Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2016, 06:12   #61

Re: PLAY OFF LEG 2 Home v Wimbledon (0-1 First leg)

After 10 mins of the Stevenage game, thought that that game would be a game too far for us after all the excitement and emotion at Wycombe. We didn't turn up for that one and got a sucker punch at the very end with Bristol Rovers late goal. Agree with mani on that point.

Another late goal on Sat must have been hard to take for the lads, however thought we did much better tonight. First goal settled us and we looked more like ourselves going forward. Two pools goals to concede has cost us and needed a bit more composure when 2 up.

Once we didn't go up automatically I just didn't fancy us to do it through the the play-offs. 85 points got you up automatically last season and will in all probability next season which will be harder for us as another summer squad rebuild with Coley having to unearth 2 or 3 more gems.

We're all sick at moment - we'll have a break from it, then be raring to go again in August
Greger and monkey hanger like this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2016, 07:23   #62
Full Member+

Unlucky , the play-offs are very much a lottery.

If you had got the usual 4 or 6 points from us you would have been home and hosed.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 08:12   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Unlucky , the play-offs are very much a lottery.

If you had got the usual 4 or 6 points from us you would have been home and hosed.
Really? Is that so? I hadn't realised that. I still blame Coley for giving your strugglers their team talk the week leading up to the match. He's much too nice, sometimes!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 08:29   #64

Liked to have seen some Fosu on fire.at some time in the match.Through the middle was a brick wall,but both flanks we could have had em.with a winger +wingback combo on both sides.with Josh more cenrtral,than out wide but then at what sacrifice defensively eslewhere I aint no coach. Fosu is a bit lightweight maybe against a physical defense but he did hit the post at Wimbledon.

These playoff results apart Colemans & Jimmy Bells teams and his style are great to watch..and they always gives us hope even if the prize is never won.. Players come and go but he always seems to produce a few rabbits out of the hat.when they do.

Looking forward to next season bash..Lots and Lots of local teams for us to visit if we'd gone up is the saddest bit..
JC4LAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 09:01   #65
God Member

after the Stevenage game I thought our season was over and it proved to be. proud of the players though as they gave it all last night. if there was justice piero,s goal should have seen us through to Wembley but then the wheels came off with poor defending. as for the boco assault if that wasn,t a sending off I,ve never seen one. had a similar incident the other week when I refereed a sunday game. sent the lad off and no one said a word in dissent. we,ve had ilderton before . he seems more interested in keeping the game flowing than carding people which seems his last resort. hope to see most of the regular players given and signing new contracts and I,m sure we can repeat last season or maybe better.
cashman and Greger like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 12:23   #66
Senior Member+

Having watched the TV match that I recorded hoping for a different result, it was clear that the referee bottled the goal that Akinfenwa scored. He was clearly holding Tom Davies down to get the header in! Couldn't see it last night due to being at the top end of the Jack Barrett stand. Ref had a brilliant view and how he cannot give a foul is beyond me. As for the elbow on Rommy, Sky presenters called that correctly, straight red, even if he didn't see it, what about the assistants and the 4th official. And if he didn't see it and not given any advice by any of his assistants, how can he give a yellow card? Looking forward to next season already.
AccyMad likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 13:08   #67

From Dan Jewell Twitter

#asfc's Rommy Boco will undergo major operation on facial injury sustained in game v Wimbledon. Was hospitalised last night. Best wishes

Also goes on to say ref appoligsed in changing room after game
Old 19-05-2016, 13:18   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Having watched the TV match that I recorded hoping for a different result, it was clear that the referee bottled the goal that Akinfenwa scored. He was clearly holding Tom Davies down to get the header in! Couldn't see it last night due to being at the top end of the Jack Barrett stand. Ref had a brilliant view and how he cannot give a foul is beyond me. As for the elbow on Rommy, Sky presenters called that correctly, straight red, even if he didn't see it, what about the assistants and the 4th official. And if he didn't see it and not given any advice by any of his assistants, how can he give a yellow card? Looking forward to next season already.

