dismay !!!..
He will go..... (sooner or later...! )
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:03   #81
God Member

Quote:
"We are 9/10 of the way there"
that was O'Neil, and he was a cock

Rob was the one who had to be talked out of re-mortgaging his house by Ilyas Khan.

Get a grip Lee, he might not be the worlds best C.E. but he does a good job of running the smalles FL club in the country. The club has been brought into the national disrepute spotlight by the likes of Coleman, Whalley, the players and The Don but not by him - he's the just the guy who has to mop up afterwards.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:05   #82
Senior Member+

Yet agreed to say it!??!?!

Sorry, blatant liar & a fool.

Get him out with Cook!
Old 24-10-2012, 20:09   #83

Firstly, Rob Heys does a great job.

The fact of the matter is that for the Clubs to be discussing a Compensation package there must have an official approach from Chesterfield. The club should have announced this.

To be honest, if he doesnt go, I'll call for his head. Avoided post match interviews the last two games, walks straight off after last night awful performance. His heart is not in the club.

This is OUR CLUB. No one is bigger than Accrington Stanley
Old 24-10-2012, 20:12   #84
God Member

and if O'Neil had said summat like ... Oh I don't know ... maybe ... "my brother has agreed to lend me the £100k that we need, so don't worry about it Rob we'll be reet" should Rob not have believed him?

O'Neils hand was on the tiller for those painful 8 weeks, not Robs - his job was tell the public where we were up to. O'Neil was charged with securing the cash, or agreeing the deal with ASSF to safeguard the club. or to tell the public that we were over 200K short and had no chance of finding it. O'Neil hung for what he did, Rob was given a new chance by the man who stumped up hundreds of thousands of pounds to save the club and IK knows better than anyone who did and said what at that time.
Old 24-10-2012, 20:15   #85
Senior Member+

100% Stanley. 100% Ilyas.

0% Cook & Heys !
Old 24-10-2012, 20:18   #86
God Member

time to change your username to Grudgie
Old 24-10-2012, 20:19   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Firstly, Rob Heys does a great job.

The fact of the matter is that for the Clubs to be discussing a Compensation package there must have an official approach from Chesterfield. The club should have announced this.

To be honest, if he doesnt go, I'll call for his head. Avoided post match interviews the last two games, walks straight off after last night awful performance. His heart is not in the club.

This is OUR CLUB. No one is bigger than Accrington Stanley
First i wouldn't say a great job, but he sure does his best "fact" The rest is fine wi me, Another Fact to me is Rob Heys aint crapping on us or the club Cook is simple as. Whilst i feel the club could have said summat no doubt, Still no reason fer any venom in any other direction to me.
Old 24-10-2012, 20:28   #88
God Member

Quote:
100% Stanley. 100% Ilyas.

0% Cook & Heys !
100% clueless smudgie

I will always have faith in a man who is a fan to run our club, like others have said drop the grudge Rob Heys is and always will be the right man for asfc

Seems strange that Cooky is leaving but wish him luck and we will move on as a club, the accy roller coaster continues, enjoy the ride ;-)
Old 24-10-2012, 20:33   #89

smudgies having a mare tonight
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:34   #90
Senior Member+

You have youre opinion, I have mine. Simple.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..