Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2020, 22:42   #31
God Member

Re: Peterborough thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Cheers Andy, can’t please everyone. Any suggestions for next game?
Some Northern soul bit of Tamla Motown some David Bowie Roxy Music anything from the 70,s but your doing a sterling job like you say can't please everyone, on to the game very pleased with the performance midfield miles better already than last season early days but have to be pleased beating that lot. Reduced them to limited chances Butcher grew into the game Conneelly grafted, Sangare looking the part front 2 worked their socks off all 11 players did well plus the subs.
keep the faith likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2020, 06:55   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Ralph Vaughan Williams.... The Lark Ascending please!
Were you just watching Nicola Benedetti?
choirboy likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 07:15   #33
God Member

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1244520 ifollow is pretty poor with the one camera and Clayton end looking a mile away for one of the corners.[/QUOTE]

i acyually enjoyed the coverage and much prefer dan and sean to some of the crap you hear on normal tv. not a big sports watcher on tele but it was better than i expected to be honest. watched the stocksbridge v stalybridge cup game earlier and the constant references to jamie vardy was what you,d expect from the BBC. doubt anyone bothering to watch a game like that knew vardy started his adult football at stocksbridge.
MikeA, cashman, pifco and 2 others like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 07:20   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
have to say that defence is best ive seen up stanley and attack aint bad either.
plus 2 memorable goals to win the game. pity we were not all there to see it live as i tmagine the match would have been even more exciting. a stanley victory with no passengers in the side plus coley making subs before the opposition. is this the start of a new revolution.
cashman, yonmon, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Old 13-09-2020, 08:19   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Were you just watching Nicola Benedetti?
No Mike. It is one of my favourite pieces which I often go to bed listening to!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 08:30   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i acyually enjoyed the coverage and much prefer dan and sean to some of the crap you hear on normal tv. not a big sports watcher on tele but it was better than i expected to be honest. watched the stocksbridge v stalybridge cup game earlier and the constant references to jamie vardy was what you,d expect from the BBC. doubt anyone bothering to watch a game like that knew vardy started his adult football at stocksbridge.
My first time watching on I follow and I thought the coverage was very good considering there was only one camera. Although it would have been great to see Dion’s goal from several angles as it was an absolute cracker! I thought that Dan and Sean did a super job on the commentary with their inside knowledge giving some excellent insights into the players and tactics. Have to say that the post match interviews so far this season have been much better. I think the use of the big microphone with the foam wind baffle over it and mounted on a stand gives a much better quality and consistency of sound!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 09:47   #37
God Member

Just going back to yesterday I thought we looked fitter and sharper than Peterborough and worked a lot harder over the 90 minutes, will be some big tests to come but with maybe another couple of additions could surprise a few this season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 10:07   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Just going back to yesterday I thought we looked fitter and sharper than Peterborough and worked a lot harder over the 90 minutes, will be some big tests to come but with maybe another couple of additions could surprise a few this season.
know its only one game and one win but who forecasted a wycome promotion last year.
Old 13-09-2020, 10:14   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
48:20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...t-of-the-proms
Old 13-09-2020, 10:54   #40

I quite liked The Housemartins, "Happy Hour Again" at the end.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 10:55   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

stones dont prattle on like that, about 40 seconds intro then on with the music.
Old 13-09-2020, 12:30   #42

If yesterday proved anything - it's that all that really matters in football are GOALS!
Just ask Leeds, who managed to bang 3 in away against the Premier Champs & still ended up losing the game.
The Posh may have arrived as classy promotion contenders & bossed possession, but howitzers from Prince Charles & Chelsea anagram Tariq 'Wakey-Wakey! ensured the perennial relegation favourites had the last laugh.
How delightful to see both our goals included in the top six 'pile-drivers' highlighted by Quest EFL show last night.
Apart from the 3 points, yesterday must have given our boys a massive confidence boost following on from the Leeds Schoolboy massacre.
After dispatching Posh & keeping a clean sheet, why should we fear anyone?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 13:52   #43

Three points on the board, another 47 needed for safety....😉
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 14:58   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
How delightful to see both our goals included in the top six 'pile-drivers' highlighted by Quest EFL show last night.
55:20, 1:01:20 and 1:32:40: https://www.dplay.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest/video/efl-on-quest-120920/EHD_325752C
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 14-09-2020, 16:13   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:

My lark has descended Bob !.. Now at bedtime I listen to ‘ Kitten on the Keys ‘
by Depussy!.

Cue some one posting ‘ what’s this got to do w’it Stanley '
MikeA likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..