Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2017, 08:15   #46
God Member

Re: Pies

This year they have very few "local" away games

they don,t have any real local away games. seems once you,re a carlisle fan you have to be prepared to travel and they are. good train links and the M6 does really help plus they seem to have more than the average number of exciles.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2017, 11:35   #47

Perhaps it has more to do with the unfortunate remarks Coley made after Brunton Park was flooded & they were given permission to use Bloomfield Rd to complete their fixtures.
It coincided with several of our own games being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch & Coley felt they were given preferential treatment.
Naturally, it didn't go down well in Carlisle after their players helped in the flood disaster relief.
Perhaps they felt they owed Blackpool a debt of gratitude.
Some folk have long memories!
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Lord Stiffupperlip; 30-07-2017 at 11:37.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 12:06   #48
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1198324]Perhaps it has more to do with the unfortunate remarks Coley made after Brunton Park was flooded & they were given permission to use Bloomfield Rd to complete their fixtures.
It coincided with several of our own games being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch & Coley felt they were given preferential treatment.

think you are correct there. they certainly had it in for coley after that and don,t think they hold us and our club in high esteem due to it.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:25   #49

Youre both right Coleys unfortunate remarks were taken the wrong way by a number of fans but i dont think either that or owing Blackpool a debt for letting them use BR for the cup game against Yeovil has anything to do with the low figures that come to Accy compared to other NW grounds.

In fact a lot of fans have a soft spot for the Accy fans after the day the Ultras came to BP after the previous floods with the big Banner and all the inflatables etc.

The truth is that they consider 20 quid to sit in the cramped Whinney hill seats with no proper facilities is a Joke in this day and age.

Secondly the catering is seen as a big issue both on quality and price and believe me they are experts on crap overpriced food given what they have to put up with at Brunton Park for the last 20 years.

Finally what ****es them of is the Loyalty card issue which is seen as a way of getting around charging away fans more than home ones for what amounts to considerably interior facilities.

Being stuck where i am in the middle i can see both sides points on most of the issues above but what disappoints me is that Stanley could double the amount of fans who would travel for the game if they just made a little effort and if they could do it against Carlisle you never know similar effort with other teams might just pay similar bonuses just think back to Blackpool last season and the 800 they brought to Accy wasnt much more than a third of what they took to Morecambe for a journey of a similar distance but one thats a lot easier both by car and definitely by train.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 08:12   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me theres a lot of Common Sense in that post Northern Soul.!
Chrisr likes this.
Old 31-07-2017, 09:02   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me theres a lot of Common Sense in that post Northern Soul.!
can,t have common sense on here. the season is less than a week away now.
Old 31-07-2017, 09:50   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
can,t have common sense on here. the season is less than a week away now.
Makes up the balance for some of the comments on other threads though . . . . . . . I'll get me coat
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 10:16   #53
Senior Member+

While northern soul makes some good points junta, I would add - it's fairly common for away fans to get a worse deal in terms of price and facilities than home fans although that doesn't make it right.
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 10:37   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
While northern soul makes some good points junta, I would add - it's fairly common for away fans to get a worse deal in terms of price and facilities than home fans although that doesn't make it right.
due to segregation you,re usually stuck at one end of the ground or in a corner with a poor view. thankfully we don,t play york or stockport anymore as these are two of the main culprits. hopefully we,ll not be useing the open away end at swindon next season. don,t do standing for 2 hours in the rain anymore and paying twenty quid for a great day out.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:48   #55
God Member

Think Afc Wimbledon was the worst experience, although the drafty corner at Bristol was a close second - thankfully both gone now but if we end up in the same league again I'd definitely think more than twice about going to either
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-07-2017, 13:15   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
due to segregation you,re usually stuck at one end of the ground or in a corner with a poor view. thankfully we don,t play york or stockport anymore as these are two of the main culprits. hopefully we,ll not be useing the open away end at swindon next season. don,t do standing for 2 hours in the rain anymore and paying twenty quid for a great day out.
Got to disagree about York and Stockport yes neither end is covered but still good for creating an atmosphere and the food at York was always decent and cheap but cant remember too much about that at SCFC but both of them offered decent seating at the same price as home fans as an option.

Totally agree about Wimbledon so always pay for proper seats there but i preferred to stand at BRFC but good to know you could get in the temp seats if it ****ed it down and an extra mark there for the pasties methinks.
Old 31-07-2017, 13:16   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Makes up the balance for some of the comments on other threads though . . . . . . . I'll get me coat
And which ones would they be AM ?
Old 31-07-2017, 13:22   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
But the whole point of the ticketing regulations is that they shouldn't

While its often unavoidable that the end that they get will be open quite often thats negated by seats being made available if it rains and i.d say Stanley is one of very few grounds where the catering offer is totally different for home and away fans.
Old 31-07-2017, 14:28   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
And which ones would they be AM ?
Nothing in particular, just a general comment made in jest - hence the smiley face
Old 31-07-2017, 17:16   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
....Stanley is one of very few grounds where the catering offer is totally different for home and away fans.
In no way condoning it but away fans at Aldershot only had a van with no alternative other than a disgusting greasy burger in a stale bun, and tins of fizzy pop. Thankfully that was a 'local' game for us, so we didn't have to suffer the effects.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..