Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2004, 14:00   #1
Super Moderator

Petkovic denied work permit.

It's official, Jason Petkovic has been refused a work permit. Apparently, permits are only given to internationals if they are to sign for premiership or league clubs. But they're not given to players who want to sign for non-league clubs, even if they're full-time. What a complete and utter disgrace.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2004, 14:06   #2
Member.

Re: Petkovic denied work permit.

I agree, its bias on a grand scale.....What are you going to do about it...
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 14:13   #3
Super Moderator

The club are planning to take it up with the authorities. Surely, this is a matter which Hyndburn's MP could get involved in? Or maybe Jack Straw could pull a few strings?
Old 20-07-2004, 14:21   #4
Member.

Jack Straw couldn't pull a flag edge fairy on Blackburn road.......But the local should be asked his opinion and than asked to do something about the constent injustice of these issues....
Old 20-07-2004, 14:37   #5

Maybe Petkovic could apply for asylum? His name is obviously Balkan, and I'm sure he would be looked upon more favourably!

It's a pity really, different if he didn't have a job or a sponsor. Besides it wouldn't be for ever. And I'm not sure Pope or Straw are interested, as it wouldn't get them anwhere politically.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 14:44   #6
Super Moderator

I've just emailed Greg Pope asking him to help. He can be reached on [email protected]

Come on, everybody, get emailing.
Old 20-07-2004, 14:56   #7
Member.

Will help. Good Luck Wynonie Harris.
Old 20-07-2004, 15:09   #8
Super Moderator

Cheers, Doug, don't forget to email him!
Old 20-07-2004, 15:14   #9
Full Member+

I can't believe it has taken FOUR WEEKS for the Home Office to inform the Club of this technicality. This should have been done straight away
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 15:48   #10
Senior Member+

How do all the Aussies that are in London get in and get jobs, go to any pub around Earls Court and its like little sydney. Can't we just forget about the home office, tell him to come as a student get a job in a bar or talking to animals or what ever Aussies do then make his way to Accy change his name to Smith or something and hey presto we have a goal keeper.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 15:52   #11
Super Moderator

Just received a reply to my email from Greg Pope. He says: "Thanks for your e-mail. I very much agree with you about this and certainly feel that this rule should be overturned. However, I can't take up the specifics of Jason's case unless he (or the club) ask me to.

I'm very pleased that Stanley have now gone fully professional and let's hope they have a great season."

So, Eric and co, it's over to you!
Old 20-07-2004, 16:43   #12
God Member

I can't understand the logic behind this decision. In cricket, for instance, sports visa's are issued to those playing at both county and local (i.e. Lancashire League) level. The only condition to the sports visa is that the player (or coach) should have represented his country, which Petrovic has. If it is correct that only footy visas are granted to those playing for premiership & league clubs then a serious re-think is needed at the Home Office Immigration Dept.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 17:18   #13
Member.

"However, I can't take up the specifics of Jason's case unless he (or the club) ask me to".

There's your anwser Wynonie Harris, now lets see what the club does. Excellent bit of work...Wynonie Harris.
Old 20-07-2004, 22:01   #14
Senior Member+

I'm very pleased that Stanley have now gone fully professional and let's hope they have a great season."

and i will second that one
Old 20-07-2004, 22:04   #15
Senior Member+

This is a BIG kick in the guts for us Stanley fans
Could somehow see it coming though

Lets hope The club can change things
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..