Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2012, 21:44   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Paul Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We have been betrayed. What a pathetic coward of a man he has turned out to be. Don't know how he can sleep tonight.
On, Stanley, on!!
Spot on mate.
Old 24-10-2012, 21:45   #107

Is cook the reason Bryan Hughes didn't sign up? Is cook the reason Phil hackney left, is cook the reason hatch and hopper cancelled their contracts due to loan players walking into the squad? Is cook the reason that energy prices keep going up above inflation?

Ignore the last one, getting carried away!
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:55   #108
Junior Member+

Look at the turnover of non-playing staff and playing staff, since Cook took the reins! All to no avail. Questions must be asked! Why did the board change their minds so quickly after stating that Leam Richardson, Phil Hackney and Bryan Hughes would be given time as there was no immediate need to replace JC and JB? The Club were on the fringes of the play offs when Cook arrived!! His man management skills must be under question as well considering the way he has handled staff.
ASFCRed56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:58   #109
Senior Member+

On a positve note Chesterfield think they have signed the drummer from the Sex Pistols with Steve Jones Glen Matlock and Johnny Rotten to follow as his backroom staff. Which should Leam with us!
Old 24-10-2012, 21:58   #110

He's gone.

Forget his 8month uneventful reign!

It all about the future now.
Old 24-10-2012, 21:59   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It leads me to think they were well conned. n thats not intended as a reflection on em.
Old 24-10-2012, 22:02   #112

Sacked by Southport,
Walked out on Sligo,
Walked out on Stanley mid-season

Says it all.

Just hope it reads sacked by Chesterfield in a few months time.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:05   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It leads me to think they were well conned. n thats not intended as a reflection on em.
I think we were conned, can you explain that after the Chesterfield game we have capitulated and therefore lost games. good luck he is going to need it
Old 24-10-2012, 22:08   #114
Super Moderator

Good riddance to Judas Cook. Well shot of him.
Old 24-10-2012, 22:12   #115

Talking Re: Paul Cook

Happy said after york game we need to get rid. Wel sold to chesterfield. Send all poooo lones bk too
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:45   #116

Unhappy Re: Paul Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
On a positve note Chesterfield think they have signed the drummer from the Sex Pistols with Steve Jones Glen Matlock and Johnny Rotten to follow as his backroom staff.
"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?”
Old 24-10-2012, 22:47   #117
God Member

why would they want a drummer when they got Tommy Lee?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:49   #118

What I don,t understand about all this is why Chesterfield would be prepared to pay out compo on a manager with a contract who,s only claim to fame is to lead a team in Ireland to sucess in what every year is only a two horse race, has had a stab at conference footie and failed and has not really set the world on fire at Accy.
Apart from him being a reasonably nice approachable chap what on earth do Chesterfield think they have got it,s absolutely beyond me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with some of the name,s on the footie managers out of work list i would have thought that there was somebody on it that would have suited there league one aspirations better and they could have got him for nowt.

Anyways onwards and upwards on the roller coaster that is stanley, back Leam to the hilt and get Phil back as no2 and the mighty reds will rise again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by stanley convert; 24-10-2012 at 22:58.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:52   #119
Full Member+

Well that's that then. The galling thing to me ........is that we paid Sligo compensation to secure his services!!!

If you apply for a job in other walks of life, any prospective employer will look at a candidate and often, if the employer thinks the candidate will walk out of the job he's interviewed for, for something better at the first available chance, the candidate won't be offered the job in the first place!!!

Admittedly the club probably wasn't to know Cook was going to do this, no doubt we'll get the same old line of "we didn't want to stand in his way " but Cook has shown total disregard and disrespect to A.S.F.C. and more importantly the fans of this club.

A few weeks ago, I was singing Cook's praises, saying how refreshing his approach to management was. Now, like many others, I've got the sick taste of betrayal upon my lips.

I don't think Cook will be getting anywhere near the same welcome Coley got the other week when he shows up at the Crown in the new year with his new employers.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:57   #120
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
What I don,t understand about all this is why Chesterfield would be prepared to pay out compo on a manager with a contract who,s only claim to fame is to lead a team in Ireland in what every year is only a two horse race, has had a stab at conference footie and failed and has not really set the world on fire at Accy.
Apart from him being a reasonably nice approachable chap what on earth do Chesterfield think they have got it,s absolutely beyond me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably they think they got a prospect on the cheap? Which will still be a fair bit more than we can pay, Which they may well have a prospect i have little doubt about that, Thing is though they also got a snake, who will slither away as soon as someone bigger n them wi more silver appears.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..