Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 13:58   #1
Senior Member+

player 's of the season?

so far, premature i know but who's impressed u most and who would get your vote if season stopped today?

also, biggest disappointment?

I'll start with Ian Craney for his goals, work rate and crazy dancing at burton

disappointment? tretton cause he ain't played or chris butler, who i think is a fine player with much promise ??? was!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2005, 15:05   #2
God Member

Re: player 's of the season?

I'd agree with Ian Craney, he's really impressed so far this season, along with Gary Roberts.
Disappointments? - Sorry but it's got to be Anthony Barry - maybe he'll improve over the rest of the season and prove me wrong but somehow I doubt it.
Also very disappointed by the news that John Coleman wants Flynny to leave - cannot for the life of me understand that one as I think he's probably one of the best central defenders Stanley have had
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 15:29   #3
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Also very disappointed by the news that John Coleman wants Flynny to leave
Where have you read that ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 15:32   #4
God Member

probably also craney as i thought he was a huge let down last year!

Biggest disapointment probably boco, i thought he would be playing every game but instead the "great prospect" is sat on the bench, suppose its tough for him trying to dislodge craney in this form but when we have seen him he seems to have been very quick and very lively. I honestly would love to see him upfront as i think he could give some of the conference defenders a huge problem...could be our new lutel! but honestly dont think he will stay when hes sat on the bench!
Old 02-11-2005, 15:44   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Where have you read that ?
Didn't read it anywhere Jeff, heard it from the man himself after the game on Saturday (Flynny I mean not Coleman)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 15:49   #6

flynn told to look for another club and butler told to leave.

not official but common knowledge.
Old 02-11-2005, 16:06   #7
Senior Member+

best player up to now has got to be gary roberts/ian craney, can't choose between either of them!!

biggest disappointment has to be tretts/proccy! Both injured
Old 02-11-2005, 16:47   #8
Senior Member+

disapointment, bossu........................
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 17:09   #9
Senior Member+

One name.....Ian Craney, absoltely superb!

Dissapointment I have to say Matty O'neill
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 17:13   #10

Can someone shed some light on Flynn being asked to find another club and Butler being told to leave the club, basically being fired! Would appreciate any information. Also heard a rumour Welch has been told he won't be given a full time contract, anyone know anyting?
Cheers
Old 02-11-2005, 17:36   #11

Id have to say Gary Roberts, his performances are constantly top notch.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 17:59   #12
Senior Member+

Losing so early in the FA Cup was bound to have consequences, especially when it comes to paying wages to squad players. If those players have been asked to find other clubs, maybe it's to cut the wage bill?
Old 02-11-2005, 18:16   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy17
Can someone shed some light on Flynn being asked to find another club and Butler being told to leave the club, basically being fired! Would appreciate any information. Also heard a rumour Welch has been told he won't be given a full time contract, anyone know anyting?
Cheers
The story about Flynn that going round the ground on Saturday was that Coley was upset by what he had said in the Accy Observer re: team selection, etc.

No surprises with Butler, he hasn't looked the part this year. But I would be very disappointed and surprised if Welch was let go, particularly with the Flynn situation.

Player of the season so far is Craney ... no surprises there!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 18:20   #14

i think the best players so far of this season have to be Mike Flynn, as we have never lost a match with Mike Flynn on the field due to his superb defending and never-say-die attitude; and also Ian Craney - he has well and truly got rid of that terd of a player who he became last season by single handedly becoming our midfield engine and gettin the goals aswell.
The biggest disapointment for me is John Coleman, telling Chris 'Psycho' Butler and Mike Flynn to go elsewhere; obviously another couple of victims to Colemans rath of letting people go when they speak up or give a contrary opinion to Coleman's.
ahem.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 18:34   #15
God Member

Flynn has had a good season. He has swayed my opinion as I thought he was a big docks doo-dah last year when he signed, and I thought he was a cert for release in the summer. Don't slag the manager or you get listed. How many fans can fit on the transfer list?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..