I think it was Pearson he was holding but think you're right watching it back.

Their player is holding back Haliday in the lead to their second- stopping him from getting over to challenge their scorer (maybe).
AccyMad and Dav1d like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 13:56   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
could not miss the boco incident as it was in clear open play and got his yellow card out too quick although he didn,t show it straight away. tries not to be controvertial but it caught up with him last night.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 13:58   #70
God Member

Spot on Ozzy, except like the above post I thought it was Matty Pearson Akinfenwa held down for his 'goal' - not that it matters which of our lads it was, it still went unnoticed & unpunished as many of their 'tactics' did. And then the big guy had the nerve to say on sky sports that he thought the lights failure was a ploy by Stanley, Unbelievable!
As for the elbow on Rommy, it was clearly deliberate & yet, while they were celebrating their win the poor lad was in hospital for major surgery - how is that right??
Outback Ozzy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 14:01   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
From Dan Jewell Twitter

#asfc's Rommy Boco will undergo major operation on facial injury sustained in game v Wimbledon. Was hospitalised last night. Best wishes

Also goes on to say ref appoligsed in changing room after game
Poor Rommy, hope he recovers quickly - as for the ref apologising afterwards, what's that saying - too little, too late!! He should go the way of Trevor Kettle, be suspended & then retire!
cashman, Greeny and st06nc2 like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 15:32   #72
Senior Member+

Thanks for a great season Stanley, it,s been a tonic. Not sure I like the play off format but it,s there so you have to prepare for it. Watched the game last night on stream so had the benefit of several replays. Firstly Stanley looked so good going forward, Wimbledon panicked when they were under pressure with our wide men giving them all sorts of trouble but defensively we were poor, no hard men back there, too much square or back passing and when they did try through balls it was usually to a womble. Their goals were freebees, can,t blame fat man for scoring, it,s his job but trying to stop him standing in front of him?? of course he's going to lean/push, but the cross should never have happened, very poor defense. Yes, the elbow a def. red. Just my take on last night. Thanks Stanley for a brilliant season, can't wait for August.
Thanks also to those who keep us interested and informed with the contests and fund raising, you are priceless.
Coley must stay, he is Accrington, has performed miracles on a shoestring, if he goes he can only go downhill. A couple of hard nose defenders please Sir.
cashman, choirboy and chevyfire like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 16:17   #73
Senior Member+

Had to miss last night due to work commitments, pretty gutted really as you can imagine.

As others have said the Satanage game was our chance and we didn't take it. Hit the bar 3 times and Bristol Rovers score in the last minute, as Coley said was always going to be a marathon to get the players up for it, so it proved.

No doubt its been the best season we have ever had so well done to all involved at the club. Im happy to eat my Coleman humble pie and now we have the incredible Mr Holt running things behind the scenes , things can only get better.

As for the lads last night, yes we have lost Windass, I just hope the others can see what have finally started to build (quite literally looking at Mr Holt's twitter feed today) and will sign on the dotted line next season. I don't think I (or Coley for that matter) could take another 6/7 players leaving for nothing alas the last playoff season.

Let's go again,WIN it next season and shut those moron's up from down the A1 FOR GOOD ! !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 16:18   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I just hope Plymouth who play decent stuff do these animals at wembly.
Greeny likes this.
Old 19-05-2016, 18:22   #75
Senior Member+

Pushing and shoving is...........
......well....CHEATING !!!!!!
Or am I missing something?

Old saying;
"A Good Big Un will always beat a Good Litttle Un!"......makes it long odds for the Little Un to win but not impossible, it does happen!

But when you change that to....
"A Good Big Un CHEATING will always beat a Good Little Un"......makes it IMPOSSIBLE for the Little Un to Win at all!
AccyMad and Outback Ozzy like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..