Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2017, 16:28   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Paul Cook at Portsmouth

Best post ive read for a while Carpon .
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2017, 09:04   #17
God Member

Should that day arise......don't expect me to feel any sympathy for Cook.[/QUOTE]

once a snake always a snake. a viper in our midth.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 13:41   #18
Senior Member+

From a football point of view I have always been a fan .
He encourages lads to play without fear and at most clubs he's had success.
Don't know him as a person,but from the outside he seems to have great believe in his football views.
He always speaks highly of Acci,and never once put them down,so I wish him every success,except when they play us.
DAV007 and winstanley asfc like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 16:59   #19
Senior Member+

Football19 - a true gent.

And don't forget, it takes one to know one!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 17:01   #20
God Member

Don't know about never putting Accy down F19, his behaviour when we signed Rommy after Portsmouth released him was like a child who'd had their toys taken off them - sulking & refusing to acknowledge Coley or Jimmy who he was supposedly great friends with.
In my mind he's not a genuine person, he spouts the same old cliches he always has in interviews - basically he barged his way into the Stanley job, dropping Sligo at the drop of a hat on the way - only to scarper at the first opportunity when the going got a bit rocky then did the same at Chesterfield, I know managers & players move on but there are ways to do it, behave with decorum & show some respect for the club which gave the opportunity to work in English league football - Cook did none of this & as a result I have zero respect for him
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 17:44   #21
Senior Member+

Chesterfield was a big step up from Accy.

New stadium, money to spend, league 1.

It made perfect sense
Old 20-04-2017, 18:11   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chesterfield was a big step up from Accy.

New stadium, money to spend, league 1.

It made perfect sense
But less stable, Chesterfield can't afford a pot to p**s in currently
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 18:32   #23
Senior Member+

St06nc2
With due respect to your post, Paul cook is a football manager, not mystic meg
Old 20-04-2017, 18:36   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
St06nc2
With due respect to your post, Paul cook is a football manager, not mystic meg
Dav with due respect to you Cook is a Snake.
Old 20-04-2017, 18:58   #25
Senior Member+

I know everyone has their opinions, and I love The way Coleys teams play,but I don't think him and Jimmy aren't on Liam and Cookys xmas card list !!! And there lies the issue,it's not with Accy lol
Old 20-04-2017, 19:20   #26
God Member

Cook chose to build a team based on youth and energy. After the transfer window closed he bogged off and left us with an inexperienced team and an inexperienced manager - its surprising we didnt go down that year.

Worse record than Leighton James

Speaks in 3 different accents and inaudibler (not a word but making an exception for him) than Coleman

Thats enough reasons
AccyMad, Kiwi John and Leylandii like this.
Old 21-04-2017, 07:49   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Don't know about never putting Accy down F19, his behaviour when we signed Rommy after Portsmouth released him was like a child who'd had their toys taken off them - sulking & refusing to acknowledge Coley or Jimmy who he was supposedly great friends with.
In my mind he's not a genuine person, he spouts the same old cliches he always has in interviews - basically he barged his way into the Stanley job, dropping Sligo at the drop of a hat on the way - only to scarper at the first opportunity when the going got a bit rocky then did the same at Chesterfield, I know managers & players move on but there are ways to do it, behave with decorum & show some respect for the club which gave the opportunity to work in English league football - Cook did none of this & as a result I have zero respect for him
On 20 October 2012, Stanley lost 0 - 5 at Oxford. His general demeanour and behaviour at that game were despicable - he seemed to think that it was all a joke. Five days later,
he left the club. I rest my case.
AccyMad, smudgie, cashman and 3 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 15:38   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
On 20 October 2012, Stanley lost 0 - 5 at Oxford. His general demeanour and behaviour at that game were despicable - he seemed to think that it was all a joke. Five days later,
he left the club. I rest my case.

I was there that day. It should have been 10-0 if my memory is correct! One of bav's best performances in a stanley shirt along with Morecambe away.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 18:52   #29
God Member

Mrs Exile and I were also at that Oxford game; first and only time we walked out early so embarrassing was Stanley's performance. And it came a few days after an equally appalling display at Torquay.
What stuck in our memory was that we sat just behind a gaggle of Scousers, some of the youths fully decked out in Stanley training kit, who we presumed may have had some family relationship with the then manager. They seemed to think the whole match and Stanley's abysmal performance was something of a joke. Believe me, they were the only people sitting with the Stanley fans who found anything to laugh about that day. Perhaps they knew something at the time that the rest of us didn't but which we discovered a few days later.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 22:36   #30
Senior Member+

I too was there !!,awful performance,but upto that game didn't we have the second best defensive record in the league ?
Think Cooky realised he didn't have the players to play the expansive game he loves !!!
RR can't complain,I am sure I gave him a feeble ticket so he never paid !

« Fgr | Shay McCartan »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..