Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2015, 15:21   #1

Pitch

The pitch needs covering ASAP ahead of the heavy rain forecast for Boxing Day because if it isn't covered there will more than likely be three home games in a row postponed and no home game for at least 8 weeks which sure would be a disgrace big time. If the game is postponed I will have no option but to post a letter to the club asking for future home games to be scheduled to be played at Turf Moor, Burnley where the drainage is far better than at the Wham Stadium.
Accrington Web
Old 24-12-2015, 15:26   #2
God Member

Re: Pitch

Ar----------gh he,s back must want the wrath of Coleman by playing at the Turf.
Old 24-12-2015, 15:31   #3
God Member

And he still doesn't understand that covering the pitch does sod all to help protect it from torrential rain . . . . . . . . Still if it makes him happy to send a letter who are we to dissuade him, cart on mate
Old 24-12-2015, 15:33   #4

No option but to post a letter! They can add it to the pile of other ones you sent. Maybe tape them together to form a new pitch cover.

Are you actually a real person?
Old 24-12-2015, 15:40   #5

Yes I am thank you very much
Old 24-12-2015, 15:41   #6
Senior Member+

It is the season of goodwill to all men....except this one !.
SO...as a real goodwill gesture please everyone just ignore this post !!.

To everyone else .... Have a real happy Christmas and please spare a thought for all those in Carlisle and everywhere else where natural and man-made crises are bringing challenges the like of which none of us are likely to come across !.

JOYEUX NOEL !.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-12-2015, 15:49   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thick as 2 short planks, IGNORE.
Old 24-12-2015, 15:56   #8

This has gone beyond ignoring him just ban the idiot and give us peace.
Old 24-12-2015, 15:57   #9

The club is an idiot too for having 3 home games in a row postponed and failing to schedule matches for other venues
Old 24-12-2015, 16:01   #10
Full Member+

Somerset , it is not rocket science to realise the sheets ( frost sheets ) you keep referring to are for frost not rain , however seeing as you don't seem to understand , let me ask you this IF ( and it is a huge IF ) the sheet COULD hold all the rain , who the hell would be strong enough to remove them without spilling the water or maybe you could do it !!! I like others will now ignore your posts .
AccyMad likes this.
Old 24-12-2015, 16:02   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
The club is an idiot too for having 3 home games in a row postponed and failing to schedule matches for other venues
Aye right you are then
Old 24-12-2015, 16:05   #12

I have come to my senses and agree that covers are for frost and not rain so a waterlogged pitch can't be helped but home matches I feel should be played at Turf Moor, Burnley where the drainage is far better.
Old 24-12-2015, 16:11   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
I have come to my senses and agree that covers are for frost and not rain so a waterlogged pitch can't be helped but home matches I feel should be played at Turf Moor, Burnley where the drainage is far better.
What a good idea!! Would you do us a favour & write Burnley a letter to organise it?
Greeny likes this.
Old 24-12-2015, 16:25   #14

AccyMad, cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 24-12-2015, 16:31   #15
Full Member+

Halleluya !!! The penny has dropped.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..