Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2017, 12:38   #76
Super Moderator

Re: Pies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no but if yeh dont provide for the pie@pint brigade, yeh got a good chance of some away fans not bothering imho. and if the provider aint bothered its our club that could suffer
Can't see any Stanley fan not making the trip to FGR because they can't get a pie at halftime. After all the only pie they can get at the Wham is a Pukka Pie, so they're hardly being deprived of some delicious, mouthwatering comestible. As for pints, they've got real ale. What more could a pint drinker want? 😉
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-08-2017, 13:12   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Can't see any Stanley fan not making the trip to FGR because they can't get a pie at halftime. After all the only pie they can get at the Wham is a Pukka Pie, so they're hardly being deprived of some delicious, mouthwatering comestible. As for pints, they've got real ale. What more could a pint drinker want? ��
And if they do & find themselves hungry cos they can't stomach a pie without meat, I usually take a bag full of food on away days so if they seek me out I'm sure I'll have a spare butty or two
Wynonie Harris likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 13:13   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
That's good news. Can you elaborate, will it be in the club or the fan zone or both ?
Lucky for the real ale drinkers it will be in the clubhouse and fan zone
Old 02-08-2017, 13:19   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Can't see any Stanley fan not making the trip to FGR because they can't get a pie at halftime. After all the only pie they can get at the Wham is a Pukka Pie, so they're hardly being deprived of some delicious, mouthwatering comestible. As for pints, they've got real ale. What more could a pint drinker want? ��
Was referring to away fans that come to us.treat folk like crap yeh get what yeh deserve.
Old 02-08-2017, 13:34   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Was referring to away fans that come to us.treat folk like crap yeh get what yeh deserve.
We have always had rubbish facilities things have only improved recently, thanks to our new owner,
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 02-08-2017, 16:46   #81
God Member

Last time I was at FGR there was a club next door that was OK.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 22:00   #82
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
That's good news. Can you elaborate, will it be in the club or the fan zone or both ?
Great news, Mick. Hen Harrier (4%) from Bowland Brewery on sale in the Fanzone on Saturday!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:11   #83
God Member

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;1198521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

... Not providing food with animal products on for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon is hardly "forcing their lifestyle" on anybody!
of course it is. he,s one of those veggie types who think they should all follow him. just like me winning the euro millions, buy andy holt out and make the fanzone into a temberance bar. just because you think one way everyone else doesn,t. he chooses to be a non meat eater as i choose not to drink alcohol but i don,t or ever want others to follow me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:49   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:

of course it is. he,s one of those veggie types who think they should all follow him. just like me winning the euro millions, buy andy holt out and make the fanzone into a temberance bar. just because you think one way everyone else doesn,t. he chooses to be a non meat eater as i choose not to drink alcohol but i don,t or ever want others to follow me.
So ..... if I come round yours one evening, will alcohol be available as a matter of course, the way you want meat pies to be available at FGR?
Old 03-08-2017, 09:00   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
So ..... if I come round yours one evening, will alcohol be available as a matter of course, the way you want meat pies to be available at FGR?
Why would it not be? i cant drink aint done fer years but theres always some Alcohol in fer anyone that does.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:24   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Why would it not be? i cant drink aint done fer years but theres always some Alcohol in fer anyone that does.
That's all right then. I thought I might have spotted a touch of hypocrisy , but happily I was wrong . Apologies.

Mind, if I do go to FGR I think I'll have to try the quorn pie .....
Old 03-08-2017, 10:18   #87
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1198581]
Quote:

Lifestyle: someone's way of living (Cambridge English Dictionary).

Not being able to eat meat products for a couple of hours once a fortnight or in the case of away fans, once a season is not changing your way of living!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:53   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
yes chimer on both counts. as i,ve stated clearly its a not a matter of what i do but i have booze in for friends and family who want it. why can,t the veggie brigade get it. you are expected to cater for them so why won,t they do it for you. the only veggie i actually knew was a fellow bus driver who had more days off sick than the average man or woman did and looked ill when she actually bothered turning up.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:55   #89
God Member

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;1198592]
Quote:

Lifestyle: someone's way of living (Cambridge English Dictionary).

Not being able to eat meat products for a couple of hours once a fortnight or in the case of away fans, once a season is not changing your way of living!
but its trying to promote someone,s way of living that,s all. don,t think we,ll ever get to some middle ground on this issue as i think our ideas are deep rooted.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:02   #90
Super Moderator

Quote:
The only veggie i actually knew was a fellow bus driver who had more days off sick than the average man or woman did and looked ill when she actually bothered turning up.
The only veggie I know is a vegan, tea-total Buddhist who is a Stanley fan mate of mine and Cashy's and seems in excellent health and is neither a tree hugger or a hippie!

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Monkey Hanger!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..