Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2010, 07:12   #271
Senior Member+

Re: Pitch

[quote=Redraine;834943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
! People told me that there's been an awful lot of rain in Accy over the last 24 hours,quote]

Not that much, Stan. If it's bographggy after such a small amount of rain it makes you wonder how the new drains will ever cope with real downpours. I'm worried too, and have always thought that 70 grand would not be enough to get to the bottom of the historical problems.

Being somewhat surprised at seeing little or no information regarding 'Ilyas's Pitch' being released from official sources,( which having to have two demanding games played on it over the coming week, and the advanced weather reports of more rain to come, has rekindled my high-anxiety !)....
Apart that is from a brief allusion in our wonderful Lancashire Telegraph as to the change of venues for Reserve games ...Will someone in the know (nudge nudge....wink wink !), in an attempt to ease my worried mind, please post an accurate report on the current state of 'the hallowed turf '.

Also, sharing Redraines feelings, and hearing the many comments regarding extra financial support being given to ensure that 'Ilyas's Pitch' will reach an acceptable standard...I hope that this necessary funding has been seen and released as a vital investment by those holding the purse strings, and that JC will get the surface he would like to allow his Team to play his much-publicised 'passing-game'...He deserves this if nothing else !...

SO.... 'ON STANLEY !!...ON !!!'

Last edited by yonmon; 17-08-2010 at 07:15.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2010, 16:53   #272
Junior Member+

I've heard that we are under an transfer embargo again, something about a player we had on loan a few years ago. I can't see this being right, maybe Dany can tell us this week
Oldgrumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 18:44   #273
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgrumbler View Post
I've heard that we are under an transfer embargo again, something about a player we had on loan a few years ago. I can't see this being right, maybe Dany can tell us this week
were ya hear that?
Old 17-08-2010, 18:50   #274
Senior Member+

Quote:
Vairy interestink Grumbler !...but can you impart any details regarding the current state of 'Ilyas's Pitch' as requested in my last post ??...being sequestered in the depths of the Ribble Valley makes me reliant on good folks like yourself for such information....so can Grumbler or anyone pass on a word or two in this respect ??..PLEASE !

Old 17-08-2010, 18:50   #275

Wink Re: Pitch

On sky sports this afternoon that leam Richardson has signed for a year for us.
Great news - embargo over !!!!
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 21:02   #276
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
On sky sports this afternoon that leam Richardson has signed for a year for us.
Great news - embargo over !!!!
SH !... I'm completely overwhelmed by this information about THE Embargo....but what about 'Ilyas's Pitch'...Has it been fettled yet ?....Has more finance been made available for the project ?..Does anyone know ?...Is anyone really interested ??...or must I have to wait for an Official proclamation ??...
Old 18-08-2010, 08:42   #277
God Member

Quote:
maybe Dany can tell us this week
Maybe the Telegraph may be quicker
Old 18-08-2010, 09:05   #278
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
really in any transaction,theirs only the guy who paid the bill, n the guy who received the payment, can tell ya, n we know 1 of those is infamous fer porkies, same applies fer any further work needed, so to not put too fine a point on it, yer knackered fer finding out.
Old 18-08-2010, 09:38   #279
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Tried that Dave...told the Man on the Sports desk that I was a Stanley Fan and could he tell me anything about the Pitch..he told me that this was a viscous Resin produced by plants and formed from Petroleum !,he was however
quite au-fait with Transfer Embargoes...so I hung up !.
I guess that all will be revealed on Saturday !!.

Last edited by yonmon; 18-08-2010 at 09:42.
Old 18-08-2010, 11:08   #280

I will reply to your question about the pitch yonmon. Contractors have been on it all week a new drain has been put in down in the corner near the water tank as it was flooding there with heavy rain,right up the cow shed sid has been gravel slitted every two or three feet from the wall out to about the edge of the 18 yard box and I must say that this morning it looked "better" but IMHO the only cure is a spell of dry weather to allow it to stablize and the grass to root and knit together properly.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 12:11   #281
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
I will reply to your question about the pitch yonmon. Contractors have been on it all week a new drain has been put in down in the corner near the water tank as it was flooding there with heavy rain,right up the cow shed sid has been gravel slitted every two or three feet from the wall out to about the edge of the 18 yard box and I must say that this morning it looked "better" but IMHO the only cure is a spell of dry weather to allow it to stablize and the grass to root and knit together properly.
Thanks for that resume SC...although your final paragraph would echo an air of non-confidence !!..
and who is 'Cow Shed Sid '...?. I bet he didn't take too kindly to being gravel-slitted every two or three feet !...
Seriously though thanks for taking the time to put me in the picture.

Old 18-08-2010, 12:15   #282

As a lot of water seems to come of the houseing estate down to the Whinney Hill side,I thought they might have dug a deep trench ,the full length of the Whinney Hill side.Also, is there still a ditch behind the cow shed? if so ,is that deep enough?
Old 18-08-2010, 12:28   #283
Super Moderator

The ditch is still there, however was dug in the late 70's/ early 80's to prevent water from Whinney Hill and the brick works entering the pitch.

How effective it is, given it was dug and filled with ash (from local businesses) around 30 years ago is a excellant point.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 14:42   #284
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
The ditch is still there, however was dug in the late 70's/ early 80's to prevent water from Whinney Hill and the brick works entering the pitch.

How effective it is, given it was dug and filled with ash (from local businesses) around 30 years ago is a excellant point.
The plot thickens yet again !... Could the aforementioned Ditch really be the cause of our shared concern for 'Ilyas's Pitch'...If so, why didn't the Surveyors/ Contractors define this as a hazard to be dealt with in the first place ?...Is there time and money left to rectify this problem if it is indeed the devil behind the waterlogging which many have identified as a prevailing problem ?.

...and I was just recovering from my last anxiety attack as well !!..

Perhaps 'Cow-shed Sid' has the answer ?..
Old 18-08-2010, 16:27   #285
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
The plot thickens yet again !... Could the aforementioned Ditch really be the cause of our shared concern for 'Ilyas's Pitch'...If so, why didn't the Surveyors/ Contractors define this as a hazard to be dealt with in the first place ?...Is there time and money left to rectify this problem if it is indeed the devil behind the waterlogging which many have identified as a prevailing problem ?.

...and I was just recovering from my last anxiety attack as well !!..

Perhaps 'Cow-shed Sid' has the answer ?..
Is this a new playmate for Alfred and Stanley I wonder?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..