Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 06:59   #1
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Player of the Month

Go to http://www.footballconference.co.uk/...onference.html and vote for Evil!

MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2005, 11:43   #2
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Player of the Month

already done it!!! get in!!!

EVIL EVIL EVIL !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 18:41   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Player of the Month

he is immense just immense
Old 03-03-2005, 01:05   #4
I am Banned

. . . and while you're there, why not vote for the Nationwide North POTM too ?

The nominees include one Jody Banim , of Droylsden
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:30   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
. . . and while you're there, why not vote for the Nationwide North POTM too ?

The nominees include one Jody Banim , of Droylsden
Thanks, Henry. Just gone and done it.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 15:49   #6
Senior Member+

evil evil evil!!!!!!
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 16:16   #7
I am Banned

done it!

is it me or do droylsden get all the stanley rejects?
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 19:19   #8
Senior Member+

they get quality stanley players aswell.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 15:03   #9
I am Banned

'bad karma= stanley players are not rejects"

so would you not call jody banim a reject?

and (ok these dint#dn't go to burs but hey...) are hindle, carvill, tuck, madin all not rejects?
Old 04-03-2005, 15:04   #10
I am Banned

and you know what i mean- okay then

they get all the players we dont want
Old 06-03-2005, 00:26   #11
I am Banned

Life is competitive, and nowhere in life is there more fierce competition than on the football field.

However, it's a false assumption that anyone who isn't a "winner" must therefore be a loser.

The several names which have been mentioned earlier in this thread are those of former Accrington Stanley players who have - in their various ways - devoted time, energy, enthusiasm and loyalty to the Club.

For some , things didn't quite work out as they might have hoped. That's a shame for them, for the Club and for us - the supporters who invested quite a bit of emotion into them and their careers. But that's life.

Over the last few years, these fine young men have moved on to other clubs where they've gained experience, entertained thousands more, made new friends and - frequently - come back to have a drink and a laugh with us.

The word "reject" doesn't apply to any of these high-quality athletes as far as I'm concerned. They're all great competitors who have , in a short lifetime , achieved more than most of us could ever dream of.

I'm proud of them all.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:34   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
Life is competitive, and nowhere in life is there more fierce competition than on the football field.

However, it's a false assumption that anyone who isn't a "winner" must therefore be a loser.

The several names which have been mentioned earlier in this thread are those of former Accrington Stanley players who have - in their various ways - devoted time, energy, enthusiasm and loyalty to the Club.

For some , things didn't quite work out as they might have hoped. That's a shame for them, for the Club and for us - the supporters who invested quite a bit of emotion into them and their careers. But that's life.

Over the last few years, these fine young men have moved on to other clubs where they've gained experience, entertained thousands more, made new friends and - frequently - come back to have a drink and a laugh with us.

The word "reject" doesn't apply to any of these high-quality athletes as far as I'm concerned. They're all great competitors who have , in a short lifetime , achieved more than most of us could ever dream of.

I'm proud of them all.
Well said, Henry,

How many of us could do half of what these so-called 'rejects' do??

It's easy to look on from the terraces & criticise, but, we must also issue praise when due.... we expect these guys to entertain us in doing something we can't... but get on their backs when things don't go as we want!!

May be slightly 'of-thread' here, but, I think we have had a marvelous season so far, despite the occasional 'crap' game that I may have adversely(?)(must try & use spellchecker!!) commented upon!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..