Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2009, 13:15   #106
God Member

Re: Player Wages and Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
As the Don say's I'm sure Coleman will be capable of keeping us in the League, with a reduced budget, but what about the long suffering fans? How many years have we to put up with second rate players, and hanging on to our League status. I for one don't think I can put up with another season of only just surviving. How can he expect the attendances to rise if that is his outlook at least we knew where we were with Eric no spending unless absolutely necessary in fact no thing for the fans.As one can see I am feeling very disillusioned over this whole affair.
That's a very bleak outlook, even to me.
The standard of football in the Stanley team is increasing every season that we're in the Football League, and I would wager that attendances will be parallel with that steady increase over the coming years.
As long as we're not here for a Dale-esque duration, I'm happy to be hanging on in here!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2009, 13:37   #107
Senior Member+

Being a Stanley fan would be no fun if we knew we would stay in the league year after year, Not knowing what is going to happen week after week - Results, Players, etc etc makes it much more fun! I agree the standard of football has been very high this year, i think the squad can only go from strength to strength but we just need an extra 200k

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 16:45   #108
God Member

Smile Re: Player Wages and Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Found this bit quite surprising !!!

Mullin has been made available by Stanley as they bid to cut their wage bill by 25 per cent next season, with the 35-year-old still tied down to a further year on his contract.

The Reds were willing to offer the forward a new two-year contract if he took a substantial pay cut but Mullin felt unable to accept the deal.

Would have thought he would have jumped at 2 YEAR DEAL Must have been a really poor deal......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 16:49   #109
God Member

Smile Re: Player Wages and Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Not big enough but Liverpool are looking for someone to partner Torres and Man Utd will need to replace Tevez.................
Don't think that Torres would be a good partner for Mullers And would hate to see him at the other place Will be sorry to see him go.....

Old 19-05-2009, 17:17   #110
God Member

As a few have mentioned there will be lots of players out of contract, some not so good, some average and some very good.

Deals will have to be worked very hard at, it is very much a fresh challenge for all involved and must be viewed as such

If the correct balance can be struck with the nucleus of what we already have and a couple of decent additions, I think there is no reason why the "Reds" can't be challenging at the top end of the table

Times are a changing but to a degree at League 2 level, I think it will be a lot more of a level playing field than previous seasons

What could be more rewarding than finding another "Jimmy Ryan" or bringing through another "Chris Turner"
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 18:19   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I don't think anybody will be interested in putting a bid in unless they are not in their right mind.
A little harsh I think....

Old 19-05-2009, 19:03   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
I for one don't think I can put up with another season of only just surviving.
Confused. You mean you'd rather we were relegated, then had another season like 05/06? But if we did that we'd be promoted back to where we can only just survive, so the attendance would drop again ....Or do you want a miraculous promotion from L2, followed by a season of not surviving in L1, so the attendance would drop again.

Of course it's more fun when we're winning, but by definition it can't happen every year ....
Old 20-05-2009, 10:28   #113
Senior Member+

Tranmere Rovers defender Luke Waterfall who was a January loan target for Stanley has been released along with Burnley born midfielder Adnan Ahmed.

Burnely Midfielder Adam Kay has not ruled out a permanent move to Accrington Stanley this summer. As he is out of contract in the summer.

Old 20-05-2009, 11:05   #114
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
A little harsh I think....
Reality sometimes is a little harsh.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 11:49   #115
Full Member+

Quote:
Tranmere Rovers defender Luke Waterfall who was a January loan target for Stanley has been released along with Burnley born midfielder Adnan Ahmed.

Burnely Midfielder Adam Kay has not ruled out a permanent move to Accrington Stanley this summer. As he is out of contract in the summer.
LT says that Kay is still hoping for a new contract with Burnley, but if he don't get it, I'd like to see him back at Stanley. Only saw him the once against Chesterfield and although he got injured and went off early , he showed some nice touches. Good control and passing ability
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 09:06   #116
Senior Member+

Bobby Grant and Peter Murphy have agreed new one year deals. With Phil Edwards is close to tying up his own contract renewall on a two year deal.

Old 21-05-2009, 09:42   #117
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Bobby Grant and Peter Murphy have agreed new one year deals. With Phil Edwards is close to tying up his own contract renewall on a two year deal.
We keep being told that players have agreed new deals but we haven't been told that anybody has actually 'signed' a new deal
Old 21-05-2009, 12:24   #118
Senior Member+

Kay won't rule out switch

Players agree contracts

Old 21-05-2009, 12:28   #119
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Has anybody actually SIGNED a contract yet ?
Old 21-05-2009, 12:36   #120
Senior Member+

I dont think so! Think they are waiting until the take over until they offically sign but how long is the take over going to be?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..