Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2017, 21:12   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Pies

I hardly ever buy food at football grounds. But roll on Forest Green! Decent food AND real ale!
DAV007 likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2017, 05:05   #62
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Other than forest green, is there a single club who sells edible pies fit for human consumption?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I hardly ever buy food at football grounds. But roll on Forest Green! Decent food AND real ale!
So you two will be doing a car share in the veggiemobile then?
MikeA, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:09   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So you two will be doing a car share in the veggiemobile then?
talking about saving the planet, joys of a non meat diet and CAMRA wishing they were hippies all the way to gloucestershire and back.
DaveinGermany likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:59   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned yeh can shove forest greens slop were a monkey puts its nuts.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:19   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned yeh can shove forest greens slop were a monkey puts its nuts.
couldn,t put it better myself cashy. just hate these types who think everyone should follow their lifestyle to matter what. all these hippy tree huggers can do one big style for me.
cashman likes this.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:15   #66

Smile Re: Pies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Nothing in particular, just a general comment made in jest - hence the smiley face
Okies mate no probs just thought something i.d said in particular had upset you

I just think i maybe see things that some of you dont Being a Carlisle fan but one who soon developed a soft spot for Stanley when i moved here a decade ago
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:22   #67
Super Moderator

Personally, I wouldn't go vegan in a thousand years, but it's up to FGR what sort of food they serve. Nobody's forced to eat it.

Secondly, if they serve real ales, then more power to them. It'd make a refreshing change to have a decent pint of real ale at a football ground.

Finally, as someone who has sunk a few pints of real ale with the man, in no way can Mike A. be called a tree hugger or a hippy! 😉
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 2 others like this.
Old 01-08-2017, 21:54   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
But the whole point of the ticketing regulations is that they shouldn't

While its often unavoidable that the end that they get will be open quite often thats negated by seats being made available if it rains and i.d say Stanley is one of very few grounds where the catering offer is totally different for home and away fans.

northernsoul , i agree with you.

so i encourage all away fans to look for opportunities

About the 3rd or 4th season back in the league, we played Notts County away and it was £5 in the home end behind the goal, but full price elsewhere in the ground including the away end which was £18 from memory.

I went in the home end behind the goal, used the superior catering facilities, then told a steward i was in the wrong end and they happily moved me to the away end.
AccyMad likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:19   #69

I seem to recall nowt wrong with Wimbledon at the league match where Kettle infamously blew for half time. We were allowed to sit in the stand behind the goals with pretty much no segregation and a good view.
Some Stanley fans stood in a little shed to the side if memory serves. Not sure why as there were only a handful. Maybe it was a couple of quid cheaper there - if so, probably a false economy.

Also, referring back to previous mention of Morecambe's pies. I seem to recall me and Er Indoors sympathetically looking at some young kid trying to eat one of them. Dry, solid, inedible. Think I wasn't the only one who mentioned how poor they looked on the match thread at the time.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:37   #70
God Member

Unfortunately my first trip to Wimbledon was for the play off game Lord D, when we were herded into the corner of the ground which only afforded us a view of the game on the section of pitch directly in front of us, those who had preferred to get seated tickets were ok but one or two of our fans who, on arrival & seeing where we were stood asked could they pay to transfer to the seated area were refused, despite some seats being available - not a good experience
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:59   #71
God Member

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;1198435]Personally, I wouldn't go vegan in a thousand years, but it's up to FGR what sort of food they serve. Nobody's forced to eat it.

could say the same thing about stanley and their food offerings for away fans then. if anyone knows the geography of their ground its on top of a steep hill and you are a captive audience if you get there late or don,t fancy the treck from the village so therefore they should cater for the majority and not what their millionaire backer wants.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:34   #72
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1198506]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Personally, I wouldn't go vegan in a thousand years, but it's up to FGR what sort of food they serve. Nobody's forced to eat it.

could say the same thing about stanley and their food offerings for away fans then. if anyone knows the geography of their ground its on top of a steep hill and you are a captive audience if you get there late or don,t fancy the treck from the village so therefore they should cater for the majority and not what their millionaire backer wants.
...and just like Stanley or any other club, if the food they serve doesn't prove popular, they'll suffer in terms of lost sales. But in the end, it's up to them to decide on what their food offering is. Not providing food with animal products on for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon is hardly "forcing their lifestyle" on anybody!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:54   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no but if yeh dont provide for the pie@pint brigade, yeh got a good chance of some away fans not bothering imho. and if the provider aint bothered its our club that could suffer
Old 02-08-2017, 10:55   #74

real ale will be served at the wham this season
Old 02-08-2017, 11:40   #75
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyco View Post
real ale will be served at the wham this season
That's good news. Can you elaborate, will it be in the club or the fan zone or both ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..