Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2021, 16:35   #91
God Member

Re: Peterborough away thread.

One consolation is that, despite the score line, Sky Sports web site ‘highlights’ will still probably only last for 1:52 minutes.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2021, 16:39   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Rubbish.
So Josh’s comments are rubbish but when youre confronted on what you said you come out with the most ridiculous defence (a bit like ours today) that Ive ever heard.
I give up
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 16:58   #93
Full Member+

Its hard, but irrelevant of the poor result I am trying to look on the bright side and think how lucky we are to have a league football Club and a Chairman who cares. Onwards and upwards to the next game.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 17:23   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
for one who was a teacher coleman cant count posh used 5 why not us
obviously he does know how to count so i was wrong also knows the rules bet he thinks they are daft also?
keep the faith likes this.
Old 27-03-2021, 17:33   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
So Josh’s comments are rubbish but when youre confronted on what you said you come out with the most ridiculous defence (a bit like ours today) that Ive ever heard.
I give up
Good you giving up most positive post today..
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 17:42   #96
Full Member+

Quote:
And this is why Andy I think you don’t quite understand even what you are saying.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 17:52   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
And this is why Andy I think you don’t quite understand even what you are saying.
Like you yourself said deluded but I have thouraly enjoyed the thread this afternoon far more entertaining than the game and a bit of fun to relieve the boredom of lockdown, and just listened to Coley who praised Posh couldn't believe another 4 injuries refused to hide behind injury,s and even though well beat spoke up for the squad saying he believes we will have league 1 football again next season a hell of an achievement for Stanley well said John welcome to the old deluded club.��
Old 27-03-2021, 18:47   #98
Full Member+

I have to agree with you andy, I've just watched Coley's after match interview and I think that it great that he didn't hide behind our injuries and was honest in his summary overall and praised Peterboro and how well they played also he wasn't critical of any of our side who must be feeling very down at the moment and need encouragement and not a brow beating.
MikeA and andyd like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 19:32   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Incredible.
Keep turning it Andy.
You said what you did live with it.
You join a long line of other posters who cant deal with the truth and who looked for my demise.
What I have learnt as before is to not walk away - keep challenging.
Old 27-03-2021, 20:22   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I have to agree with you andy, I've just watched Coley's after match interview and I think that it great that he didn't hide behind our injuries and was honest in his summary overall and praised Peterboro and how well they played also he wasn't critical of any of our side who must be feeling very down at the moment and need encouragement and not a brow beating.
Thanks.
Old 27-03-2021, 20:30   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
Pifco - just to clarify.
You agree with Andy’s comment that the lads out injured - Baxter Sykes Pritchard Conneely Bishop Charles - wouldn't have made any difference ?
Old 27-03-2021, 20:43   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Pifco - just to clarify.
You agree with Andy’s comment that the lads out injured - Baxter Sykes Pritchard Conneely Bishop Charles - wouldn't have made any difference ?
Also early season losses of Sangare, Kaba Sherif and Sama and more recently Uwakwe all who played a few games each before injury! That makes nine longer term injuries by my counting. Do correct me if I am wrong. Could be adding another one or two after today? Don’t forget that we were without Sean Mac for the early part of the season too!
andyd likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2021, 20:59   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Also early season losses of Sangare, Kaba Sherif and Sama and more recently Uwakwe all who played a few games each before injury! That makes nine longer term injuries by my counting. Do correct me if I am wrong. Could be adding another one or two after today? Don’t forget that we were without Sean Mac for the early part of the season too!
All adding up Choirboy probably one of the worst injury crisis we have had in recent years, which makes in my mind and others it's irrelevant thinking would the result today or any game be different if you had your " best 11 "" available who by the way don't always win, it's testiment yet again to Coley and co to assembly a squad on limited resources to achieve 53 points and possibly a few more yet this season, beaten today by a side who got gifted 2 early goals got their tails up and gave us a football lesson. We learn hopefully and move on patching up the wounded and give it our best shot.
Old 27-03-2021, 21:06   #104
God Member

Football throws up a lot of interesting debates on any clubs forums, you get teams with their "best" players in on a losing streak and fans screaming for change give so and so a chance, never please all of the people all of the time that's what makes the game so great. Great fun on here the debates are lively and varied but I never take them to seriously after all it's just the beautiful game.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 27-03-2021, 21:06   #105
Senior Member+

You are unbelievable Andy so lets give you the chance to put things right.
Do you stand by your comment that all the players missing today - Baxter Sykes Conneely Pritchard Bishop Charles wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference ?
No waffle - the answer is yes or no.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..