Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 18:42   #16

Re: player 's of the season?

I think Coleman has finally met his match in Mike Flynn, according to the big man himself Coley wants players who he can dominate and bully, and as we can probably guess from Mick's playing style - he aint gonna take no s**t!!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2005, 14:58   #17
Junior Member+

I overheard some bloke on Saturday (not that I was eavesdropping or anything ) saying that he'd spoken to Michael Welch's dad and that he'd said Welchy had been told he wouldn't be needed after January what with Tretts returning from injury etc, and Welchy basically said that he'd barely played and that whenever he had played he'd won every header etc and that he wouldn't want to stay if he was just going to be dropped to the bench again soon. If he does go I think it would be a real shame because he seems like a good, strong defender. Why does Coley seem so intent on getting rid of all the GOOD players? I bet when Rocky recovers he'll be ahead of Welchy in the pecking order as well.
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:09   #18
Senior Member+

OMG - if what is being said on here is true, then maybe the fans who disagree with JC will end up being free transfers to dingle country or even worse Blackburn Rovers aah! Personally, my player of the season up to now has to be Ian Craney/Gary Roberts and what about Darren Randolph. A player who is young, yes he's made mistakes, but he has kept us in matches as well. Biggest disappointments, Rocky and Paul Mullin! contreversial I know, but my opinion

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:14   #19

My players of the season have to Gary Roberts and Ian Craney they have dominated the midfield and are not backing away from challenges like they were last season that would show why they have 5 yellows each this season

Last edited by stephen; 05-11-2005 at 09:18.
stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:02   #20

that's been our main problem this season aside from injuries - discipline. take for example Leam Richardson, I'll probably get shot down for this but from what I've seen of him he's a very strong and sound defender who isnt afraid of getting forward...yet in the first 5 minutes of almost every game he is close to being sent off!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..