Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2012, 22:57   #121

Re: Paul Cook

Been Reading the Chesterfield message boards and to say the fans are totally underwhelmed is an understatement.

He's up against it before he starts - Steve kean mkII
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2012, 22:57   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
why would they want a drummer when they got Tommy Lee?
Think they are going for the Adam and the Ants Burundi Drum formation which leaves a lot at the back with a single front man!
Old 24-10-2012, 22:59   #123
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I sincerely hope so!
Old 24-10-2012, 23:06   #124

Never gonna get any answers to this one so aint gonna loose any sleep over it but to my way of thinking this is connected to something much more deep rooted within the club.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 23:10   #125
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Well that's that then. The galling thing to me ........is that we paid Sligo compensation to secure his services!!!

If you apply for a job in other walks of life, any prospective employer will look at a candidate and often, if the employer thinks the candidate will walk out of the job he's interviewed for, for something better at the first available chance, the candidate won't be offered the job in the first place!!!

Admittedly the club probably wasn't to know Cook was going to do this, no doubt we'll get the same old line of "we didn't want to stand in his way " but Cook has shown total disregard and disrespect to A.S.F.C. and more importantly the fans of this club.

A few weeks ago, I was singing Cook's praises, saying how refreshing his approach to management was. Now, like many others, I've got the sick taste of betrayal upon my lips.

I don't think Cook will be getting anywhere near the same welcome Coley got the other week when he shows up at the Crown in the new year with his new employers.
I came over with my son the last time we played at your place and I have to be honest I loved your ground.
The whole mentality of football now is "get as much money in as possible, sod the fans". I used to love our old Saltergate ground simply because when we were there the club knew that they needed us, would treat us with a bit of respect.
Then we moved to the B2net/Proact stadium and us supporters were just people who were invited to the party, then after a while it felt like we were gatecrashers at the party.
Its not as much fun now as it was when we were at Saltergate.
What I'm saying is this.
When we went to yours it was a really good atmosphere inside that ground, you had your chants, you went two nil up and made a real fist of the match which added to the atmosphere. My lad proper enjoyed it.
Don't lose that atmosphere just because you had a manager that (to be fair) has messed you about. OK, give him some stick but don't forget that there's gonna be blokes with there sons in the away end so please don't make the atmosphere a hostile one because you have a fantastic little ground there, proper friendly.
Metallilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 23:12   #126

Makes you wonder who bought him that pint after the Chesterfield game he was banging on about!
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 23:12   #127

Job for u stanley convert
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 23:17   #128
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Been Reading the Chesterfield message boards and to say the fans are totally underwhelmed is an understatement.

I hope not, but then again some of the people who go to the matches are REALLY, REALLY hard to please.
Look at John Sheridan, wins two trophies in two seasons and gets hounded out of the club because we were relegated with three games left of the season.
Gotta hope that if Paul Cook hits the ground running its gonna be like Bolt cos if not then he's got a long long 2.5 yrs ahead of him.
Metallilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 05:27   #129
God Member

Just goes to show how fickle football can be we have been fortunate until this last year of having a settled managerial hot seat then we have a turnover of managers. The Board took a chance with Paul Cook with no real track record in the FL and now he has moved on no real bitterness from me we were on a shocking run.

Time for the Board to take stock no real rush to appoint full time unless it can be agreed to move Leam up to number one which would make perfect sense.

Leam knows the players has the respect of the fans and would give stability straight away, we move on to Saturday with a clean slate for everybody and a chance to put three points on the Board.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 25-10-2012 at 05:29.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 07:16   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

I don't think Cook will be getting anywhere near the same welcome Coley got the other week when he shows up at the Crown in the new year with his new employers.
I never boo at the Crown but I might not be able to stop myself!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 07:29   #131
God Member

I hold my hands up, there was me yesterday morning defending Cook & asking folk to give him time, well he obviously wasn't prepared to offer us that courtesy which to my mind is a smack in the face to Stanley after they gave him the chance to get back into English football management, we always knew we'd be a stepping stone for him but I don't think anyone thought he'd abandon ship at the first opportunity - what happened to wanting to mould his own team - obviously a crock of bull!
Not gonna lose any sleep over him going, just hope he doesn't take Leam or any of our players with him - put Leam back in charge at least till the end of the season & see where we are then.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 08:07   #132

I think him leaving will be a good move for all parties.

Stanley are on a poor trot and they get to change direction without paying compensation to a manager they may have eventually had to sack and indeed get some compensation.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 08:17   #133

PS

Accy Observer running it as he has gone

Paul Cook leaves Accrington Stanley to become Chesterfield's new manager | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 08:24   #134

Going back to the fans forum he held and the questions asked.

1/ Do you see Dean Winnard as a full back or centrehalf - PC 'a centre half,I like my full backs to get forward'??

2/ Loan players - PC 'looking to sign players for the nucleus of the side,loans just to come in to cover injury/suspensions'??

3/Iain Dunbavin as your no.1 ,said very little,other than he had his limitations.

4/We need to be more physical,and a bigger side - Pierre Mingoia signs on loan

We have no recognised right back at the club,presumably signed Lewis Hatch - released.
Old 25-10-2012, 08:29   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Just goes to show how fickle football can be we have been fortunate until this last year of having a settled managerial hot seat then we have a turnover of managers. The Board took a chance with Paul Cook with no real track record in the FL and now he has moved on no real bitterness from me we were on a shocking run.

Time for the Board to take stock no real rush to appoint full time unless it can be agreed to move Leam up to number one which would make perfect sense.

Leam knows the players has the respect of the fans and would give stability straight away, we move on to Saturday with a clean slate for everybody and a chance to put three points on the Board.
Well i am bitter mate,Shocking run or not, The mans a snake n has crapped on our club simple as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..