Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2009, 15:51   #121
God Member

Smile Re: Player Wages and Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Bobby Grant and Peter Murphy have agreed new one year deals. With Phil Edwards is close to tying up his own contract renewall on a two year deal.
All good news, when they all sign up.......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2009, 18:48   #122
Resting in Peace

Re: Player Wages and Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Bobby Grant and Peter Murphy have agreed new one year deals. With Phil Edwards is close to tying up his own contract renewall on a two year deal.
Edwards yes please - Grant and Murphy no thanks. We could do much better, IMHO
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 08:53   #123
Super Moderator

Accy Clarets in ecstasy at Wembley trip - News - Accrington Observer

...meanwhile, Coley struggles with a reduced budget.

I know there's nowt to be done about it, but it really depresses me, especially the last few words.
Old 22-05-2009, 09:47   #124
Senior Member+

Am sure most of the people that have jumped on the band-wagon as they only get an average of 13k every home game but have sold 36,000 tickets for wembley will be jumping pn our band-wagon next year when we make it to wembley.

Meanwhile in the LET it says some interest in Mullin since it was made public that he was available

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 10:34   #125
God Member

Makes you wonder how many will stay with them if they don't win on Monday?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 10:36   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Bit harsh to judge Peter Murphy, he got seriously injured early on in the season so we haven't had chance to see what he can or can't do - I think he deserves his chance.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 11:48   #127
God Member

Quote:
I think they deserve a chance to prove themselves really, Murphy has not had any chance this season and Bobby has not really had a run since his injury. Better off with young kids that you have knowledge of and lets face it we have not got the cash to go looking for others..

Old 22-05-2009, 12:16   #128
Resting In Peace

Says in Observer Coley is also in talks with Chris King and Jay Bell. Personally I think that keeping Jay Bell is a complete waste of money, unless we are only paying him national minimum wage for a couple of hours work a week. Even that would be too much. If his name wasn't Bell he wouldn't be at Stanley or with any other football club except, maybe a Sunday league pub team. He isn't and never will be a footballer.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 14:21   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Says in Observer Coley is also in talks with Chris King and Jay Bell. Personally I think that keeping Jay Bell is a complete waste of money, unless we are only paying him national minimum wage for a couple of hours work a week. Even that would be too much. If his name wasn't Bell he wouldn't be at Stanley or with any other football club except, maybe a Sunday league pub team. He isn't and never will be a footballer.
Thought that King was under contract for another year ???? Agree about Bell though.

Old 22-05-2009, 15:29   #130
God Member

Quote:
Do better could we?

Coley has said in the Observer quite openly that we could not afford the wages of the likes of Hurst or Lowe, and that we have no transfer budget with which to buy any players, even Kieran Charnock.

We can pay Grant & Murphy peanuts while seeing what potential they have in league football.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 10:20   #131
Resting In Peace

According to today's Telegraph, Phil Edwards has agreed a one year deal but is stalling on a two year deal - but yet to sign. Also Stanley are supposed to be interested in Godwin Antwi and Darran Kempson.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 12:13   #132
God Member

Smile Re: Player Wages and Availability

I know in this day of "Money Money Money" that it will not happen, but I would really really love it if, some of the "Big Boys" - Premiership - could find it within them to say to someone like Lindfield (I use him as he told me he had enjoyed himself and would like to come back!) if you want to go back to Stanley, you can, Parent club pays basic wage (Which is peanuts to a club that size) an then Stanley would be able to offer attractive package on appearances, wins, goals Etc. The same could apply to The Clarets, I know it is only the first time they will be in the PL, but all the talk of £40M+ for the season, if Adam Kay want's to come and play regular footy, what would it cost Burnley to do the same??? Maybe £10K for the year.... Not alot really in the grand scheme of things...

I know that Stanley have no devine right for anything and I also understand that no other club should have to, but I suppose I just think that it would just be a great thing in footy for Teams/Clubs to help one another instead of the usual way of trying to always get one over one another. When was the last time footy was in the spotlight for something good in the game??? It's usually "Drinking, Fighting, Money, Drugs" the list goes on... I know that I am rambling on in a dreamworld, but wouldn't it be nice for once..

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 31-05-2009 at 12:15.
Old 13-06-2009, 17:23   #133
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley target makes Bury move Lancashire Telegraph - Accrington Stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..