Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2021, 17:22   #121
God Member

Re: Peterborough away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Twenty Eight, I'm sure you're right about many things, but I doubt I'm alone in getting really p'd off with your apparent need to have a snipe at every post Andy makes.

Just give it a rest, please!
Thanks can't always be right it's called having an opinion like Piers Morgan who resigned because some did,nt agree with it , clocks moved forward like me this morning.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2021, 19:21   #122
Senior Member+

Don’t post as much as previous years,but can someone remind me what league we are in and how many points we have !!!
Unbelievable effort from everyone at the the club .
Losing class players every year and still progressing!!,couldn’t work it out ten years ago and still struggling today!!
Results like this happen,and Coley will look for a response,but playing twice a week eventually catches you up and even more so with injuries to key players.
Still recall the squad not being paid for four months and still nearly making the play offs !!!,that’s what Accis all about,people should have a head wobble and enjoy the ride
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 19:56   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Don’t post as much as previous years,but can someone remind me what league we are in and how many points we have !!!
Unbelievable effort from everyone at the the club .
Losing class players every year and still progressing!!,couldn’t work it out ten years ago and still struggling today!!
Results like this happen,and Coley will look for a response,but playing twice a week eventually catches you up and even more so with injuries to key players.
Still recall the squad not being paid for four months and still nearly making the play offs !!!,that’s what Accis all about,people should have a head wobble and enjoy the ride
Work on the new bar and facilities in main stand starting this week, more upgrade,s to the pitch to come, training ground lease agreed, Coley and Andy Holt discussed potential transfer targets yesterday and still on page one in league 1 Dave Burgess,s words today what a club continuing in the right direction long may it continue home Good Friday here,s to 3 points.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-03-2021, 22:03   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Do you stand by your comment that all the players missing today - Baxter Sykes Conneely Pritchard Bishop Charles wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference ?
No waffle - the answer is yes or no.
Sorry Twenty Eight. The answer is not "yes or no". It is "they may have done - or they may not". We will never know.
AccyMad, cashman, andyd and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 09:58   #125
God Member

one thing about this thread is unlike a lot of clubs messageboards at least we are realistic about the defeat. on some they,d want their chairman out, manager sacked and have a mafia type hit on certain players. doubt anyone connected with either club on saturday expected the result in the same way as the bristol rovers and bolton scores were. it what makes people fans and players players. we,d get bored equally if we won easily every week as we would getting hammered the same.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 10:09   #126
God Member

Peterborough also have a habit of scoring plenty of goals against us at home December 2018 we lost 0-4 to me as bad if not worse than being beaten away lineup that day wasn't bad:-
Ripley.
Johnson. Ihiekwe. Hughes. Anderson.
Clarke. Conneelly. Finley. Barlaser. McConville.
Kee.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 30-03-2021, 11:14   #127
God Member

In 10 league meeting,s with Peterborough aggregate score is 33-10 in Posh,s favour that's an aggregate of 3.3 goals to 1 to them quite a poor statistic for us.
Old 30-03-2021, 17:31   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
In 10 league meeting,s with Peterborough aggregate score is 33-10 in Posh,s favour that's an aggregate of 3.3 goals to 1 to them quite a poor statistic for us.
It's even worse if you just look at away matches!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 18:32   #129
Full Member+

Good job it’s only 3 points for a win and none for a loss.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 19:04   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry Twenty Eight. The answer is not "yes or no". It is "they may have done - or they may not". We will never know.
RR !.. I know a clairvoyant who might, and I mean might, just be able to help us to discover the truth behind all this surmising. But she's not operating at the moment due to unforseen circumstances !.
As to Saturday's game I think we can safely say that whoever plays for the Reds.. with or without our ' Number Ones '.. they might win or they might not !...

It's medication time !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 07:44   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
RR !.. I know a clairvoyant who might, and I mean might, just be able to help us to discover the truth behind all this surmising. But she's not operating at the moment due to unforseen circumstances !.
As to Saturday's game I think we can safely say that whoever plays for the Reds.. with or without our ' Number Ones '.. they might win or they might not !...

It's medication time !.
Think I can categorically say that our boys will most definitely not win on Saturday, but neither will they lose or even draw - however, what the result will be on Friday is anybody's guess
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 08:32   #132
God Member

this is sounding like a john hollins post match interview i always remember from years ago. it went something like, if we score more than them we,d have won, if they scored more than us we,d have lost. as they scored the same number as us we managed a draw.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 12:38   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Think I can categorically say that our boys will most definitely not win on Saturday, but neither will they lose or even draw - however, what the result will be on Friday is anybody's guess
Well, there you go Di !.. I would like to say ' just testing '.. but in all honesty I just cannot prevaricate in such distinguished company !.
So it's enough to say that this reply was just another example of me rambling away in my dotage again !.

Ah well ......
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 15:42   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Well, there you go Di !.. I would like to say ' just testing '.. but in all honesty I just cannot prevaricate in such distinguished company !.
So it's enough to say that this reply was just another example of me rambling away in my dotage again !.

Ah well ......
Don't worry about it Alan, it's those damned bank holidays messing everything up
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..