Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 18:04   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Players Wages

A true knight in shining armour
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2013, 18:15   #17
Member.

Thank you Ilyas, it is gratifying to know that you have our back and the interest of the club at heart. There are no two ways about it; there wouldn't be a Stanley without your support and generosity.

I am very much with Rob on his comments; did the world need to know; nether the players or the staff had leaked this information, if it frightens us then I'm sure potential sponsors/investors would equally be concerned; if not potential creditors; Last thing we need is a debt gallop.

We have a lot to be proud of, both in your support and the history of our club; we all get over excited and have a rant t these times but has you, Rob and others have said lets put that energy to the positive and get behind the team for this final push.

That said; I am a bit surprised that the club isn't pursuing a campaign to build support for a country wide fight against relegation.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:45   #18
Senior Member+

IK !!..Just to add my gratitude and regards to you for your concern.... Hope that your vision of increased and better support on Saturday and in the future becomes a reality !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 19:08   #19
Senior Member+

No town on God's Earth has produced a more beneficent son than Ilyas. This financial deliverance should redouble the determination of the Townspeople and the players to hang onto the Club's precious beyond words and hard earned League Status.
KiTChener likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 19:23   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
hi there. thanks for the comment, but honestly, i think all just need to get the crowd out for the game on saturday. having these small crowds really has been a big issue for the new board. but thankyou for your generous comments. i am just my little bit for the town and club i love so much
Iylas,
as previously stated, thanks for your help.

Observation - how can the club help the attendances to increase if the qualiy of the football under this manager continues to decrease?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 19:35   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Iylas,

Observation - how can the club help the attendances to increase if the qualiy of the football under this manager continues to decrease?
I just knew there would be an unpleasant sting in the tail. You can't resist, can you?

And you could have done Ilyas the courtesy of spelling his name correctly.
KiTChener, cashman, jaysay and 2 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 20:32   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I just knew there would be an unpleasant sting in the tail. You can't resist, can you?

Who is Dav007?
Will he/she identify themselves on Saturday so we can put a face to all these negative posts??

Gerard/KiTChener
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 20:52   #23
bdc

Many thanks to Ilyas helping the club out of a sticky patch again. Lets hope this is a mere blip, I wouldn't think it is fair to expect Ilyas to keep bailing us out.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 21:15   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

if anyone is fed up of reading the same post on every thread then visit you own profile page (click your name on any post or accy web main page, visitors today) ... find 'my profile' (yours not mine ) and you'll find 'edit ignore list' in the control panel halfway down the left hand side. Type Dav007 in and hit return. You'll no longer see his posts then.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 21:44   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if anyone is fed up of reading the same post on every thread then visit you own profile page (click your name on any post or accy web main page, visitors today) ... find 'my profile' (yours not mine ) and you'll find 'edit ignore list' in the control panel halfway down the left hand side. Type Dav007 in and hit return. You'll no longer see his posts then.
Aye but yeh will if someone quotes him, it aint foilproof.
Old 14-03-2013, 21:59   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Iylas,

Dav, your views on Leam's managerial ability are well documented and shared by many others. However, many others also think Leam is doing a good job in the circumstances.

Looking at things pragmatically, it's unlikely the board will or can replace him (we've a cash flow problem).

You do make some great points, but maintaining the anti Leam line will further alienate you and folk won't even bother to read your other worthwhile contributions.

We all understand your views on Leam and they're unlikely to change, which is your prerogative. Keep contributing to the forum positively and leave your views on Leam silent.

It won't change the way you feel on the subject, but will help your inputs on other matters be more readily accepted.
Outback Ozzy, KiTChener and jaysay like this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 21:59   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Did that some years ago, cos I was fed up with some guy from Whalley, also someone called Adam ( Cottier??)
Didn't work! Still had to read their forwarded posts!!
Gerard
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:09   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Dav, your views on Leam's managerial ability are well documented and shared by many others. However, many others also think Leam is doing a good job in the circumstances.

Looking at things pragmatically, it's unlikely the board will or can replace him (we've a cash flow problem).
Which should be obvious to all but the mentally challenged, fer all the good Coley @ Jimmy did which was a magnificent effort given our circumstances, The wages they were on had a contributary factor to our near demise the other year, Cos those running the show turned a blind eye to cold hard reality. we have had to cut our cloth accordingly, like it or not. The only sensible thing to me,is to get behind Leam @ the boys.Not rocket science really.
Old 14-03-2013, 22:32   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Which should be obvious to all but the mentally challenged, fer all the good Coley @ Jimmy did which was a magnificent effort given our circumstances, The wages they were on had a contributary factor to our near demise the other year, Cos those running the show turned a blind eye to cold hard reality. we have had to cut our cloth accordingly, like it or not. The only sensible thing to me,is to get behind Leam @ the boys.Not rocket science really.
Cashman,
I fully support Leam and all the players for the 90 minutes, but if the football and results are sub-standard such as Tuesday night, I have as much right as anyone to share my frustrations.

Peter Marsden's comments point towards the board supporting Leam despite the awful results; at the end of the season their decision may seem wise, lucky or foolish.
I for one more than anyone else, hope its the right decision.
I may not like supporting a manager who hasnt delivered, but I have not got much choice.

I really hope Leam proves me and many others wrong, I really do.

There would be no greater meal for me on the 27th April than humble pie.
I would even go as far as buying some of you a pint if we stay up.
And I hope it starts with 3 points vs Barnet.

It is Leam's time to shine, if he truelly believes he is football league manager, then he must begin to show it on Saturday.

Last edited by DAV007; 14-03-2013 at 22:34.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:39   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

See Davo, yeh highlighted me post n ignored the main point of it. Would that be cos yeh can't accept it? No-one wants us to lose our league status, we all know were punching above our weight though.

Last edited by cashman; 14-03-2013 at 22:48.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..